Oh dear

glrnet

It seems to me like some people are just looking for any excuse to be offended these days. It's getting tedious.

Also the notion of being offended by a number plate (not even a private or transferred one at that) justifying throwing rocks at other cars and even people is just stupid.

• Like 1

That's the most tedious of links to the Falklands. That's like driving a car through Brixton with a number plate that finishes in NGR.

Or Americans driving a US top gear car with a plate that referenced the winning of the war of independence.

People need to grow a back bone and stop wetting their pants over such tedium.

I'm guessing you mean "tenuous" of links, but I'm inclined to agree anyway. There are few 'celebrities' I like less than Clarkson and his two idiot sidekicks but even I can't get bothered by this. The Argentinian regime invaded the Falklands to detract attention from their problems at home and boost their own popularity. Some would say Thatcher's response was similarly motivated. Either way, it backfired on them because it's now just another part of their history to be ashamed of. Good people died on both sides and I'm afraid the Argentinians have got nobody to blame for that than themselves.

Edited by sipar69

My 2 cents

I remember looking forward to seeing new episodes of Top Gear back when it was about cars and car relatedness but now it's just seems to be Jeremy & co acting out & pi$$ing off as many people as possible just to get either a cheap laugh or some adverse publicity

What happened? Come on bbc sort it out

Meh Still 10000% better than fifth gear, People moan its not about cars anymore etc, but to be really honest i would rather see 3 guys doing some stupid stuff in cars then listen to the monotone likes of chris harris or another of the other online podcasters tell me what the 0-60 and top speed of the new m3 is, if i wanna know that stuff, i can look it up on line in less time than them videos anyway.

it does seem everything was fine over there till UK press started posting hey look his plate has FKL in it then in a few days of it being shared on social media that the people of Argentina got upset if they haddnt of had it handed to them by social media i doubt there would be any uproar,

Edited by StevoD

My 2 cents

I remember looking forward to seeing new episodes of Top Gear back when it was about cars and car relatedness but now it's just seems to be Jeremy & co acting out & pi$$ing off as many people as possible just to get either a cheap laugh or some adverse publicity

What happened? Come on bbc sort it out

Why would the beeb want to sort it out, the ratings are huge?

Meh Still 10000% better than fifth gear, People moan its not about cars anymore etc, but to be really honest i would rather see 3 guys doing some stupid stuff in cars then listen to the monotone likes of chris harris or another of the other online podcasters tell me what the 0-60 and top speed of the new m3 is, if i wanna know that stuff, i can look it up on line in less time than them videos anyway

I struggle to comprehend the argument that top gear is not about cars any more, as above, there is always 5th gear if you want to watch a programme about cars, i dont watch 5th gear for similar reasons to Stevo, i dont moan 5th gear should be more entertaining (respectively) like TG, i just dont watch it and if 5th gear had tg's viewer ratings they would be made up, TG does entertainment, 5th gear does cars, its a win win isnt?

• Like 2