Astra VXR surprised the hell out of my!!

Easty

Just for reference, SMD loves 350z's and given what I know would never take an Astra in its place ;) he is also a sarcastic sod which is part of what endears most of us to him!

I have been on quite a few car forums now, but I keep coming back here, why? Partly because there are enough guys on here to be impartial because they truely loved the zed they owned but have moved on and experienced many other cars. I think its a credit to this site that we can be more objective about other cars...just nip over to an Astra forum and see them ranting on about how their 1.7 diesel which has been remapped now has 'superb' performance and can beat anything on the road, and EVERYONE agreeing with them. I don't think I would want to be a part of that.

:winkiss:

If anybody could be bothered to read they would have seen my comments earlier, I HAD to sell my Zed For health reasons, needed an Auto and something more comfortable otherwise I would have driven my Zed till it fell apart, probably somewhere on the A14 just outside Chirk :lol:

Trying to persuade Mary to get a 370z, she wants a Z4 and despite my complete feeling of 'meh' for the 370 I would rather have one of those than a Z4 in a heartbeat..... but only because she can't afford a Cayman :(

Sent from the golf club...

But don't boring old Cayman's come in a huge range of prices?

I think your looking at it from the wrong angle, you just BEAT yes that's right you won, against a 30k brand new hot hatch.

You achieved that with an overweight 10 year old Nissan.

If it's really that upsetting think how upset you would be if a lined up next to a shitty 20+ year old Sierra, and shortly after you had had your arse handed to you noticed it had cosworth on the back of it.

There will always be something faster, there will always be something that handles better. Just be thankful you didn't pay £30-50k to still have that problem.

When I get passed by a superior car I use my spare left hand to check downstairs and remember that I am well endowed and therefore it doesn't really matter that I don't have the best car in the world :lol:

Just for reference, SMD loves 350z's and given what I know would never take an Astra in its place ;) he is also a sarcastic sod which is part of what endears most of us to him!

I have been on quite a few car forums now, but I keep coming back here, why? Partly because there are enough guys on here to be impartial because they truely loved the zed they owned but have moved on and experienced many other cars. I think its a credit to this site that we can be more objective about other cars...just nip over to an Astra forum and see them ranting on about how their 1.7 diesel which has been remapped now has 'superb' performance and can beat anything on the road, and EVERYONE agreeing with them. I don't think I would want to be a part of that.

:winkiss:

If anybody could be bothered to read they would have seen my comments earlier, I HAD to sell my Zed For health reasons, needed an Auto and something more comfortable otherwise I would have driven my Zed till it fell apart, probably somewhere on the A14 just outside Chirk :lol:

Trying to persuade Mary to get a 370z, she wants a Z4 and despite my complete feeling of 'meh' for the 370 I would rather have one of those than a Z4 in a heartbeat..... but only because she can't afford a Cayman :(

But don't boring old Cayman's come in a huge range of prices?

Missus loves the 370 and she has just realised that they have seriously dropped in price, she is looking around £15k and older (09/10) 370's are in that ballpark.... not worried about the year as it would get a private plate anyway. Also not bothered about connect plus etc etc as it wouldn't be the main car anyway

Take Mary out for a spin in mine Dave, see if that would persuade her

She doesn't want a ragtop and also wants an auto after driving the Jag, and would have to be an auto so I could drive it more than a few hundred yards too :lol:

I have suggested a drive with Adrian but I got a pretty conclusive "#### off"

• Like 3

She doesn't want a ragtop and also wants an auto after driving the Jag, and would have to be an auto so I could drive it more than a few hundred yards too :lol:

LOL

Apart from the obviously daft posts about his wang, I can't see a single post here by Dave where he's done anything other than state his opinion, which also happens to be common sense.

That's not trolling. That's being a decent forum contributor.

Wonder why? :shrug:

PMSL!!! AHAHHAHAHAHAH

Edited by octet