82 members have voted

1. 1. How long ago:

• 1 month
    • 6 months
    • 1 - 3 years
    • 3+ years
    • 5+
    • 10+,.

I used to get followed by the police all the time in the see and even more so in the skyline. They would u turn, follow me for 5 mins, I assume do all their checks, and eventually cut away. Happened all the time but they never stopped me

Then once in my BMW, the most inconspicuous car I've had, they did the same and did stop me this time. Same again, u turn but lights on immediately. I was cruising and in traffic on a busy main road

"Routine check" was his explanation

Once when I was about 20 at midnight on an urban dual carriageway in a Peugeot 106. Said I was going too fast (I wasn't) and breathalysed me (blew 0). Maybe as I was wearing a shirt he thought I may have been out on the razzle? Or maybe he wanted to try out his new breathyliser.

Second time about 5 years ago coming out of a small village just about to hit a B road and an officer stands in the middle of the road and has me do a random vehicle check (tyres, lights etc). This was in the Peugeot too. Bad luck that car was.

Third time I was in a small van (Peugeot Partner I believe - bloody Peugeot) and I was delivering goods along the west coast when I get pulled over for a Christmas breath test. The police officer realises I'm working and says 'I'll let you go, no test for you' lol

The most I have ever been stopped was obviously in my yoof but also when I had motorbikes, got stopped about 6 times in 2 years, no points I hasten to add, but bikes seemed to attract plenty of attention. I feel almost obscure in a car :)

Only once from memory, was around 8 years ago.

I passed a marked police Landy on a dual carriage way, he was cruising at maybe 60, I trundled passed him at 70mph then he flipped the lights on!

Pulled in trying to think what the problem was - it was the spacing on my number plate. Back then I spaced the plate M44T RS. Used the normal size lettering but obviously still breaking the law. I played nice, luckily the officer did too and just told me to sort it out :)

First time I got stopped was when I was 21 in my fiesta XR2. Parents had bought me my private plate for my birthday, something I'll always have. But between the bloke at the garage, a family friend ! and my mum decided it would be a good idea to cut the corners of a B to make it look like an 8. Thanks ! Haha, lesson learnt though.

I was 22 when I bought a brand new RX8, local plod stopped me 5 times in 2 months for various chats. Really wound me up.

Wasn't till years later I found out my Uncle (a copper) was playing an extended prank on me.

Last stop was in the 350z around 8 years ago. Guy was an utter bell end, claiming he'd followed me at 55 in a 40, and that my car was too loud and it wasn't cool etc etc

I asked if he was going to do anything about the apparent speeding (I wasn't btw) and he humphed, got in the cop car and left.

couple of years back when I had a toyota celica,got pulled over for having a bgw....been told it is not safe,EU marked and have to take it off in case I hit someone and they roll onto it :scare: ....

Been a while, Last 2 I remember where in the "Bitch" when I first got it I got stopped for "No MOT" which I had, got a stroppy officer who did not want to believe that it was because I had imported the car from Ireland and I did have an MOT done under the VIN number and had to wait for the new MOT to be switched to the number plate, No he wasn’t happy his computer was right I was wrong etc etc After a lot of radio calls, typing on the computer in the police car eventually they found out I was right the car was road legal (mentions of no MOT = no valid insurance as well!) and sent me on my way he didn’t even apologise for it just justified it all with “we have to follow what the computer tells us†It only annoyed me as he spent at least 10 minutes telling me the computer was never wrong and I was obviously mistaken (lying)

Second time a few months later – couldn’t have asked for a nicer officer, pulled me up started with “sorry to trouble you this evening sir†then asked if I had recently change the colour of my car – now driving a bright green Zed :lol:

“Yes officer†just last week I tell him sent the V5 off already he just said “no problem – the records just haven’t caught up on the computer yet, HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, sorry to bother you have a pleasant evening †O the irony :lol:

Not been stopped since that I can remember anyway.

