Astra VXR surprised the hell out of my!!

Easty

Too easy to wind up some of you guys on here :stir:

I did more miles in my Zed than probably most of you lot put together.... hated every single one of them, regretted buying such a heavy, slow, souless heap of junk :cry:

So glad I have something else now so I can stay on here and wind everyone up :p

Sent from the golf club...

I did more miles in my Zed than probably most of you lot put together.... hated every single one of them, regretted buying such a heavy, slow, souless heap of junk :cry:

Oi, you trying to take my job on the forum! :lol:

No I am far too likeable :lol:

You hated the ones in Wales by far the most

Oh god yeah, a real chore :cry:

Ask Will370z I nearly punched him on the nose after I followed him last year and he made me go a bit fast :wheelchair:

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

Brother had the Astra VXR in that lovely sky blue colour they do and was a very quick. It just could not hold the power down that well on the front wheels and snaked a fair bit when giving it the beans. Still liked it though and did the job :)

Not sure why you were surprised it kept up, as a lot of people have already said most hot hatches will do.

Well the older ones are no way near as quick as the new ones, normally I just pull away from VXR's. . . .

Not to say there a slow car or anything!!

But this one just surprised me as it stayed with me, and with the new figures it's got it makes sense!!

I still wouldn't have one over a Zed lol

No matter what anyone says I think they look boring as hell!!!!!!

Well the older ones are no way near as quick as the new ones, normally I just pull away from VXR's. . . .

Not to say there a slow car or anything!!

But this one just surprised me as it stayed with me, and with the new figures it's got it makes sense!!

I still wouldn't have one over a Zed lol

No matter what anyone says I think they look boring as hell!!!!!!

+1. The Astra isn't exactly a looker unlike the Zed which imo is still a great modern"ish" looking design. ;)

I just don't get why someone would spend £30k on an Astra? When you think what you could get 2nd hand... 996 turbo, XKR, 370z, M3 etc etc. I know those don't have vauxhall running costs, but seriously why would you?

You could say the same about any car really, mine was a rediculous price new I have the original reciepts.... Headlining £1k extra :scare:

A lot of new cars these days are PCP leased I think...

Edited by spursmaddave

Oi, you trying to take my job on the forum! :lol:

No I am far too likeable :lol:

True, people don't like honest folk.

I seriously considered spending a lot more money than my HR on a new Astra VXR, was even in a showroom at one point discussing specs but thankfully I bailed lol. The Zed (especially the minor HR facial tweeks) still looks fresh today and parked up, despite the arches and bulge it sits looking very smart indeed. Nothing sticking out, no spoilers etc, just a good honest special looking car. The Astra is a good looking car but I wouldn't say special. Again I'm biased as I'm not into spoilers everywhere and boy racer looks...but then again.. I did nearly go for one. (sometimes wondering how much cheaper to run it'd be when the Zed running costs come about :lol:) Power wise I'd love to see a rolling start on a youtube video between them would be good, but otherwise in the real 30-60, car park world, the Zed I think has the Astra for ...'kerb appeal' or whatever. Theres just something nicer about a car that looks good..on its own, no additions. I do like the Astra big wheels though... ;) My only concern with the Astra when I looked at one is why is it so big?!

They have done a really good job with it i must admit. I bet a set of mpss on those 20" rims would be eye watering. There must be a massive market for these at that price range when you take into account the new 1 serise, A class and A3. These are not to far over the 30k mark minus the A class and have straight line speed that would have 911s worried. I can see the appeal.

Without a doubt the zed still looks amazing considering its age. The Astra is just an Astra at the end of the day. I'm not mocking vauxhall in anyway as I still think they make a good car (and I have had a few as previous cars) I do not believe it would get the attention a zed gets on a day to day basis :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't get why someone would spend £30k on an Astra?

Why would anyone pay £30K for a Nissan?

Swings and roundabouts. All cars are created equal, but some are more equal than others. ;)

Because the One i wanted more than any other car I could afford (including the usual German alternatives) costs that much. I suspect the same is true of GTR owners.

Edited by sipar69