All new Top Gear May 2016

Spatt

I was staunchly against it last week, but this week I actually thought it was ok.... Still not an Evans fan, never have been, but me and MrNiki did find it fairly funny in some parts this week :thumbs:

And MLB's guns.... Oooooft!!! ;)

I didn't mind Episode 2 at all. Matt is a lot better than I'd imagined, and I didn't mind Eddie Jordan either. As per what everyone else has said, Evans is the worst thing and I wish thy hadn't 'TFI Friday'd' it so much. The rally mini section is rubbish though (as is the stupid best first car thing), and Evans gloating over his new McClaren ownership was more than annoying (strangely, when Clarkson used to do that I didn't mind at all).

Also, they need to stop the whole 'we don't do that anymore' stuff, the public know that Clarkson et al left, we don't need to be reminded! Other than that, it still all feels a bit like when a programme changes its lead roles and desperately hopes no-one notices too much. Oh, and let Sabine Schmitz do more, I want to see her tearing round the track. In fact, I'd have that over the stig...

Watched it on iPlayer. As soon as I saw the guns and rockets strapped to the cars, I switched off.

CH&M can get away with that, it's their character. These guys....just cringy.

And Evans is still a ***t

• Like 2

Agree that there are some irritating issues, however be patient guys, it is early days, and I think that this will work, and work very well in the long term.

Talent that he is/was, I was never a JC fan.

• Like 1

i fast forwarded through the star in the car crap. the cheer voting thing was just cringeworthy. rest of it didn't mind, not made my mind up on Evans yet, am willing to give him time to settle into the role. EG missed having Harris though this week.

As much as I loved the old tg, would I honestly watch clarkson and the gang present a cooking or gardening show...... Errrrr no. I watched for the cars and thus far new tg has that so I'll keep watching. I enjoyed ep 2, would watch again.

• Like 1

It seems CH&M got more viewers of them folding DHL boxes on Youtube that TG got US viewers.

TG got half the viewers than they got last week.

Can't see it surviving if they keep Evans on the show. Daily Mirror poll showed 88% wanted him gone.

• Like 1

well that was all thoroughly enjoyable. possibly 4 of the best films i've ever seen on top gear actually! great film by CH. very informative and well presented film by rory, usual bbc showing its might closing most of london for a day for MLBs section. definitely way way better than episode 1, if they'd have opened the series with that episode it would have been a completely different story on social media the next day.

• Like 1