Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up with this ! Page 22 !! Oh yes , its amazing what that wrap has done ! Completely transformed the look , love it ...... Other than the BGW ;)

Really want to get my m3 done in the same colour , looks like the m3 gts colour .

What was the cost dan , if you dont mind me asking ?

Just caught up with this ! Page 22 !! Oh yes , its amazing what that wrap has done ! Completely transformed the look , love it ...... Other than the BGW ;)

Really want to get my m3 done in the same colour , looks like the m3 gts colour .

What was the cost dan , if you dont mind me asking ?

Have a word with Sean at Monster wraps mate in Southampton. I reckon you will be looking around £1500 - £1700

• Like 1

Wow, I know you are in the plumbing business.......and sponsored by Dyno Rod now too :teeth:

To be fair it certainly makes a Beemer stand out in a crowd.....in a good way I have to say :thumbs:

And no doubt the wife is keeping quiet cos, she can see who will be doing the ironing from now on :D

I try to :blush:

Anyway, disaster averted, new expansion tank collected and fitted by 11am this morning. If it breaks now, at least it's not something I could easily foresee. Which does of course mean that I had time for a couple of quick pics, which whilst not exactly David Bailey, do give a fairly good idea of what the car is like now it's finished. Well, ish, but more on that later.

CarLM1.jpg

CarLM2.jpg

A bit different than last time, no? :D

Full wrap in 3M 1080 Gloss Burnt Orange

Dechrome of window surround and side strake in gloss black

Wing mirrors wrapped in gloss black

Maxton gloss black front lip spoiler

Japspeed BGW

Japan Racing JR18s, 18x8.5 ET25 front and 18x9.5 ET22 rear, spacers 18mm/10mm F/R

Tyre sizes now 245/45/18F and 275/40/18R, up from 245/45/18 all round

VAC E46 seat mount on driver side only

Sparco Sprint seat on driver side only

#TeamTarmac Tredwear tyre letters & sunstrip

Seats will eventually be Recaro Pole Position both sides, however they're on a 6 week lead time so I've only put one in for now just to make sure it would fit and I could defeat the airbag shizzle. Calipers will also be sprayed in either matching orange or silver, depending on how OTT the former will be. Again, I just ran out of time before LM.

Massive thanks to Chris at TarmacSportz (wheels), Grundy at TeamTarmac (tyre stickers), Valet Magic in Camberley (vinyl wrap & dechrome), Hack Engineering (seat mounts) and mostly my wife for pretending not to care about all the money I'm p*ssing up the wall on a 12 year old BMW :lol:

It took me sodding ages to choose that colour, I hadn't actually seen it in the flesh before choosing and in fact changed my mind just a few days before the car was due in for the wrap. I can't praise Robbie at Valet Magic enough, really good guy to deal with and a superb job he did too. I'm delighted with the end result, and it's certainly significantly easier to find in car parks now. ;)

that looks fantastic :D It's Alive!!!

quite a change but definitely worth it :drive1

I try to :blush:

Anyway, disaster averted, new expansion tank collected and fitted by 11am this morning. If it breaks now, at least it's not something I could easily foresee. Which does of course mean that I had time for a couple of quick pics, which whilst not exactly David Bailey, do give a fairly good idea of what the car is like now it's finished. Well, ish, but more on that later.

CarLM1.jpg

CarLM2.jpg

A bit different than last time, no? :D

Full wrap in 3M 1080 Gloss Burnt Orange

Dechrome of window surround and side strake in gloss black

Wing mirrors wrapped in gloss black

Maxton gloss black front lip spoiler

Japspeed BGW

Japan Racing JR18s, 18x8.5 ET25 front and 18x9.5 ET22 rear, spacers 18mm/10mm F/R

Tyre sizes now 245/45/18F and 275/40/18R, up from 245/45/18 all round

VAC E46 seat mount on driver side only

Sparco Sprint seat on driver side only

#TeamTarmac Tredwear tyre letters & sunstrip

Seats will eventually be Recaro Pole Position both sides, however they're on a 6 week lead time so I've only put one in for now just to make sure it would fit and I could defeat the airbag shizzle. Calipers will also be sprayed in either matching orange or silver, depending on how OTT the former will be. Again, I just ran out of time before LM.

Massive thanks to Chris at TarmacSportz (wheels), Grundy at TeamTarmac (tyre stickers), Valet Magic in Camberley (vinyl wrap & dechrome), Hack Engineering (seat mounts) and mostly my wife for pretending not to care about all the money I'm p*ssing up the wall on a 12 year old BMW :lol:

It took me sodding ages to choose that colour, I hadn't actually seen it in the flesh before choosing and in fact changed my mind just a few days before the car was due in for the wrap. I can't praise Robbie at Valet Magic enough, really good guy to deal with and a superb job he did too. I'm delighted with the end result, and it's certainly significantly easier to find in car parks now. ;)

that looks fantastic :D It's Alive!!!

quite a change but definitely worth it :drive1

• Like 1

Thanks guys :)

Total cost was IRO £2500, not entirely sure as I had the roof done separately aaaages ago. Still holding up very well, and we might well get the Impreza done too at some point. Not the same colour, mind!

• Like 1

Thanks guys :)

Total cost was IRO £2500, not entirely sure as I had the roof done separately aaaages ago. Still holding up very well, and we might well get the Impreza done too at some point. Not the same colour, mind!

And have you put some sort of protection on the wrap , wax/ceramic coating ?

• 1 month later...

Managed to get a spare day to fit the new seat in yesterday. A lot more faff than I was expecting, not helped by me fitting the sliders upside down first of all ( :blush: ) but a huge difference. Interestingly the Recaro Pole Position sits a lot deeper in the seat than the Sparco Sprint, so I wasn't raised up by as much as I thought I might be once I'd put the sliders on. It rubs against the centre console as I've got the seat belt buckle on the outside of the seat (it can go inside too, the seat is recessed there specifically) as I wanted to give Jo as much room for her lady hips as possible, but a small felt pad against the buckle prevents any damage to the console. Sooooooo comfy, yet I don't feel any less supported than I did with the Sparco. It really was worth every penny.

Some crap pics before and after:

sparcoseat.jpg

recaroseat.jpg

Sun is in totally the wrong place this morning for the Recaro pic, I'll get some better ones at some point. Looks and feels very OEM+ though, which is exactly what I was going for. Just need to save up for the other side now! :lol: