I need a 4x4!!

Wasso

Interesting.....

http://www2.autotrad...age/1?logcode=p

well - I was going to post a new thread when yours came up - as said I'm on the hunt as well :wacko:

But your budget sounds higher than mine :lol:

possibly - but you've just spent (or going to spend) £12 K on a minor zed upgrade

Ok cool, this is building a nice picture in my head.

I need a Unimog/Rangey/BigFoot

Is there such a thing :lol:

Notes taken on the X5, which to be honest ticks some boxes that others doesn't. I like the look of the interior and it's a few steps up from the interior of the 350 to be honest. Sit back relax, kick off the riding boots lol.

I'll get hunting and test driving then.

Interesting.....

http://www2.autotrad...age/1?logcode=p

well - I was going to post a new thread when yours came up - as said I'm on the hunt as well :wacko:

But your budget sounds higher than mine :lol:

possibly - but you've just spent (or going to spend) £12 K on a minor zed upgrade

True, but I'd rather spend the weekends in the Zed and the week day in the cruiser that eats dead animals for breakfast.

Notes taken on the X5, which to be honest ticks some boxes that others doesn't. I like the look of the interior and it's a few steps up from the interior of the 350 to be honest. Sit back relax, kick off the riding boots lol.

Better?

Han-Luke-Hoth.jpg

• Like 1

Better?

Han-Luke-Hoth.jpg

those things tend to have their bottom end drop out when it gets too cold though ;)

• Like 1

Ian

Stretch the budget and get a Nissan Juke. Thats my plan to replace my ford focus run around for similar reasons to you.

Payco

The Mrs already has one, blood good vehicle if you ask me. Thing is I want to be able to not care about the vehicle and chuck it places it shouldn't go.

You can get a really nice looking 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 Diesel for £2.5k.

Funny you say that, a girl at work has one, the V8 version, they don't look too bad, not that many around. So this appeared on my list first of all......

OMG :scare: :scare: :scare:

You know you want one! I'd love to have one to play with :lol:

I think I'm gonna be sick...... :surrender: - ooooops too late......!!

:surrender::scare:

When you break down in your tiny X5 - I'll drive past and offer to tow you in my tank whilst towing a caravan, trailer, a buss and a boat all at the same :lol:

She's Bullet Proof!!!! (Probably literally is bullet proof :lol: )

- Posted too many emoticons in this message!!!

A6 all road

CRV

Anything from jeep

Santa Fe/tuscon

Sorento/sportage

Anything from land rover

Lexus rx

Merc ML

Shogun/shogun sport/outlander

Murano/pathfinder

Grand vitara

Land cruiser

Rav4

Volvo cross country

Yes piston heads does make car suggestions easier :lol:

I reckon I've got the range of motoring requirements covered with the Zed for the nice days (even today - came back to Manchester from Sheffield over the Snake Pass in reasonable / nice weather with the top open!) but a Toyota Hilux for the grotty weather and the times I need to carry a wardrobe or a fridge!

In times gone by we got my ex a Suzuki Jimny and I really liked that, too, easy and comfortable, and the 4WD handled some awful conditions pretty well

In an aside note - I came back from Dorset about a month ago in the Zed and the puddles were 4" deep in places and even taking it carefully there were times when the water came over the bonnet as solid green, not just spray - the Zed never missed a beat. I was impressed . . . .

HiluxinLayby_zpsd83f8c97.jpg

JimnyinScotland.jpg