Astra VXR surprised the hell out of my!!

Easty

Apart from the obviously daft posts about his wang, I can't see a single post here by Dave where he's done anything other than state his opinion, which also happens to be common sense.

That's not trolling. That's being a decent forum contributor.

Yawn.

Old ekona was better.

Think the point was that everyone from the 350z forum is very realistic about the Zed's and know exactly what they are!!

And people with VXR's just think there the best thing in the world and can brake land speed records and would do the NürburgRing in 1.23minutes Flat!!!!!!

Haha

• 2 weeks later...

So just nipped into Aldi and some old gent says to me as I walk in "is that your Nissan ?" I reply "the white one ?" to which he says "the nice sporty one that looks like it goes like....."

Now that`s where the Z beats a hot hatch every time for me. Bet he never asked anyone if that was their Astra !

• Like 2

Having cast a glancing eye at some mk1 RS Focus's I remember seeing mountune, think its the equivalent of an Abbey map tune or the like.

Revo is the equivalent of an abbey tune, my brother has a mk2 Rs focus running 440 bhp, it's a great car, pops and and bangs like a rally car

As has been said take one out..

I'm sure the Vxr is a great car but unlike ford they don't seem to have mastered the front lsd and like most vauxhalls when pushed hard into a corner it wants to go straight, love the look of them but how it will it look in 10 yrs time, not as good as a 10yr old 350z does now is my guess

Normally this forum is pretty unbiased and likes 'cars' of most descriptions

The best car is the car that suits YOU and you're needs, not the car someone else tells you is best

I remember the days when the VXR and Focus ST's started to meet the performance of my then tuned JDM Import WRX, which had 300 ft/lb @ 1.2bar.

I wouldn't get into it with them then, and I definitely wouldn't get into it with them in a zed. The zed, as much as I love mine, is not that quick a car. That said, like the WRX, it's cheap, and unlike the VXR and Focus, is RWD, and it also looks nice (if that's important to you). Nice® if its kitted, but watch adding extra weight.

If you want a great, cheap performance mod, you can't go wrong with the £120 D1 Spec throttle controller. 9 increasingly aggressive throttle response settings, that unlike a remap (meh to remapping a zed), you will notice. big time. And before the remapper brigade jump on me, I'll say it again "£120".

Wow. That is some shopping list right there. Twice as long as your post! :p

All those mods and he misses out the important UpRev.

Cyberfella you mention £120 a lot....the Uprev is £400 but you save £200 a year on fuel! Gained an extra 2mpg on average on mine.

So its a free mod over 2 years. So take your £120 and....

Miley-Cyrus-Smoking-Weed.jpg

:lol:

Edited by 350Ad
  • Like 2