Oh dear

glrnet

My 2 cents

I remember looking forward to seeing new episodes of Top Gear back when it was about cars and car relatedness but now it's just seems to be Jeremy & co acting out & pi$$ing off as many people as possible just to get either a cheap laugh or some adverse publicity

What happened? Come on bbc sort it out

What happened is that the BBC now sell the rights for TG all over the world and it brings in a fortune, unfortunately it seems it had to become what it is now to achieve those revenues.

My 2 cents

I remember looking forward to seeing new episodes of Top Gear back when it was about cars and car relatedness but now it's just seems to be Jeremy & co acting out & pi$$ing off as many people as possible just to get either a cheap laugh or some adverse publicity

What happened is that the BBC now sell the rights for TG all over the world and it brings in a fortune, unfortunately it seems it had to become what it is now to achieve those revenues.

Fairplay, bbc like any business is driven by profit and if the majority like/view the new format and fortunes are being made then there you go but I'll stick with my minority opinion :sorry: I just don't like it as much, I preferred the older format

• Like 1

My 2 cents

Fairplay, bbc like any business is driven by profit and if the majority like/view the new format and fortunes are being made then there you go but I'll stick with my minority opinion :sorry: I just don't like it as much, I preferred the older format

i still watch it sometimes but i preferred it when it was naturally funny not staged as it is now
  • Like 1

i still watch it sometimes but i preferred it when it was naturally funny not staged as it is now

Yep same here and I preferred it when Vicky Butler Henderson used to be on it.

Will always remember the one when Clarkson & Henderson had a race after building two cars from ones they had bought. He bought a Rover SD1 V8 which was tuned up by a company and she bought a Nova which another company dropped a 2L engine into it for her.

Such cool end results and none of this bullsh*t TopGear do nowadays with half a**ed challenges. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

Surely they wouldn't do this on purpose? Especially if it disrespects their hosts?

I would be more inclined to say logically, i cant believe JC had the time, luck and good fortune to find a car for sale that he wanted, that just "happened" to have a numberplate that could be remotely read into something offensive for the country he was visiting or alternatively he was lucky enough to spot a plate in the 100000's of cars for sale that again could be vaguely similar to something offensive.

I dont think he is that lucky or that intelligent, look at the plate and come to the 82 falklands thing without the prompting, not a chance imho, I wouldnt have even known what year it took place.

If anyone thinks JC had anything to do with the purchase of the car, I suspect you'd be mistaken. That kind of stuff would be sorted out by low paid researchers well before the act. The presenters would discuss with the producers what cars they want, the producers tell the researchers who go off and find the cars, then the presenters are given a small selection that have been pre-selected to the budget and then the car is bought.

No way was this done on purpose, unless after the car was bought someone clicked with the reg and they moved the filming to Argentina. Some bright spark in the press office then leaked the details to the media, and all hell breaks loose.

Edited by Ekona

If anyone thinks JC had anything to do with the purchase of the car, I suspect you'd be mistaken. That kind of stuff would be sorted out by low paid researchers well before the act. The presenters would discuss with the producers what cars they want, the producers tell the researchers who go off and find the cars, then the presenters are given a small selection that have been pre-selected to the budget and then the car is bought.

No way was this done on purpose, unless after the car was bought someone clicked with the reg and they moved the filming to Argentina. Some bright spark in the press office then leaked the details to the media, and all hell breaks loose.

I say JC because he is the one coping the flack and your valid point is probably another good reason not to burn him at the stake ;)

Apparently they're in trouble even further now, after the Argie police found 'BE11 END' plates in the boot of the Porker. :clap::doh:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/jeremy-clarkson-police-consider-even-more-offensive-number-plate-found-in-top-gear-car-another-insult-to-the-people-of-argentina-9782685.html

That is definatley Jeremy Clarksons personal plate for sure :)