Edited by Keyser

Couple of years ago in outback Norway a truck driver didn't like my, completely-safe-deserted-road-and-clear-for-about-half-a-mile-in-each-direction, overtake. He flashed as I passed then radioed local Police who pulled us a few miles down the road. They eyeballed the car, moaned about the rental company's summer tyres in April, asked us about overtaking, had a quick chat about our road trip and let us go with the advice that winter tyres are better for the arctic circle. The next day I found out he was correct, nearly pooed my pants in a blizzard on a mountain.

Most polite interaction with police ever.

• Like 1

I have been pulled over 3 times in total last one being about 4 years ago.

First two were for speeding (I was) I held my hands up and both were decent guys, I treated them with respect and they retreated me with respect.

Third time was a random breath test in the run up to Christmas, again the guys was pleasent and going about his job I just happened to be the next car when an officer became available. I blew clear, he thanked me for being patient etc.

maybe I've been lucky as to getting polite officers but I feel I was wrong in the first two so wasn't going to lie and the third instance I was actually happy to see them doing the stops.

I pulled over 2 xmases ago in works astra. I was in the wrong. I undertook what I thought was a taxi. He flashed me and followed me through a town centre, I tried to loose him. After 2 mins gave up and pulled over. As I did a panda top pulled up with blues and 2s. Turned out not a taxi, 2 off duty officers in the station officers car on the way back in. I had a chat, apologised. Shook hands merry Xmas etc. No further action. Learnt my lesson about being patient. I'm 33 and have no points, that was my first issue. But most of the time I'm on quiet country roads. My work requires me having a fairly clean license so cruise control is my friend.

I once got vascar'd from a motorway bridge doing 60 in a 50 - we were on our way to the airport and I was in no hurry, so had been doing that speed for quite a while and just hadn't spotted the restriction. Anyway, couple of weeks later, letter in the post saying the usual - I thought that there was no way I had been speeding on that stretch, so contested it - requested the full details and got a pre typed form in the post with the missing bits filled in by the pair on the bridge ie date speed time etc - except the date was wrong and it also had "and my colleague reported the number plate to me ....."

I let it go to court with a letter statement from me stating it can't have been me me as I was elsewhere on the date they recorded and hearsay ie "my colleague said"

it got adjourned

they sent me a revised statement with crossings out on it :scare:

it went back to court and I wrote another letter because they'd still got something wrong (can't remember what) - it got adjourned again

couple of days later I got a knock on the door from a pair of local bobbies looking rather embarrassed with another statement altered (the original offence was in the borough of Avon - I'm in SW Wales)

went back to court I obviously complained about the "amendments to the statement" - got a £40 fine and no points - so a sort of a win :surrender:

that was easily 20 years ago - never been stopped or otherwise since (hastily touching wood)

It was about a month after I'd bought the Z, and I was travelling back from Eastbourne having covered a 12H shift at the hotel. It had gone midnight and I was absolutely starving so decided to grab a cheeky maccies. The duel carriageway I was on ends in a big set of traffic lights, and a gradually reducing speed limit from 70MPH - 50MPH and then 40MPH.

So for a good stretch of this duel carriageway I am well aware of a marked traffic unit sat in front of me, doing dead on 70mph. Thats fine as I'm sat behind him with the cruise control set at 70mph too, and its just me and him. Approaching the first drop in the speed limit, in almost one manoeuvre he moves over to the right, brakes hard and obviously where ive got the CC on I sail straight past. Almost instantly I realise whats about to happen, whip the CC off and start coasting. But no, he moves behind me, gets right up my ass and then the blues and twos come on

So we drive into the maccies, and obviously I pull over, put the window down and switch off. He comes over and asks if I know why Ive been palled over. I reply with I believe it to be because of what happened back on the duel carriageway but making it clear that it wasnt intentional, and why did he brake when there was nothing about? Oh no. He was trying to say Id undertaken him in an aggressive manor to which I asked to see the video footage. Funnily he didnt want to show me!

