What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Look pretty good Chris as I got the smoked ones and they suit a black car, also I had black normal rear

lights on it and I had to fit reflectors to the number plate which looked naff, with these the reflectors are built in.

and LEDs are safer for Winter driving. Not difficult to fit, found that a 10p makes a perfect blank for the indicator

bulb socket as you don't need that on the Zed, the rest is just plug in, need to file a small section of the fitting holes

to align up perfectly, about 1 hour to do both.

Do the wee dust caps fit back on, on your set? Mine didn't.

Hi Kyle. If your asking about the plastic cover over the nuts, then yes and no..out of the 6, 4 fitted OK and 2 I had to use a small bit of superglue,

I could have spent another hour and filed them to fit, but time was pressing. I'm pleased with the result, look good at night as well.

What did you use to blank off the indicator bulb holder ?. I found that a 10p fits it perfectly held in place with superglue. :thumbs:

My holes were already blanked off with a perfectly fitting piece of round tape. You're caps seem similar to mine, only bothered squeezing the 4 in

Look pretty good Chris as I got the smoked ones and they suit a black car, also I had black normal rear

lights on it and I had to fit reflectors to the number plate which looked naff, with these the reflectors are built in.

and LEDs are safer for Winter driving. Not difficult to fit, found that a 10p makes a perfect blank for the indicator

bulb socket as you don't need that on the Zed, the rest is just plug in, need to file a small section of the fitting holes

to align up perfectly, about 1 hour to do both.

Do the wee dust caps fit back on, on your set? Mine didn't.

Hi Kyle. If your asking about the plastic cover over the nuts, then yes and no..out of the 6, 4 fitted OK and 2 I had to use a small bit of superglue,

I could have spent another hour and filed them to fit, but time was pressing. I'm pleased with the result, look good at night as well.

What did you use to blank off the indicator bulb holder ?. I found that a 10p fits it perfectly held in place with superglue. :thumbs:

My holes were already blanked off with a perfectly fitting piece of round tape. You're caps seem similar to mine, only bothered squeezing the 4 in

Yes mine also had a piece of white tape over them, but I wouldn't rely on that been waterproof especially in Winter. so I sealed them properly.

post-18921-0-23029200-1376083038_thumb.jpgwell here we go for the after shot mk2 lol. 4d carbon laminate looks much better and more to the nismo knob me thinks. check out the before, after and now after 2 lol.

post-18921-0-16951000-1376083428_thumb.jpg

post-18921-0-51796400-1376083486_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickdon
  • Like 2

post-18921-0-23029200-1376083038_thumb.jpgwell here we go for the after shot mk2 lol. 4d carbon laminate looks much better and more to the nismo knob me thinks. check out the before, after and now after 2 lol.

The 4D looks much superior, thanks for the comparison photos. Are they the same manufacturer?

no the first carbon laminate was the 3m stuff, but looks too matt so I had it clear lacquered slightly but it does not quite come out right so that's why I used the 4D which I just bought a metre sample off ebay to see how it looked. I think I will order 3 or 4 more metre so I can do more of the interior trim bits.

Got my first ever personal plate today, a little bit excited. Thought it would be a nice 15 minute job, but it turns out the "professional" who fitted the last one missed the school class on symmetry, so I had to faff about measuring not just marking and drilling. Anywho, got there in the end. Quite pleased, I think it takes years off the car to the untrained eye.

IMG_2398-Version2_zpsbd1b9c7c.jpg

Measure it thrice and it'll look, errr, ok.

After painting yesterday I got the centre console back in and I'm pretty pleased with the result! Now that I've had my first taste of spraying it I can definitely see this becoming a theme with me. I could argue with the missus that it is not too dissimilar to her getting her nails done once a month.

The colour is BMW Sparkling Graphite and was probably the closest match to the wheels that I could get out of a Halfrauds rattle can.

post-19371-137647844399_thumb.jpg

Also be prepared for another if I get a certain item back from the welder this afternoon.

• Like 1

Off with the old on with the errr almost new. Thanks to chriswatson99 :thumbs:

image-9.jpg

image-5.jpg

Big improvement over standard gear knob. Didn't think it would improve the feel of changing gear quite as much as it has.

Edited by Bems
  • Like 2

Ripped out the Cobra cat back system amd installee the Amuse R1 Titanium exhaust and Motordyne Resonated XYZ pipe......finally!

post-19371-137658352251_thumb.jpg

post-19371-13765835364_thumb.jpg

The noise this combination creates is just unbelievable Jeff!

Next month....

JWT Pop charger and a plenum spacer hopefully!

Ripped out the Cobra cat back system amd installee the Amuse R1 Titanium exhaust and Motordyne Resonated XYZ pipe......finally!

Next month....

How is the droning on this now Phil.......Has it gone totally, or just less ???

Next month....

Next your up in Aberdeen with the car let us know. I want to hear it :):thumbs:

Next month....

How is the droning on this now Phil.......Has it gone totally, or just less ???

No drone at all, just plenty more turned heads!

Next month....

Next your up in Aberdeen with the car let us know. I want to hear it :):thumbs:

I'll let you guys know!

After painting yesterday I got the centre console back in and I'm pretty pleased with the result! Now that I've had my first taste of spraying it I can definitely see this becoming a theme with me. I could argue with the missus that it is not too dissimilar to her getting her nails done once a month.

The colour is BMW Sparkling Graphite and was probably the closest match to the wheels that I could get out of a Halfrauds rattle can.

Also be prepared for another if I get a certain item back from the welder this afternoon.

Nice finish and I like the colour.......Did you sand the units down to a flat smooth surface, or have you left it with the bobbled surface ?

Graeme

Nice finish and I like the colour.......Did you sand the units down to a flat smooth surface, or have you left it with the bobbled surface ?

Graeme

I sanded it down flat, the colour is nice but I may change it again in the next couple of months. May go lighter!

So this beauty arrived yesterday....

uploadfromtaptalk1377261376497.jpg

.....and was fitted by the missus this morning!

bu8adyru.jpg

Just gotta wait a week to see how good this knob feels! :o

Nice knob. Did she handle it for you to make up for the wheels?

So this beauty arrived yesterday....

post-19371-137726137388_thumb.jpg

.....and was fitted by the missus this morning!

bu8adyru.jpg

Just gotta wait a week to see how good this knob feels! :o

Nice knob. Did she handle it for you to make up for the wheels?

Ha! Nah she's taking the car to TWS on Saturday to make up for the wheels. The knob fittage was just her following orders.... ;)