Jump to content

nowhereboy

Members
  • Content Count

    1,511
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

437 Excellent

2 Followers

About nowhereboy

  • Rank
    Z Veteran
  • Birthday 07/08/1988

Recent Profile Visitors

789 profile views
  1. You will never save money in an ST. If you want one, buy it, but it won't save any money.
  2. I sold my Z for the same reason, stupidly I bought a MK2 ST running 300+ BHP and that was even more expensive to run. I now drive a FN2 Type R and it really made me realize, it's not all about big BHP. The little Honda is so fun to drive and I absolutely love it. I also realized it's absolutely mental to spend 8 hours a day working a job I dislike to fund a completely unnecessary item that sits in traffic 90% of its life.
  3. Update! Been super busy the last few weeks, pleased to say we completed our house purchase at the end of last month and all went through with no problem what so ever. Thanks for all your input as always guys
  4. Thanks TT (long time no speak by the way). We have made our decision and will be sticking with it. I’ll be sure to let you guys know how we get on. Whatever the outcome I’m prepared for it, lifes a bitch sometimes and if it bites us in the arse we’ll get over it. Cheers
  5. Gangzoom, financially we are fine, the only problem being we've wiped out all savings on house purchase and if sale falls through we would need to find a large sum of money to pay to the vendor, this is a help to buy purchase so if sale falls through we need to pay remaining 5% to make it up to 10% deposit. My partners new job will pay 3k a year more than previous one with a further 3k rise in two years time. So no worries regarding bill paying or keeping up mortgage payments. I could pay all the bills on my wage if worst came too anyway. Sarnie, I'm not comfortable disclosing lender on a public forum at the moment. We are due to complete just weeks after her current role ends which means if payslips were required we could still obtain one right up until we move. The only way I can see them finding out now is if they were to actually pick up the phone and ring employer or write to them. I do find this unlikely as they did not do this prior to giving out the offer, it wouldn't make sense from a layman's point of view to start doing that now. I would really like to know how likely lenders are to start digging things up and checking things out at this stage but it would appear people in the industry don't like to disclose this information (which I understand).
  6. Thanks for the response Sarnie! I feel absolutely sick with worry today, I can't help but feel that people within the industry are obliged to state we should tell them as they can't exactly go around telling people to hide things from lenders. I've read stories on other forums where people have fessed up and lost everything, I've also read many threads in which people have kept quiet and been successful. We have paid a very high broker fee to obtain this offer, we have simply ran out of money to pay another 4 figure sum if the broker requires more money due to needing a new lender. We have used a specialist broker and had limited options for providers to start with, we feel very lucky to have obtained a good rate from a high street lender and the mortgage may become out of reach if we need to use another lender. The bottom line here is we are at risk regardless of what decision we make, it's just trying to work out which option contains the least risk.
  7. Thanks for the input guys, quite a clear response on this one then. I have asked on a forum elsewhere that is tailored to mortgages etc and the advice was to tell them as it's within my contract and the right thing to do, they also mentioned this is mortgage fraud and could blacklist us for life. I kind of suspected this advice was exaggerated/skewed due to the forum in which I requested it. It's such a hard situation, we need to arrange moving vans, give notice on current house and plough forwards, it's nearly impossible to settle my mind over this one and I'm not going to be able to relax until this is all over with. I'll drop Sarnie a PM and link him to this thread.
  8. Cheers Stu, my partners new job has no probationary period but will require a month long (paid) induction. The only potential issue I see is that this induction is likely to clash with when the house completes or even slightly after so potentially she won't have started working until after the sale goes ahead. Obviously in an ideal world I'd speak to our broker for advice but he's legally obliged to tell the bank anyway at that point. My partner wants to play dumb and say nothing, she believes it's unlikely they will find out and even if they did we could act as if we had no idea it would be an issue. I'm just trying to work out which option involves the least risk.
  9. Found ourselves in a monumental predicament. We have just exchanged contracts on a new build home, completion set for a couple of months time. Our life savings have gone into the purchase. We are thousands of pounds deep in broker fee's, solicitor fee's and 5 figures deep in a deposit, if the deal falls through we lose everything and will have to make up the other 5 figure sum for the remaining 5% deposit (you only pay 5% on new build but full 10% needed if deal falls through), losing the house at this stage will ruin us financially. My partner has out of the blue and with no warning lost her job, she has lined another job up on a better wage and better position in the same industry but not starting for a month so we will have a months gap in her income and her new job will start around completion. Contracts are exchanged, mortgage offer in place, everything signed off and ready to go, just waiting for house completion in a couple of months time and for funds to be released. Stuck between a rock and a hard place here, if we tell the lender our case will need to be re assessed, in theory this should be fine but we have no guarantees and the consequences of it becoming an issue are massive. If we say nothing the chances of them finding out are slim but not impossible, if the house gets delayed for example they could request more payslips etc. Has anyone got experience in this sort of thing? I'm swaying towards telling the lender as we can provide partners contract for new job etc and this is obviously the morally correct thing to do, however I don't want to rock the boat unnecessarily. To say we are feeling stressed would be an understatement.
  10. Good news! They have just posted a replacement part this morning, it turns out the bit that is broken is a removable item so they are sending a new one along with fresh bolts etc. Nice to see an honest company prepared to look after its customers, the part was two month outside of warranty.
  11. To my suprise they have asked for order number and stated they will see what they can do. Fingers crossed for a decent outcome. Good service from them so far
  12. Cheers guys, I suspected that would be the case. I've been polite enough in the message, I did say I wasn't impressed it has broken already but I think that is a pretty fair comment. I guess it's nothing a bit of super glue and jubilee clips won't fix.
  13. Hey guys, It's not Z related but I know we have plenty of knowledgeable people on here. The Mrs bought me an Auto specialist induction kit for my MK 2 ST about a year ago, it's not a cheap intake (£300 at the time). What was supposed to be a morning changing my oil yesterday turned into something else as I noticed the kit has broken. The kit is enclosed and has a cold air feed that attaches via the cars slam panel, where the hose joins the kit the plastic has snapped in half completely! Apparently this was a common issue and its clear they have since changed the design on these intakes. I've sent a message/picture to Auto specialists and voiced my displeasure. Ideally I would like them to send me out another one since they have clearly fixed the problem now (photos on the website show this plastic join is now gone and replaced with a metal one). Do I have any consumer rights a year after purchase? I'd just like to know how to proceed if they refuse to help in any way.
  14. The cheek of the guy! I'd bet he's involved in all sorts of dodgy business (Like most old school gym owners tbh) Good work on your part tho
  15. Unsure what the plans are for certain. Currently have a Corsa run about and a modified Focus ST between me and the Mrs, she won't drive the ST. Either going to keep the Focus and go hybrid Turbo/forged pistons, Diff and 370BHP or sell it and buy something more expensive that the Mrs can take to work and I'll use the corsa for a daily. If it's the later the budget will be 20k, has to be something she will drive. Thinking Audi S3, Golf R, BMW M3, Possibly Nismo 370Z, Audi TTS. Nothing really stands out to me in my budget unfortunately.

350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

×
×
  • Create New...