What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

I did the velocity stack mod and added an HKS filter as supplied by Alex.

RDX stubby aerial.

Added Redline Styling carbon intake pipe.

Ripped out Bluetooth adapter from centre console.

To do:

Carbon slam panel

Wasso's plenum spacer

Fit mobile phone holder

Mount power adapters for phones and devices neatly.

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 1

I sorned mine for the winter... does that count shrug.gif

But its still autumn... cold.gif

Have you been in scotland recently lol.gif Its defo winter cold.gif Need a boat.gif to go down the motorway.

Yeah but the work has to start on her. Carbon boot, doors wings, spoiler, front under spoiler, then full aerodynamics setup for next years track season

@.@ Niiice il take a trip up to the scottish meets just to see it when its done!

Sorry just realised that was 2012!?

Edited by SkylineV35

Bumper looks awesome :thumbs:

If have one but I don't think it's have the same affect in black...

You could have the black bit on the bumper in white? That'd be well Jackson.

I considered orange highlights, but then I'd need orange on the skirts, diffuser etc :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

So this weekend has been taken up by fitting HKS Hipermax RS Coilovers and a new sound system.

The coilovers were a doddle until the rear driver's side shock bush decided it was rusted solid around the bolt. We had to chew it up to the point where the rubber came free of the outer sleeve. The next task was to try to get the bolt free from the bush......5 tonnes of pressure on a press couldn't budge it so we had to cut it into 2 halves.

As this happened at 8pm on Sunday we just had to put the 2 halves back in and replace the knackered bolt with an M12 and nut.

We spent a good 8 hours in total on the job but the last shock took us around 4 hours to complete.

So moving onto the sound system, I went for a Pioneer double din head unit with Parrot bluetooth, Rainbow components, Hertz HX250 sub and a Hertz HE 800w 4ch amp.

As I couldn't be bothered with the fanny on with running cables through the conduit to the door speakers I decided to mount my woofers where the rears belong, the tweeters are in the obvious place on the dash and the sub is sat on the "parcel shelf" with the amp behind it.

Overall I am extemely pleased with the sound quality, Rainbow make some of the best speakers out there and the sub was in my competition winning Focus ST from way back whensday.

I'll upload some photos of everything when I get home....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good plan 350zPabs. ;)

@Crb ~ Red cooling panel looks great.

Just noticed though that you've got the Stillen induction kit on your Zed. How do you find it? Does it give a nice induction noise then? Was it a good fit?

It's the one I thought looked best so was thinking of getting one from Tarmac Sportz in the new year sometime you see. Thanks for any answers. :thumbs:

Good plan 350zPabs. ;)

@Crb ~ Red cooling panel looks great.

Just noticed though that you've got the Stillen induction kit on your Zed. How do you find it? Does it give a nice induction noise then? Was it a good fit?

It's the one I thought looked best so was thinking of getting one from Tarmac Sportz in the new year sometime you see. Thanks for any answers. :thumbs:

I actually bought the car with it already on so couldn't tell you how it is to fit. I love the sound it makes but I'm not sure it's the loudest if I'm totally honest

I actually bought the car with it already on so couldn't tell you how it is to fit. I love the sound it makes but I'm not sure it's the loudest if I'm totally honest

Ok thanks for the reply Crb.

I'm not necessarily looking for the loudest intake more just something in between the standard air box & an open cone filter with no heat soak protection.

I'm hoping if I did get one that it won't lose me too much power over the standard air box/upgrade panel filter that I have now but will give me a bit more "roar" shall we say when I put my foot down. :D;)

Ok thanks for the reply Crb.

I'm not necessarily looking for the loudest intake more just something in between the standard air box & an open cone filter with no heat soak protection.

I'm hoping if I did get one that it won't lose me too much power over the standard air box/upgrade panel filter that I have now but will give me a bit more "roar" shall we say when I put my foot down. :D;)

If it helps, I have one of those metal cone air filter things with no baffles to prevent heat soak, it really makes no difference. Car has never stalled or hesitated even when sat in traffic in the middle of summer. Im sure the dyno would show a BHP drop of 2-5 at max, but the most important measurement (the bum dyno, and the smile on my face) says all is well.