Not the pictures or story I was hoping to be posting........

shire350Z

Been a long time since iv posted or even been on the forum so it's good to be back! Was just hoping it was going to be in better circumstances with different pictures!

For one reason and another my zeds done less than a 1000 miles the last year and been sat outside not feeling very loved. Now iv moved and it's got a lovely double garage to itself I gave it a really good clean Friday night and decided to head into the peak Saturday to give her a run out with a mate of mine in his motor! Had its MOT the day before and all fluids were checked and fine.

So we'd been out for around a hour then all of a sudden there was what can only be described as a 'knocking noise' coming from the engine pulled up around 100yards later where safe but from looking at the engine nothing looked out of place. Managed to limp another 100yards to a pub car park where I had to wait for the recovery truck which was a big challenge just getting the zed on with how low she is and lack of front towing eye.

Garage have looked at it this morning and believe its the crankshaft and bearings but until the engines out and stripped down they don't fully know!

So was hoping to bring you some great shots in the peak and all I got was the zed on the truck! Gutted to say the least!!!! Just hope it's nothing to major and can be repaired.

Will know more later in the week when the engines out ........

C408A6AA-C3C6-4E89-ADCB-7153772269F2.jpg

EA1FF0D0-DD54-41E5-8062-B7CCB49F930C_2.jpg

98A4E1EB-B71A-49C6-BB17-181CCC92F793.jpg

Oh dear, never nice hearing this type of thing especially when the car looks fantastic otherwise.

If the big ends gone though & you can stomach the costs it could be a good time for some forged pistons etc or maybe even a Brian Crower stroker kit. B)

Good luck with it & hope it's not too bad. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Sorry dude ...... Time to forge possibly ?

Can't see that happening buddy :lol: just want to get it back right and enjoy it again! Don't want to go sinking a fortune into it, if I could have got decent money a while ago id have probably sold it but for what it's worth now I'll probably just keep it for good will be a rare beast in 30 years time.......

• Like 1

Long time no see stranger!

Sorry to hear this :(

Let me know what the garage says and PM me with a list of parts required to get this beauty back on the road soon!

Shows how long iv been gone, didn't even know you were a trader Adrian. Not sure if the parts can 'repaired' or wether it has to be all new bloody hope not!

If it's new crank, bearings, gaskets, you're looking at over £1k for parts alone unfortunately. Now, finding a crank available it's a proper adventure, they are very rarely in stock, takes forever to arrive from Japan.

I'll ask Nissan now, just to have it ready in case you need it.

Adrian

• Like 1