What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

I looked at getting a smaller plate for the front but either end behind the plate holder were two small holes. Did yours have these? Or just the bigger sets of holes further in.

Looks good either way :)

Yeah there were 4 holes in total...2 of which were the screw holes and the other 2 were probably slightly larger than a golf ball, with polystyrene behind them.

Wish I'd taken a picture now!

However, the 3/4 plate covers these without a problem as you can see :)

Thanks mate!

I'll need a new front plate for my mot so will need to remove the plinth and check the paint under its ok to do this, looks much better :thumbs:

Not sure the 3/4 plates are legal, so might be worth getting a cheap standard plate until after your MOT, unless you know the tester of course ;)

The block had marked my paint slightly along the top, but luckily I could cover this up with the new plate so you may be alright :)

ytahasud.jpg

Cheeky little mod, 3/4 plate fitted :)

£17 from fancy plates.

I think it looks a lot smoother and smarter without the big ugly block on the front of it!

Very happy with it :) Here's a before and after...

y7uqu5un.jpg

Ordered front and back plates last night!

• Like 1

Are 3/4 plates legal?

Don't think so, but they look nice. I think the cops have got to be having a ridiculously boring day to pull you for having them.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

I've found that 3/4 plates are the type of illegal for when you've p*d off the police officer and they're wanting to really inconvenience you. I ran a 3/4 plate for a good year or so and got pulled for speeding with it on and didn't get anything.

It depends mostly on 2 things, your attitude and your attitude towards any of the police you meet.

Are 3/4 plates legal?

Don't think so, but they look nice. I think the cops have got to be having a ridiculously boring day to pull you for having them.

I've found that 3/4 plates are the type of illegal for when you've p*d off the police officer and they're wanting to really inconvenience you. I ran a 3/4 plate for a good year or so and got pulled for speeding with it on and didn't get anything.

It depends mostly on 2 things, your attitude and your attitude towards any of the police you meet.

Yeah my thoughts exactly!

I had a 3/4 plate on my S2000 for about 5 years, not once pulled by it.

It was actually installed by a MOT station after the original plate got cracked, damp and dirty.

It failed and the MOT station fitted a 3/4 plate for me.

when I questioned them about it they said that it's fine, thats the smallest plate you can have that is still legal.

However, I'm led to believe that it's only allowed on cars registerd before 2006, or something very similar. After that theyadjusted the rules for short sighted Police.

Bedfords.jpg

Today I did one thing, and learned an important lesson.

I took the hamburger off the back of my car...

... and put it straight back on when I saw the two holes it leaves behind.

Today's lesson: always research before doing, no matter how simple!

Should've bought a roadster ... no holes at back !

Most recent mods...Eibach springs and 20/25mm spacers :teeth:

How it sits after 1 week

ravutude.jpg

Loving it! So much lower and wider, it should have come out of the factory like this! I can't stop looking at it when I walk away ðŸ˜

However, it has resulted in a fair bit of negative camber, especially on the back. So next on the list is a visit to A-Line in Dudley to dial that out (and maybe some camber bolts/arms)