All new Top Gear May 2016

Spatt

Last night so much better, less of CE shouting in the hanger, he's bearable when driving and commentating because he doesn't shout Feature with Block, well who wouldnt like that!

Also good to see more of Sabine.

It looks like MLB is taking more of a lead, perhaps CE just needs to learn to project his voice better.

Agreed... I put it down to a vastly reduced amount of ginger shoutiness.

There was still plenty of shoutiness though, and the SIARPC was longer than the last few that have been slagged hard.

The difference was quite simply content - anything at Laguna Seca will be worth watching, Kevin Hart is a genuinely funny guy with some nice cars, the FRS/A45/CTR was a test of interesting, affordable cars that people wanted to see (loved the kid as well), Ferraris are always interesting but add Harris's drifty skills, passion and a 250TdF and you cant fail.

And that Ken Block segment? How do you top that?

Camerawork was spot on, scripts were great and the love that Harris, Evans and Reid clearly have for cars knocks the old lot into a cocked hat IMO. Carry on like this ans they will **** anything that came before them IMO.

• Like 1

Yes much better - more the TG of old without the stupid stunts but you have to admire Ken Block's skills and it didn't look on this occasion, by the absence of laid rubber, that he had full blast test runs. :)

I think they are really starting to find their feet and their roles nicely, like anything when you throw people together it never gels instantly, to simply state there is no chemistry based on the first show was not a fair assessment. I have watched the episode over again it was that good, proper motoring and fun to watch without having to resort to something like converting a van into a boat and drifting down a river and sinking. That all said I really cannot get on with the star section, too long at over 10 minutes.

Yes much better - more the TG of old without the stupid stunts but you have to admire Ken Block's skills and it didn't look on this occasion, by the absence of laid rubber, that he had full blast test runs. :)

Exactly, when you watch his videos on You Tube you can see all the black marks where he had done things a few times over already, a lot of it looked first or second run which was awesome. Also with all the furore in the papers about TG 'disrespecting the monument' clearly they were driving all through London and happen to pass by it and do some handbrakes 100 yards down the road, not like they rocked up there and deliberately decided to doughnut all day next to it.

Sabine, awesome, just love the way she laughs her head off when driving like an utter loon right on the edge!

Watched ep3 last night was pretty good. But Evans really bugs me. Something about the way he talks even when he's not shouting

Nice to see MLB is a bit more Joey than iv seen him in recent years. Was worried he lacked personality but he was a good laugh especially with ken block. And block's mustang...... :cloud9:

Who is the guy who tested the hot hatches? Never seen him before but he was pretty good. He'l appeal to the younger viewers as well he talks their lanuage lol

News papers saying Evans has been told to take a back seat from now on after viewer dropping again

With regards to this, would someone clear a point up for me please? Really became disinterested in it but have given it another go this time and quite enjoyed it this week, as did mrs glrnet! Have to agree with others that Evans is a tad irrititating at times for me and would n't be upset to see less of him. With regard to Stevo's point rgearding the press and Evans taking more of a back seat, I know some of the stuff is already in the can but do they film a "new show" in front of a crowd EVERY week or are they also pre recorded ages in advance? Really hope it's the former and he has less involvement.

I think the films are much better, really involving and lots of proper knowledge being pushed around instead of endless chatter about not a lot which the previous three tended to do. Evans is fine, once you have it in your head you dislike him it will irk you and that will be that.

The train bit been done before, not very original. Liked the Vulcan, though out of everyone's League. Why not spend the time on cars that most people want and can have. Change Chris Evans for Rowan Atkinson.

sent by my Zed eating a Welsh cake

The train bit been done before, not very original. Liked the Vulcan, though out of everyone's League. Why not spend the time on cars that most people want and can have. Change Chris Evans for Rowan Atkinson.

sent by my Zed eating a Welsh cake

because then it becomes 5th gear and its dull as dishwater

• Like 3

what an episode, loved it!

Chris Harris - amazing. Rory - amazing both very good slots enjoyed it very much.. very much like the YouTube videos they are both very good at doing..

Wasn't a fan of Eddie but i thought he was great on this episode... the train race was great and i was glad to hear Matt say "We where each given the price of a train ticket" made me feel at home and it would have been good to see them all meet up in a car park like they normally do and look at the cars (or bikes) in more detail. We great to see a bike on the show i think thats a step in the right direction.... I',m not a biker myself but i do think there is a place for bikes on the show.

Yes the above train race has been done before and its very "Top Gear" - for those who dont want to see that kind of thing... .... Dont watch TopGear find another show hehe (no offence, i think the races are great! )

The overall "Live" feeling in the show is still hard to watch but the guest bits are getting better and the click they all have is improving.

So to the "Nay" sayers... stick with it :D

Chris Harris will save this show in my view. I actually really like Matt LeBlanc too.

I think the show was between a rock and a hard place. If the Beeb had totally changed the format, and then swapped all the presenters, but still called it 'Top Gear' they would have been slated just as much by people saying 'it's just not how Top Gear should be.'

For what it's worth I'm glad we now (or soon will) have two decent car shows, and I hope the new TG is given a chance and not 'panic cancelled' due to dropping ratings.

Adding in Extra Gear can only get better, and the new TG team will find their feet and evolve the format gently if given the opportunity.

Clarkson, Hammond and May will fall on their feet with Amazon, because their brand is driven by their personalities. The show will be more petrolhead orientate comedy than car weekly I reckon.