Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

federal do 595 RSRs in a 265/35/R18 and a 285/30/R18, for £98 and £106 respectively off tyreleader, any of them good for you? i reckon you'd need 500+bhp to unstick a 285!

https://www.tyrelead...deral/595-rs-r/

though that said, i wouldnt run them as my daily tyre, i swap them on and off at the start and end of every trackday.

Edited by brillomaster

• 1 month later...

No new updates, but the car just ticked over 120k miles yesterday so I thought I'd give this thread a once over to see how far I've come in 17 months and 21k miles...

I want to try and keep this vaguely normal

I might put a BGW on it, just for sh*ts and giggles.

I very much doubt I'll change the wheels

As you can see, I'm clearly a man of my word. :lol:

• Like 1

No new updates, but the car just ticked over 120k miles yesterday so I thought I'd give this thread a once over to see how far I've come in 17 months and 21k miles...

I want to try and keep this vaguely normal

I might put a BGW on it, just for sh*ts and giggles.

I very much doubt I'll change the wheels

As you can see, I'm clearly a man of my word. :lol:

2999013.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those that don't know, the Bummer suffered a bit of an issue at the weekend. Drove for a couple of hours, fine. Moved car 10 mins down the road, fine. Blipped throttle a couple of times in a tunnel whilst static, heard a massive squeal like a slipping belt and it began pouring smoke out of the bonnet :scare: Thankfully my mate Mark was stood in front of the car at the time and told me to turn it off quick sharp.

Upon RAC inspection, couldn't find a damn thing wrong. All belts fine, all pulleys free. Drove home fine. Upon second inspection (i.e. it happened again later that evening) it looked like the A/C pulley was stalling a tad. Belt and compressor was smothered in oil. Took it to my local guys yesterday who had a look at it today.

A/C compressor is fine (thankfully, it's a £1K part) but the oil is coming from one of three places: The cam cover, the chain cover, or the oil pressure sensor. Given I had issues with the oil pressure sensor not a month ago, I know where my money is going. Going to drop the part off to them in the morning, they'll change it and see. If the oil disappears then great, if it still carries on p*ssing out of the covers then we're looking at a significantly larger bill.

Fingers crossed and all that. Funnily enough it was just before Le Mans last year that the car started chucking fluids everywhere, it's like it knows or something...

• Like 1

Funnily enough it was just before Le Mans last year that the car started chucking fluids everywhere, it's like it knows or something...

it always before an event that my car likes to come up with a new issue

Sames, makes you want to smash the thing to pieces :lol:

I think so.

Oil pressure sensor has been replaced, and the whole area cleaned up. Took her for a blat yesterday and I can't see any sign of oil anywhere in the engine bay, so I'm hoping that's cured it. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Confirmed, many blats later (somehow managed to go for a lovely 2 hour one last Sunday, got back at 8am and still had the whole day to waste) and there is no more oil splashing out anywhere. Hurray!

Although I now have squeaky brakes so I may have to treat myself to a pad upgrade. :D