Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

Be careful when removing the tank. If it's like my old 330 the tank will have a thermostat attached to the bottom so the tank has to come out the right way or you'll snap the stat - as I did and as most 330 owners do. I got replacements from BMW off the shelf as they break regularly, luckily though the new parts are resigned to stop it happening

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the while ordeal, you've incredibly lucky to go from 50/50 to not at fault.

Would a dash cam of helped?

100%, which is why I've now got one fitted. I don't feel I'll be that lucky twice.

• Like 1

I try to :blush:

Anyway, disaster averted, new expansion tank collected and fitted by 11am this morning. If it breaks now, at least it's not something I could easily foresee. Which does of course mean that I had time for a couple of quick pics, which whilst not exactly David Bailey, do give a fairly good idea of what the car is like now it's finished. Well, ish, but more on that later.

CarLM1.jpg

CarLM2.jpg

A bit different than last time, no? :D

Full wrap in 3M 1080 Gloss Burnt Orange

Dechrome of window surround and side strake in gloss black

Wing mirrors wrapped in gloss black

Maxton gloss black front lip spoiler

Japspeed BGW

Japan Racing JR18s, 18x8.5 ET25 front and 18x9.5 ET22 rear, spacers 18mm/10mm F/R

Tyre sizes now 245/45/18F and 275/40/18R, up from 245/45/18 all round

VAC E46 seat mount on driver side only

Sparco Sprint seat on driver side only

#TeamTarmac Tredwear tyre letters & sunstrip

Seats will eventually be Recaro Pole Position both sides, however they're on a 6 week lead time so I've only put one in for now just to make sure it would fit and I could defeat the airbag shizzle. Calipers will also be sprayed in either matching orange or silver, depending on how OTT the former will be. Again, I just ran out of time before LM.

Massive thanks to Chris at TarmacSportz (wheels), Grundy at TeamTarmac (tyre stickers), Valet Magic in Camberley (vinyl wrap & dechrome), Hack Engineering (seat mounts) and mostly my wife for pretending not to care about all the money I'm p*ssing up the wall on a 12 year old BMW :lol:

It took me sodding ages to choose that colour, I hadn't actually seen it in the flesh before choosing and in fact changed my mind just a few days before the car was due in for the wrap. I can't praise Robbie at Valet Magic enough, really good guy to deal with and a superb job he did too. I'm delighted with the end result, and it's certainly significantly easier to find in car parks now. ;)

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 10

Huge improvement..... Apart from the bgw :surrender:

Hah, that was always going to be a point of contention! :lol: It serves no practical purpose whatsoever, and that photo is doing it no favours at all but it's growing on me and I think it suits the car relatively well. The Alpina B6 GT3 car an with legs more cantered back which I may look into changing when I get back from LM, but we'll see.

Bloody hell I didn't expect this!

I like everything bar the wing so top work my friend. I love the wife comment too lol

So what do your friends/family say about you going from the 997 to this?

• Like 1