Astra VXR surprised the hell out of my!!

Easty

I think this concludes, everyone thinks their car should be faster than what it is. And it is generally all down to the driver, how much guts has he got round corners etc. and have you got a good set of tyres for least wheel spin lol. Im sure every forum has this sorta chat, except the vauxhall nova and citoren saxo forum, they just talk about always beating other cars ^^

I think this concludes, everyone thinks their car should be faster than what it is. And it is generally all down to the driver, how much guts has he got round corners etc. and have you got a good set of tyres for least wheel spin lol. Im sure every forum has this sorta chat, except the vauxhall nova and citoren saxo forum, they just talk about always beating other cars ^^

Well said. :thumbs:

Off the line it should have had you,,, guy obv shifting like his granny ;)

No chance on a wet day with front wheel drive. Dry day will be close but zed will pump it. My mate has one mapped by dastek and I'm still faster without the nos.

280ps vxr 0.62 is 5.6. As i said of the line it should have the edge, rolling am not so sure.

No chance on a wet day with front wheel drive. Dry day will be close but zed will pump it. My mate has one mapped by dastek and I'm still faster without the nos.

280ps vxr 0.62 is 5.6. As i said of the line it should have the edge, rolling am not so sure.

Ahh i'm forgetting you guys have the older slower zed :p The 300ps is 5.6 standard

• Like 1

Never ever had a problem with all this max power brigade👀! I dine on porkers, m3s fast Audi and the occasional exotic and the like and this is on a track!

Does that make me a hero or my zed quick ? Nope!! There us always something quicker or a quicker driver out there! There are so many variables to consider so I never bother with traffic light grand prix and the only satisfaction i get is from the knowledge of how much I have improved my zed to do want I built it to do.

It's night and day. So on my diner list zeds are now also fair game if the driver is stupid enough😜 to get his pants pulled down!

Get on a trackday boys and girls its so much fun and you will improveðŸ‘

• Like 4

Never ever had a problem with all this max power brigade👀! I dine on porkers, m3s fast Audi and the occasional exotic and the like and this is on a track!

Does that make me a hero or my zed quick ? Nope!! There us always something quicker or a quicker driver out there! There are so many variables to consider so I never bother with traffic light grand prix and the only satisfaction i get is from the knowledge of how much I have improved my zed to do want I built it to do.

It's night and day. So on my diner list zeds are now also fair game if the driver is stupid enough😜 to get his pants pulled down!

Get on a trackday boys and girls its so much fun and you will improve👊

well said !

Ahh i'm forgetting you guys have the older slower zed :p The 300ps is 5.6 standard

300ps is 5.8 and you need to stop at 50mph to top up the oil :lol:

• Like 2

300ps is 5.8 and you need to stop at 50mph to top up the oil :lol:

Not in my car you're not. official figures are 5.6 for 300ps my son. 100hp of nos on top will sort it ;)

I have no oil consumption either ya cheeky sod! I should have let you put that oil in your car now :p

I cling onto this like its the best thing ever... lol Evo recording the HR at 5.5... but tbh with rear wheel drive and unless you've got some good skill and the right conditions I doubt we could get that out the Z... no matter what version lol. The hot hatches are coming..... :boxing::lol:

EDIT - BUT! And surely people have seen some of the car vid reviews from the US....recording stuff like 5.2?? I'm dubious of these..

Edited by AMT

Get on a trackday boys and girls its so much fun and you will improve👊

Agreed.

On the road the cars are nowhere near warmed through enough to get the full potential out them. I can't believe the difference in my car with 18" rays and r888's compared with the 19's.

Can wait for the summer when i'm back on track lightweight and with good usable downforce

I cling onto this like its the best thing ever... lol Evo recording the HR at 5.5... but tbh with rear wheel drive and unless you've got some good skill and the right conditions I doubt we could get that out the Z... no matter what version lol.

You'd be surprised when you have good tyres that are at a proper temperature. Between all the zeds theres not much difference in standard guise. Theres a couple of people with HR cars that produced very good figures on remap. I went the easy way and fired a tank of nitrous in. Problem solved.
  • Like 1

4mins38 in it gives 0-60 in 5.2.... looks a bit..backyard review but there on the track etc so dunno how they recorded it lol. Very dubious but if true...nice B) I still wouldn't 'claim' my car did anything less than 5.5 lol Edited by AMT

4mins38 in it gives 0-60 in 5.2.... looks a bit..backyard review but there on the track etc so dunno how they recorded it lol. Very dubious but if true...nice B) I still wouldn't 'claim' my car did anything less than 5.5 lol

I don't claim any figures tbh. If somebody asks how quick it is, I simply answer "quite"

• Like 1

I just looked at a site and the Zeds apparently 1542kg? So does that make the HR about 200bhp per ton? That's not bad is it? (1545kg 178 for the 276)

EDIT - 1475kg for the new Astra VXR making it around 187 bhp per ton. (just took the weights off parkers so dunno how accurate)

Fairly evenly matched I'd say

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

Evo magazine lists the following for the Zeds;

350Z (276bhp) ~ 1525kg ~ 184bhp per ton.

350Z (296bhp) ~ 1525kg ~ 197bhp per ton.

350Z (309bhp) ~ 1532kg ~ 205bhp per ton.

I also have the "Brooklands road test portfolio" for the 350Z covering every type including American, European & Japanese markets but far too much info to list from that book. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Road-Test-Portfolio-Brooklands-Road-Test-Portfolios-Paperback-/190968208779?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item2c76979d8b

The book is well worth buying if your interested in reading about the different versions, road tests and stats from a fairly large source of information.

• Like 1