Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

Dan are you having a 1/3rd life crisis or something? :shrug::lol:

Like the colours. Very cool orange & black combo. B);)

Likewise, think the colours and general look of the car are fantastic but am not 100% about the size of the rear wing. But then I'm just an old git with a JAAAAAG.:lol:

Oh and glad you managed to get it fixed.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 1

Huge improvement..... Apart from the bgw :surrender:

Hah, that was always going to be a point of contention! :lol: It serves no practical purpose whatsoever, and that photo is doing it no favours at all but it's growing on me and I think it suits the car relatively well. The Alpina B6 GT3 car an with legs more cantered back which I may look into changing when I get back from LM, but we'll see.

Out of all the members on here I never thought grundy and co would be able to brainwash your car taste :lol:

Don't get me wrong on the right car I do like that look I just don't think the 6 is that car

My mr2 will be right up their street (and yours now) when I get round to starting it

I was very tempted by Ditch Finders and they'd have worked so well for LM, but this look is for the longer term so TT it is.

Cost wasn't particularly cheap at over a couple of grand, and I could have got that down by using a cheaper material or not having the doors & shuts done, or even by just using someone cheaper. However, sometimes it's worth spending a bit extra on the parts and gaining a bit of trust from the chap doing the work, and I felt most comfortable doing it at this level.

Very few people have seen it in the flesh, I put pics up here before social media so the comments are still coming through from friends and family. All seems very positive so far, which is always comforting as this price point :lol:

• Like 1

Now...when I posted up on my GT4 car thread should I go for a an aftermarket front lip Mr Dan barks straight back 'no keep it OEM' - then I open this! :lol:

Do as I say, not as I do :p

Your car looks great from the factory, mine looked dull as ditchwater :lol:

• Like 3

Well when I first saw the colour I thought "what has he done" but it's actually growing on me as for the wing well if you get caught out in the rain you'll be able to shelter under it ,you and all of your friends and their friends :lol:

in fact from the rear it looks like a fancy bus shelter ;)

• 3 months later...

Finally FINALLY got round to ordering the Pole Position seat this week, which will hopefully arrive in the next couple of weeks if lead time indicators are to be believed. Just a single one for now as I'm going to fit runners to this one, and I want to see how access to the rear is with these new seats before I ditch the pax one too.

If access is still okay, then I'll order the 2nd seat. If access is rubbish, then I'll order the 2nd seat along with a custom harness bar and really just make it a strict 2 seater :D