What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

I think it must have something to do with the cloth seats having airbags in and the leather seats not having the same plugs underneath.

Do it nice or do it twice!

If the leather you bought was from an import, then they might have to airbags in them, in which case you'll have to place a resistor in the cars loom to make it think it's connected to the seat. If they 100% have airbags, and the connectors are different (never heard of this) then just chop off the connectors and solder the loom to the seat. The airbag reset won't work if it's not connected.

My car is an UK model with airbags in the seats but the electric leathers don't seem to have the markings to suggest airbags. Basically the plugs that provide power to the seats are there but I'm thinking that the white plug has something to do with the airbag. I'll soldier on and figure something out.

Do it nice or do it twice!

• 3 weeks later...

My utterly pointless first mod that will last a week before they're all nicked. Zed dustcaps

.n0ShtdK.jpg

Well these didn't last long. All 4 pinched from a Sainsbury's car park at the weekend. :angry:

Seriously?! All 4 in one go!?

My utterly pointless first mod that will last a week before they're all nicked. Zed dustcaps

.n0ShtdK.jpg

Well these didn't last long. All 4 pinched from a Sainsbury's car park at the weekend. :angry:

May be worth getting the different types (2i know of)

1- they need a real small allan key to loosen the nut ready to remove

2- its got safety clip like your special wheel nut for alloys

This is the reason i dont buy dust caps. Because i know what i was like when i was 10 with my mountain bike :p

Yep all 4 in one go and I was only in the store for 30 mins (any longer and you have to pay to shop in Lancaster). Probably kids but I've learned my lesson, I'll invest my £4 in a keyring next time :lol:

For 4pound, go to maplin and get some wires, tie them round your dustcaps and connect it to your battery when your in the shops :D

• Like 1

gear knob and surround mod! carbon wrap was matt so did not quite go so lightly clear lacquered it to try and give it a gloss finish but did not quite meet my expectations so will remove and try and get the 3d glossy carbon film next from some where!!!! so here is a before and after shot.

post-18921-0-05958300-1375480211_thumb.jpg

post-18921-0-51959700-1375480216_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickdon

20130802_191108_zps3733e2db.jpg

Started getting the car ready for the painters.

First off wanted to remove the spoiler to see what mess was underneath and tidy it up.

Well it was a mess thats for sure but managed to sort it all out fill the holes and a couple of small dents and give it a layer of paint to protect it till it goes to the painters.

Then fitted the 370z side indicator smoothed the old holes and a layer of paint again ready for the painters.

20130803_174750-1_zps564a699e.jpg

Just a couple more bits to sort then off to be painted.

Today I got bored of waiting for my tax disc to arrive and just put my new private plate on anyway. Took that god awful front number plate mounting off, launched it over a hedge and then gave her a good wax :D

image_zpsff3df2d4.jpg

image_zps5e0715a3.jpg

Look pretty good Chris as I got the smoked ones and they suit a black car, also I had black normal rear

lights on it and I had to fit reflectors to the number plate which looked naff, with these the reflectors are built in.

and LEDs are safer for Winter driving. Not difficult to fit, found that a 10p makes a perfect blank for the indicator

bulb socket as you don't need that on the Zed, the rest is just plug in, need to file a small section of the fitting holes

to align up perfectly, about 1 hour to do both.

Edited by WhackyWill

Look pretty good Chris as I got the smoked ones and they suit a black car, also I had black normal rear

lights on it and I had to fit reflectors to the number plate which looked naff, with these the reflectors are built in.

and LEDs are safer for Winter driving. Not difficult to fit, found that a 10p makes a perfect blank for the indicator

bulb socket as you don't need that on the Zed, the rest is just plug in, need to file a small section of the fitting holes

Do the wee dust caps fit back on, on your set? Mine didn't.

Do the wee dust caps fit back on, on your set? Mine didn't.

Hi Kyle. If your asking about the plastic cover over the nuts, then yes and no..out of the 6, 4 fitted OK and 2 I had to use a small bit of superglue,

I could have spent another hour and filed them to fit, but time was pressing. I'm pleased with the result, look good at night as well.

What did you use to blank off the indicator bulb holder ?. I found that a 10p fits it perfectly held in place with superglue. :thumbs: