I'm far from F*king pleased!! (Finished Page12)

Wasso

I just want to thank all those who've passed comment to this thread. The damage isn't huge by some standards, but I guess the circumstance in which I was involved infuriate us all. I have to be honest and admit the damage and circumstances did affect me especially over the weekend. All the hard work caring and pampering you give the car only for it to be ruined by a knob head! One that probably doesn't deserve to mix in our communities. I think the only way I'll see light at the end of this journey is to see my car in better shape than when it was hit.

I've not heard anything from the police but I'll chase them tomorrow to see what they've found out. Nothing I bet.

I've been quoted for a rear quarter for the car at £700!! :angry: they don't cost that much to manufacture, Nissan are robbing twunts!!

Door is being sourced from Tradelink - Thanks Greg.

The side skirt is being reconstructed and Taras will apply some nice new paint plus extra mods to keep me happy. My TDX V2 should also go on at the end of the month with service and alignment/suspension adjustments.

They say retail therapy helps, so I'm guessing with the exhaust that lot should be about £3k.

Did anyone say Zeditis is expensive?

As I say thanks again Zed Community :):clap:

Hi m8 do you think it will be ready for LakeZ ?

This is the plan. Originally we set two weeks to accommodate a paint job. But now with body work and potential delays its going to be very close.

I'll know probably during the last week of June if its achievable.

It would be a shame to miss but I don't want RT to rush.

Sorry to read about this mate,Makes the blood boil!!!

I am a bit confused,will you not be going through your insurance to get this sorted?

Or is that not possible because it was an uninsured driver?

I know insurance companies want an extra premium to insure against incidents like this but you would think fully comprehensive means exactly that??!!

Those quarter panels are a bastard to do as you have to take the quarter glass out and all sorts.

My 1st one that got ran into by a woman 2 years ago was sourced from WLMG and ARC park royal did the repaires.

Still have the bill from Nissan somewhere at £687 with the vat..

It is a labour of love.

I cant understand why they are so expensive except for the fact the price of metal is constantly on the rise.

I am sure its going to look the rollox when finished:)

Nice one taras, good luck with it.

How would you like me to call Rosie IT! :nono:

She has feelings you know!

I'm so pleased the wheels are in motion so to speak.

*update*

Phoned the 101 tell number today to find out what's happening.

Call 1 : Ring this number XXXXXXXX

Call 2 : Hi can I discuss my CAD number XXXX right okay sir you need another number (despite selecting "north of the Thames" as a selection. You need to ring THIS number XXXXX

Call 3 : Hi can I discuss my CAD number XXXX right okay sir you need another number XXXXXX

Call 4 : HELLO! Can I discuss my CAD number XXXXX, yes sir hold on. "Aha, I need to log into another system. Can I call you back. yes ok!

Call 5 : Hi, I can confirm the file has been passed to us but not in full as the offending car has been crushed. Okay so what happened to the forensics? "Don't know sir, you'll have to speak with PC XXXX" okay, so what's happened to the owner of the vehicle registered to Harrow on the Hill? "Don't know sir, you'll have to speak with PC XXXX" Right so you can't really tell me anything? "No sir!"

So what was the point of all of that?

I am the victim, not some passer-by who just called the wrong number. Have they done anything "Don't know" seems to be the most popular response?? It seems that victims are just treated as another call and that I have some serious damage to my car and inconvenience it would appear the culprit has been given the opportunity to just walk free.

Now, if I speed just 10mph over the speed limit they shove points and a fine up your ass! Fair I think not. I sometimes wonder why we have to put up with this crap sometimes.

Not only is my pride and joy damaged but I have the inconvenience of dealing with our law enforcement, but frankly I don't see much happening, as I quote "this is a low level crime sir"

I truly give up!!

Horrific news dude!! No doubt some undesirable from some run-down council estate!

Badger culling should be extended up the food chain..... ;)

Least the police sounded like they were doing something which is more than can be said for them the majority of the time.

Agree which you on the fine part, though unfortunately I think a lot of these set laws and penalties are put in place not from the 'proper police' but plastic airheads who sit behind desks!!! :surrender:

damnnnnn only just read through this properly, I cannot vent the way I feel about people like this in a public forum, as im sure a lot of people do. I really admire your restraint in dealing with the driver, just reading that made my blood boil.

Hello Ian, really sorry to hear about this situation, mate - makes my blood boil just reading about it.

Hope you get her back better than before and that you're pleased with the work done :thumbs:

As you say, retail therapy is probably the right answer in the circumstances :snack:

Dave

my old man had same issue after a hit and run {head on doing 60mph} left him trapped in the car while he and his missis and one year old girl got out the a3 that hit him and walked off calmly and had the same with police "we went to address he said he was in car but not driving etc " they never done anything not even leaving the scene off an accident :surrender: ok CU*#TSTUBLE can I have his address then :blush: so I can thank him for nearly killing my family member :stretcher:

Low level crime? Since when was dangerous driving such a trivial thing? The police need to get a grip and do their job properly.

Sorry to hear about your car, at least it was only your car that was damaged and not you.

Just logged in for the first time in weeks. I'm shocked fella...not only by the "Tough sh1t" attitude of British Policing, but also about the way in which this happened, and the fact that this fooktard could have injured or killed someone when trying to get away! Add to this the fact that you have witnesses and video evidence (i think?) and I'm even MORE amazed that the Police can't progress this...

When my old 200sx got hit by some joyriding pr1cks I gave chase....gave up at 70 leptons when the joyriders decided to speed at over 80mph thru a 30 zone. The Police did nothing. The area had cameras. The fooktards could have killed someone driving like they did. Police just shrugged, gave me a crime reference and that was that. In fact, i think *I* got a bollocking for not reporting the hit-and-run in person to a Police Station within 48hours.... WTF!

Anyhoo, I hope she gets sorted soon, and that the pr1ck who hit you has dropped his phone while visiting Chester Zoo and has ignored the "These Lions bite" sign as he clambers over the enclosure to retrieve his phone... :teeth: