I need a 4x4!!

Wasso

I'd be tempted to get a Land Rover Defender if it was me Wasso. Solid build, cheap parts & I wouldn't worry if it picked up some battle scars along the commute. ;)

http://www2.autotrad...s/200?logcode=p

http://www2.autotrad...s/200?logcode=p

See that's more sensible, as you'd cry if you did any Scuff's or Damage to that beautiful Lada :(
  • Like 1

Get a scooby, cheap as, fast, 4WD and if you fear deep water, fit a snorkel and possibly a periscope. :lol:

I've have a mate who's into that point to point, 4x4 off road, winching stuff. He has a Pajero and treats it like the prevebial, but it just keeps on trucking, I bet it's not so quick mind.

a tank you say

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c3c9ca73e

mileage is high not sure what them lumps are like

Never been a fan of Volvo's, but it's worth a search on Autotrader to see what else there is. A 2.4 lump would be perfect, not too juicy and not too under powered. Heck that mileage is a bit high though..... Good shout, will look further. :thumbs:

my old man has a much newer XC90 with the D5 and it shifts and has decent mpg. Can usually see about 30mpg on motorway. A few things have went wrong recently and its been quite costly.

In terms of build quality and comfort it has been excellent though and has clocked up a fair few motorway miles in the last few years without any hiccups till recently.

Had my landcruiser for 14 Years and it's never let me down! Does everything I need it to with ease and will do triple digits on the motorways, what more could you ask...

1454410_10202487643462301_2076121635_n_zpsa3f42a4c.jpg

The X5's are great for normal road driving but I've seen one get stuck on a flat wet field. They have 4 wheel drive but have no centre diff lock, or rear or front diff lock so once one wheel starts spinning you're stuck, even with good tyres!

Edited by Beau

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Peugeot 4007, Peugeots version of the Outlander (built in Japan). Superb vehicle and one I don't mind driving - 165bhp and shed load of torque so very effective at overtaking. Not bad handling either for a cheap 4x4. Good fun off road too, scared the sh*t out of my wife a few times with my antics. Mainly used for dog, camping and scouting activities coz my 350z cant do this stuff.

• Like 1

I'm currently considering a Mitsubishi Outlander

Or a Peugeot 4007, which is a Mitsubishi Outlander but with a better engine :) Mine goes off road a lot (and don't tell other half) but it will pretty much drive over anything in it's path including X5's lol

I have a Peugeot 4007, Peugeots version of the Outlander (built in Japan). Superb vehicle and one I don't mind driving - 165bhp and shed load of torque so very effective at overtaking. Not bad handling either for a cheap 4x4. Good fun off road too, scared the sh*t out of my wife a few times with my antics. Mainly used for dog, camping and scouting activities coz my 350z cant do this stuff.

We should start our own 4007/350z owners club :)