Looked at new car today shocked at px quote

player2301

Allo went to look at a 2007 audi tt ( new shape ) for 13,000 today at a volvo main dealers garage..

Salesman came and had a look at my car and stated this is a real minter im trying to find anything wrong with it LOL

or so i thought. . . . . .

Away he went came back with a total of £4000

Now i know the car is a 2004 and has 87,000 miles on her but has full nissan service history and the car is in showroom condition

I told him where to go ( Not in so many words :angry: )

He has since phoned me back and said i can squeeze another £250 :yahoo:

lol..

When i questioned him about the price he said he has browsed autotrader and theres a few on there for £4000 i then said have you read the description as they are mainly CAT D or just sheds . . He mumbled something then id had enough grrrrrr

So am i wanting to much for my car and what would you guys hold out for ?

pics of the women in question, Gave it a clean and wax so i can go and gett abused at more garages tomorrow :evil:

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard part-ex sales guy really.

They want to make a profit on the car they take in part-ex. Yours is probs worth privately around £7k at the moment, so I wouldn't expect over £5.5k part ex value.

Obviously this guy was taking the **** though.

I feel your pain :bang:

You might be better off putting it up for sale on here or on PH, from speaking to people looking for a car, the most common comment was Silver was last on their list :surrender: . So with yours being Black you might get lucky and get a decent price for it :thumbs:

Its always depressing hearing the px value garages will offer. Ive burst out laughing and walked out a few times.

Just px'd my little roadster. Px value wasnt great but it was acceptable and as good as i was going to get, so bit the bullet and went for it. No regrets when i was in the new car though :teeth:

I feel your pain :bang:

You might be better off putting it up for sale on here or on PH, from speaking to people looking for a car, the most common comment was Silver was last on their list :surrender: . So with yours being Black you might get lucky and get a decent price for it :thumbs:

Silver is en vogue now jim........ :lol:

I don't know why people put silver last on their list. I love silver.. although I did look for a blue one and a red one before I bought my silver ;)

Tragic what happens to car prices though. I just swapped my old Subaru for a pair of front tyres for the zed :wacko:

Well I bought mine last week, 2005 uk car, zero previous owners, grey with black interior, new tyres, new mot and in lovely condition for £4750 - so I would have thought it was about right for px.

:scare: Unless your car is on 150k+ miles, you practically stole that. Decent low-mid mileage 2005 cars are between 7-8K normally.

DB

Well I bought mine last week, 2005 uk car, zero previous owners, grey with black interior, new tyres, new mot and in lovely condition for £4750 - so I would have thought it was about right for px.

:scare: Unless your car is on 150k+ miles, you practically stole that. Decent low-mid mileage 2005 cars are between 7-8K normally.

DB

+1.........you must have galactic mileage or lots of moggies lurking in the VOSA history!

Feel your pain Gav but that's what you get for trying to swap the zed for a hairdresser's TT :bangin::p:p

You've been awfully quiet mate! What have you been up to?

Do you even drive that zed ;)

Hold out for 5.5k atleast and goodluck with the P/X or sale B)

I am keeping mine and driving it into the track :teeth:

Will give you a bell if I'm up the black country.

That does sound low but it's expected from a dealer. You'd get more privately but depends if you want the hastle.

Personally the only reason I can see it being worth slightly less is the mileage. Coming up for 90k.. Although I suppose it is an 04. I don't know enough about Zeds yet to comment properly I suppose.