A BIG thank you to Colin

Will370z

Due to other commitments Colin (Ebized) has decided to call it a day and step down from his moderating role

I would just like to say a huge thank you to Colin on behalf of the forum members and the team for all the hard work he has put into this forum over the last 10 or so years.

A lot of hard work goes on behind the scenes on the forum and in organising events and Colin has been instrumental in much of this over the years. I have forgotten the number of events, meets, weekends that Colin has organised and facilitated that are key to making this place what it is. The Wales weekends and the hoons being prime epic examples

I always see Colin as one of the first people to go out of his way to say hello to new members at their first meet, getting them involved and welcoming them into the club. He did it to me all those years back and it made a big impression, and he has gone out of his way to help when people need advice or help with their cars or questions. He is definitely one of lifes givers.

Thanks for all your input Colin, it is much appreciated. Enjoy the forum with fewer buttons from now on :)

• Like 9

A well deserved retirement from the forum. Can't say anyone has provided anything more than what Colin has, and I don't just mean representation of the club. Colin has guided many Zed owners along the way, whether it be car advice, knowledge, information, but mostly his dedication to create such epic runs of Wales. But then it's not just Colin, in which June has equally been his wing girl during the Wales weekend and both are totally wonderful folk.

Well done and equally a thank you from me and Jayne. B) You have made both of us feel welcomed under your support at events you've organised. All the best :)

• Like 2

Your kind comments appreciated , but just to correct a little.

I signed up on the forum in Feb 2006, just a couple of months after the forum started. I have 'only' been a mod since August 2009 and it has been a great experience working with like-minded members passionate about the Zed.

But now I am Zedless and unlikely to own another (well 3 I think is better than average :lol: ) and in consequence not attending events like I used to up and down the country, it was time to make way for someone who can be more active than me.

I bought my first Zed, as back in 2004/5 they were THE driver's car to have. It was with a very heavy heart after nearly 9 years of Zed ownership and what I estimate to be some 14000 miles driven of forum related events, including the excuse for numerous recces :teeth: I had to accept that it was time to grow up and be a proper grandfather and take them out in a car that I could also enjoy when the circumstances permit.... Would I have another Zed - you bet your life I would but unfortunately you can't turn the clock back when life introduces other priorities.

But I'll be hanging around and continue to help those new to Zed ownership, when I can. :)

• Like 10

I met Colin as a newbie for the first time in Wales and enjoyed following him around, I'll always remember him stopping and asking if everyone was ok with his pace weather it was too slow/ fast. Thanks Colin for that, it was much appreciated and all you have done over the years too.

• Like 1

I can't add much more to the other kind words already said.

I have spent many happy times with Colin.

We had a cracking day at Goodwood in a sprint I was competing in last year and prior to that trying to wrestle Wassos monster V8 into the back of Chris's pickup at the Zed Shed!!

You don't meet many genuine nice people in life and he is one of the best.

Stick around mate as looking forward to seeing you again with the Silver Pheonix!

• Like 1

Colin is one of the few people on here who could justifiably claim the title of Z Legend.

Your time was truly appreciated sir. We may not always have agreed, but you never had anything less than my total respect. Thank you for all your effort over the years :)

• Like 3

I'll just add yet another big thank you to Colin ( and June :) ) for all the contributions you've made.

From first meeting you on the Wales meet over six years ago. It's been a real pleasure being in your company for a few days each year. And I appreciate (I think :lol: ) you keeping me honest on those blasts along those lovely Welsh roads.

Not only that, your presence on the forum as an Admin. Who has been consistent, fair and who has shared much knowledge. Has been really appreciated. And on top of that, you're a thoroughly lovely chap and all round 'good egg'!

Really glad your enjoying spending valuable time with the family. And that time could not be better spent. Nice to know you're sticking around.

Thank you so much :)

• Like 4