I'm far from F*king pleased!! (Finished Page12)

Wasso

So here we go.

Before I begin, the Police know everything, as I couldn't really hide my hand bleeding and the results of a smashed window. I won't be able to take this via the insurance route as the car didn't have insurance, in addition the car was registered to Harrow on the Hill. They both said there's a very likely chance the car doesn't belong to the house it's registered to as it's a very wealthy area!

So....

I'm heading East on the A40 just prior to the Perivale Turn Off. I'm in the outside lane doing around 40mph in slow to medium traffic. There's two cars in front of me, nicely spaced apart. There's a large truck on the inside lane, and roughly 5 car lengths ahead there's a car in the middle lane. I look in my nearside mirror to see a purple Nissan Micra hurtling up the middle lane, I thought "what a knob" next thing I know he's either miss judged, or just been a rubbish driver and clouted my car with an all mighty bang.

He does not slow down, he continues in his lane as if nothing happened. I'm in shock, so I follow him and join the middle lane, he then darts off at the junction whilst trying to dodge cars. He is forced to stop at the lights, I jump out my car and demand him to exit the car, he proceeds to lock the car!! :scare: I bang the window with force to make it known, I want him out the car. He covers his face so that I can't see his identity. I run forward to the other cars which are stopping him from moving forward and ask them to wait, no matter what to block him in.

This is where my love for the car and the devil inside me just erupted, and I'll be honest I didn't even know I was doing it until after the event, because it's not my normal approach (nicely calmly). So I return to his vehicle, rip off his Window Wiper and smash it through his window and attempt to drag him out the car!! He thinks that driving away is the answer and he does, which in hindsight I should have grabbed the keys.

So he's belted over pavements almost hitting another car, he approaches stationary traffic and then drives at oncoming traffic to get away. I wasn't going to risk my car getting even further damaged and took it that's the end of that. I look back and a bloke is filming the whole incident, I ask him to follow me to the side of the road to get his details. A chap in a Tesco delivery van does the same.

Both local chaps after giving details said they will keep their eyes open to see if he's still around. So I head onward to RT. I get a phone call from one of the witnesses, "I've found his car abandoned" So I head back to where the car has been dumped with keys still left in the ignition. So I call the police and they arrive 30 minutes later.

They asked about the entire events and looking at Suzi said, so did you hit him? I said no, which one of the coppers said "you should have done!) I told him the full story and he said I don't blame you. So they were totally cool about the situation. I mentioned that I want everything done possible to find this little scrotum. So I provided all the necessary details. They offered to get forensics down, but said they may not come down with such a low level crime, I said look, you've got to do something! They agreed to get the car collected and take it back for forensics, as there was some good items in the car in which to examine.

I doubt I'll hear anything, but they felt my pain and agreed to do what they could for me. Nice blokes.

So that's it really in a nutshell. I probably shouldn't have put as much detail in this and if Mods wish for it to be doctored just let me know.

So now I have a load of inconvenience and further cost! Thank god Taras has been accommodating to fix not just the paint, but now some bodywork and a skirt!

Edited by Wasso

Wow that's a rather eventful drive then.

Clearly there were other factors. I mean, who doesn't stop after an accident, a very small percentage of people.

Who then, in a Micra tried to out-run a 350Z??? :wacko:

Then still doesn't want top get out after the "further action" you took against him??

Total idiot but I suppose at least you were on the way to RT at the time so if it had to happen, now was the best time really.

Really really really sucks though. Some people are just scum.

sorry to see this, hopefully the police will catch up with the prick. hopefully he dumped the car and left in a hurry and left something in there with some decent forensics on it, or details about himself.

i think alot of people would react in the same way you did

That's quite the drama! Not sure I would have the strength or initiative to smash the window with a windscreen wiper! Can't believe the guys behaviour, even if he did steal the car and everything else - trying to escape by driving away surely could've been even worse? i.e. could've hit someone.

Hope he doesn't get away with it.

Hell NO! I would of grab the hardest thing out of my boot and clubbed there arms and feet down till the bone was like sawdust.. so they could never drive again! Bloody hell! I hate people like that just want to string them up by the balls with a tow rope n drag them, along the M6, Breathe in, breathe out, damn im angry and its not even my car! Wish the police would just get all these assh@les off the road instead of stopping us legit people!

Anyway rant over, hope the legal system has someway of helping you out!

I'm speechless mate. You hear of these things happening, but never to someone you know, involving a car you know too.

Not that there is a bright side, but at least you're okay Ian and Suzie can be repaired. The way the scum was driving and how he reacted once cornered, it could of been much worse.

If you need anything mate, just shout.

:scare: I have no words mate! It's one thing to have someone hit your car, it's another if they run, it's a whole other matter if they're not insured/stolen vehicle.

As mentioned before, there is a system for hit and run/uninsured accidents but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. I googled something like "what to do hit and run" and found the website with all the info when it happened my parents car.

I'll try and find it when I get hold of a computer :thumbs:

Oh yea, and get RT to take many many photos and record details of everything they do just incase you can claim off this system and hopefully get so me money back :D

Good luck mate, I really feel for you, I think I would have stabbed them with the wiper once I got in there, so you really have no need to be ashamed of your actions, we would all do the same if not more.

That's terrible, can't blame you for losing it.

At least my offenders were insured even though they were very difficult. In hindsight I think the woman had been drinking and only spoke to me through the door and had to get her obtuse Nepolian syndrome husband to come and "talk" to me with a right attitude. I wish if called the police.

Hope you get it sorted but I think it maybe worth speaking to someone in the insurance game to understand your options.

My god that's truly awful!!!

Accidents are bad enough when someone stops and its sorted out easily. Really hope the car gets sorted and you manage to get the money back for the repairs from the uninsured scrote fund.

The Goverment set aside a sum of money to cover being hit by uninsured drivers.

Don't know much about it only that my mate had his rear taken out by a hit and run

and claimed full repaires.

Yes which is provided by from the insurance companies by charging us through the nose!

Mandatory third party insurance should be provided by the gov through fuel duty.

What a story though, pleased to hear the police were sympathetic, i guess they know its probably the only form of punishment they might receive.

Gutted for you dude. From what I've seen of it here it was immaculate. You will get your money back from the mib eventually. My mate got his old Clio years ago arse ended by a friend who turned out to be uninsured. Sucks that you have to stump up the fixing costs first though.

Sure it was about a year before he got refunded.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta