Astra VXR surprised the hell out of my!!

Easty

In sticking with the thread topic*, I know I mentioned like an SL earlier etc... but for rough power and keeping pace, can anyone name the 'fastest' or what people might perceive as a faster car. Like just having a think... a Porsche 911 from a certain year? An old old 80's Ferrari (doubtful lol) but you get the picture. What kinda 'surprising' stuff could the Zed... not beat but hold it head up high with? Any suggestions?

*(Infact ths should be in the other 'league' thread that's up actually but meh...similar...)

Edited by AMT

I feel on here we are more realistic about how quick our car is though. On other forums they just seem to think they can beat everything!

The DE Z has the most torque and I hear it wins drag races against the HR haha

• Like 4

I like it when I surprise the bigger cars, m3's, rs4's, new porches and a Ferrari 458 I come across, his face was priceless :lol:

Totally agree!!

I Seem to find that a lot of Sh1t slow cars always seem to try and race it's just disappointing lol

On the way out with the girlfriend

Normally i never have a problem with VXR's and just pull away happily laughing!!

Could of been a factor ::shrug: Just sayin'....... :lol:

Lmfao very good point Ian!!

I'll have to tell her to hold off with the Pies :-P haha

• Like 1

I like it when I surprise the bigger cars, m3's, rs4's, new porches and a Ferrari 458 I come across, his face was priceless :lol:

Totally agree!!

I Seem to find that a lot of Sh1t slow cars always seem to try and race it's just disappointing lol

It's great leaving cars 2,3 times plus the value of mine for dust :lol:

Edited by A9H-RX

I miss having such an awesome car, no more do womem throw their underwear at me and other men cry when they witness my awesomeness.....

My life is no longer worth living :cry:

Sent from the golf club...

Still got me Dave, its alright :console:

I miss having such an awesome car, no more do womem throw their underwear at me and other men cry when they witness my awesomeness.....

Oh god, talk about kicking a guy when he is down :cry:

I try my best :)

I try my best :)

I'm sorry but I can't help having high standards...

I miss having such an awesome car, no more do women throw their underwear at me and other men cry when they witness my awesomeness.....

article-1163677-00EC1D4800000578-347_468x398.jpg

Inspector Morse be like; "You serious Bro?"

:D

• Like 1

I miss having such an awesome car, no more do women throw their underwear at me and other men cry when they witness my awesomeness.....

article-1163677-00EC1D4800000578-347_468x398.jpg

Inspector Morse be like; "You serious Bro?"

:D

Arthur Daley say cool it blood

puru7u3u.jpg

• Like 1

0-60 is pretty much irrelevant imho, it may be great for pub willy waving but in reality how often do you get a chance to go from 0 to 60? Adding into the mix having to get it absolutely spot on to achieve published figures, a 0 to 60 dash with anything close is always going to be a 50/50 chance of winning if you ask me.

Anything that is a quoted as 6 seconds or under is fast and once your down to below 4 or 5 seconds its all down to clever traction or launch control systems that are way more advanced than our 10 year old designed 350's electronics :) There will also be a very very clever diff in that Astra allowing for 276hp to be put down through the front wheels!

But it is just that, an Astra, which blends into obscurity on the roads and on his driveway.

• Like 2