Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

Oo sorry man :(

But surely if it was getting a colour change this can't all be bad , as it will all need spraying anyway ? Or are you wrapping ?

It's more the damage to the substructure I'm worried about, but I guess it would've been worse if this had happened after.

On the bright side at least you fixed that washer jet first. :lol:

Small mercies and all :D

Thanks chaps :)

Been to my local indie today and they think it might be okay, fortunately they're also on the Sky Insurance approved repairer list so I know it'll be in good hands. Speaking of Sky, aside from long wait times on the phone (it's a weekend, I can forgive that) they've been excellent so far in starting this process.

• 2 weeks later...

So today I bought some parts for the car, which is one step closer to getting it back on the road.

However, I bought parts for the wrong end: New bootlid specifically so I can run a BGW and not wreck the original! :lol: Never let it be said that I do things the right way round. Car is still sat on the driveway, insurance going nowhere fast, tbh I might just get it repaired and take the other guy to court myself.

• Like 1

Romanian lorry drivers should learn to use their mirrors in petrol stations. It might help them avoid driving into the front of my f*cking car.

To say I'm slightly miffed is an understatement. Turns out though that, when sufficiently irritated, I have no problem mouthing off at two random foreign blokes despite them both being a fair bit bigger than me :lol:

Oh, it's not funny really. I'm quite irritated, especially since I'd just booked the car in yesterday for a colour change. That goes out of the window now. :( Plenty of front end damage, going to get drunk now and look again in the morning.

so basically .......... you drove into the back of them and they are now going to claim whiplash off you ? :stir:

Still no pics I can upload, but I promise it's not an April Fool. Wish it was, mind.

Time to take the car to RTP to test their services for a properly informed opinion! :lol: Sorry Dan, couldn't resist! :D

He's tried but he's crap at writing specific subject titles so he can't book it in. ;)

Car is now at the garage awaiting repairs, looks like it's coming out of my pocket. Sucks. :(

Anyways though, onwards and upwards! I've been out today to GSM Motorsport near Nottingham to test out about 60 odd seats with the other half, to find something we can both fit comfortably into. Fortunately it seems that my preferred choice actually works for both of us, so as soon as I have a date on the car coming back I'm going to be ordering a pair of Recaro Pole Positions with leather outer and suede inner for the car. Comfy times! :D

I've also started making tentative enquiries into the V10 swap. It's either going to be an absolute PITA (which means the SC route will be easier) or incredibly straight forward (which means it could be a serious goer).

• Like 1

I have this currently with the lorry that hit me; still on going. my insurers are now taking him to court but i've still had to pay out of my own pocket. infuriates me as insurance is there for a reason and it pee's me off when it doesnt work how it should.

i was stopped and they drove into the side of me. there claims went from "they were never there" to "we never made contact" even though my pictures show the truck on my side of the road.

I have come to the conclusion most lorry drivers are twunts!

CCTV was aiming the wrong way, and zero witnesses as it's not a popular station. One of those things, I'm not really that bothered any more, I shall make a more positive use of my energy rather than waste is on a blind lorry driver :)

• Like 1