So at this point we've hit an impass, im refuting what hes saying but he wont show me the footage either, so we start with checks. Now I'll be the first to admit ive not always been a saint, nothing horrific but I have had several brushes with the law and around here that sticks. So he's doing his checks and looking at my license and leans in and says

"How does a lad like you afford a car like this around here"

Now I wont lie, i said something pretty dumb. Im sat in my car at 1am by this point tired, hungry and in my work suit. And being berated by a police officer who is as fat as he is short. So naturally I ask the question of, how did a dunking doughnut wedge like yourself become a police officer when if he ran his legs would chafe.

Long story short, having been detained for another hour, multiple checks in which I turned up squeaky clean, breath tested etc he decided to let me go with a severe verbal bashing and a warning that he'd be "keeping his eye out for me"

Not been pulled since, and that was only my third time being pulled. 26 this year, no points, full NCBs and have an awesome 350z. Im happy :D

Edited by Olly350z
  • Like 1

Never been stopped - but I did stop right next to a policeman once B)

Imagine the scene; a dark night in the Yorkshire Moors, a badly tuned, 1 litre Renault 5 with pizza cutter tyres, mismatched bumpers and Halfrauds cheapest rally aux lights wood-screwed into the front - I was on a navigational rally, as part of my uni's motor club.

It was about 1am and I was blatting along a unlit single width road to the next marker. My navigator called out a 'tight left in 100' and I down-shifted a couple to prepare, probably doing 30-35 as I approached and feathering the brake to load up the front axle (that was how it was in my mind - in reality the 50kg of bass speaker cabinet I hauled around in the boot probably had more say in the weight distribution than my toes did!).

What I wasn't prepared for was a dead 90degree left turn with a farm house directly on the end of the straight :scare: With the traditional mantra of the surprised driver 'HOLY F**K', I floored the brake with both feet - I was only 18 and yet to perfect my elite driving skillz! - of course locking up all 4 wheels and sliding in that glorious cloud of road dust and wheel smoke to within 2-3 feet of the front wall of the house.

Basking in my well executed emergency stop and feeling the tingly rush of adrenaline, I looked at my navigator with the look of those that narrowly avoid being a gruesome stain on someones home :boxing: .......

only to jump out of my skin when someone casually knocked on my window - that someone turning out to be a policeman in full blues leaning over to look in at the pair of speccy teenagers that could have ended, not just their own lives, but his also! :oops:

I had NO IDEA where he came from, I was just sooo freaked out from almost crashing into the only building for miles. He must have been in the house, and have JUST got in and had his bobby hat to hand, to be able to walk out and remonstrate me for my driving prowess within seconds of the near pancaking.

The miracles didn't stop there, as after I had regained my heart rate and opened the window and a long winded explanation of why we were hooning around at that time of night - he let me go with no more than 'be a bit more careful around here' :yahoo:

To top it off - I came 4th out of 23 entries from all the NW university clubs and first from my uni :#1:

Something must have been in the air that night, because another car (with his mother in the back seat, to make sure he was behaving on the event!) swore blind they saw a UFO ! :shrug:

Last time I got pulled by the Police was well over 10 years ago and just like Alex I can't even remember what happened now. :blush::lol:

I did how ever get a speeding ticket through the post maybe 5+ years ago when I was caught doing 37 mph in a 30 zone, ...but in my defence I thought it was a 40 zone as it was a dual carriageway road but I had missed the sign posts stating 30mph.

So funny as I saw the speed camera van ahead so could of easily slowed down in time but didn't as I was under 40 which I thought was the limit. The guy inside must of thought I was a right arrogant co*k not even slowing down for a speed camera van. :teeth:

I was pulled up 3 days before Christmas. I think the nice young police lady just wanted a chat! 😉 I entered a 60 zone going a little more than 60 😇

Sent from my iPhone using a hammer and chisel

I was trying to think when the last time i saw a police car in peterborough, It must be a couple of years now

About 4 years ago, my own fault. Phone wasn't in the cradle and connected to BTooth.

Mrs phoned me and I answered it, drove by the Po Po with a phone to my ear, as expected it was a short call as I had to speak with the nice gentleman in uniform. He even gave me a certificate and a special offer :)