What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Today I fitted:

1) Carbon bodied bonnet dampers.

2) Carbon wrapped engine cover

and the most important item...

a "Tuned by Abbey Motorosport" graphic on the engine cover (to celebrate last week's Miltek exhaust and UpRev work done by Abbey.

Previously fitted - i) stubby, ii) carbon effect Nismo door pillar covers, iii) cargo net, iv) plush boot carpet, v) rear parking sensors, vi )TomTom unit fitted to look OEM in dash cubby (Abbey's work again), viii) vertical tonneau (made by a club member), iix) horizontal tonneau, ix) rear parking sensors.

On list:

i) clear reflectors on front bumper (have those, need some warmer weather to fit), ii) refurb my Rays, iii) Michelin PSS, iv) Berk HFC (hmmm wondering about those...), v) carbon wrap interior, vi) carbon cooling plate, viii) rear diffuser... goodness ... didnt realise I had so much to do... Hope Santa is listening...

David

not sure about the position of the sticker. Ive got one too and have had it for about 3months, still not sure where to put it.

Maybe behind driver side window (the small one)

+1 Small window behind driver/passenger.... perfect fit. Use to have mine their until I got my windows tinted, now I have non :thumbdown:

• 4 weeks later...

The reverse light is amazing in LED form. Fog light is not too bad but not as good as reverse.

These are what i bought, i think the projector lens really helps. The same bulb fits both the reverse and Fog l;ight and you can just about get to them if you remove the rear light clusters. Saves removing the bumper.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121034266452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

rodgeevans: I need to respray my handles, just unsure at the mo whether to go black on black as well. You should remove the rear wiper, and coat the glass with some Gtechniq (like rainx but lasts for 3 years !) :D

i will look into that, when the weather improves i will take some better photos for you see if it helps make your mind up

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Braved the cold yesterday and fitted my new HKS grounding kit :thumbs:

Then decided to change sidelights for white LED canbus type and 8000k xenon bulbs, done the full wheel off, arch liner out etc as I nearly destroyed my hands last time, ended up taking nearly all afternoon! :rant:

post-16529-0-25224500-1360578084_thumb.jpg

Hmm do all these mods warrant a "Member Build" thread or shall I just bore everyone by posting here instead... :blush:

Car (an 06 DE facelift) acquired September 2012.

Mods to date;

1) Stubby aerial

2) B pillar carbon effect (Nismo) garnishes

3) Miltek exhaust

4) Berks HFCs

5) HKS air filter

6) Uprev remap

7) Fitted widescreen TomTom in upper cubby (near OEM look)

8) Painted rear strut cover (used Plastidip)

9) Carbon wrapped engine cover (hmmm - see below)

10) Carbon effect bonnet hydraulic struts (and removal of bonnet stay)

11) Rear parking sensors

12) Cargo net in boot

13) Rear upper tonneau shelf/shield

14) Boot divider under rear strut brace

15) Thicker/luxury rear boot carpet

16) Handbrake leather gaiter

[Yikes - it's only when you sit and ponder for a few moments that you realise how all these little bits and pieces add up to what is clearly severe "Zeditis".]

David - :D

Edited by Tinyflier
  • Like 1

Well same boat as most as the weather is seriously hampering getting my mods onto my car. So decided to just go and get the car booked in at my trusted local indi garage to do the work plus using the ramps will make work so much easier! Anyway my replacement forum decals turned up today and managed to get those done... It's sort of a mod :-p

post-15072-13606005114_thumb.jpg