Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

That steering wheel just looks so... boring... :lol:

I guess I'm just used to people wanting a bright colour for the stitching, rather than black. But it certainly feels infinitely nicer than the original BMW one - I'm surprised at how awful the leather was on it!

Glad you're happy with it, Dan :thumbs:

• Like 1

:lol:

I was so tempted to get a colour on it, but I have no idea what colour I'm doing elsewhere on the car yet so I didn't want to limit myself. Plus this way it won't put anyone off resale as it still looks OEM.

Sorry if you nodded off whilst making it though :D

Just had a read of that PPC article Col, it's pretty good stuff and fair comment most of it. Biggest issue they miss out is the valve stem seal wear on the N62 engine, but otherwise it's a very positive article and a good reminder as to why I bought a pikey no-frills manual car: They do mention about the leaky gearbox and the risk of dodgy electrics an awful lot!

Also it gives a figure as to the amount of manual cars out there, which is about 10%. A fairly rare beasty I have indeed, which is good to know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Romanian lorry drivers should learn to use their mirrors in petrol stations. It might help them avoid driving into the front of my f*cking car.

To say I'm slightly miffed is an understatement. Turns out though that, when sufficiently irritated, I have no problem mouthing off at two random foreign blokes despite them both being a fair bit bigger than me :lol:

Oh, it's not funny really. I'm quite irritated, especially since I'd just booked the car in yesterday for a colour change. That goes out of the window now. :( Plenty of front end damage, going to get drunk now and look again in the morning.