All new Top Gear May 2016

Spatt

Yep absolutely right, but then again pretty sure some of these sexual assault allegations would never happen 20 years down the line if the person wasn't in the public eye. Clarkson was a complete muppet, on a warning for various indiscretions then he goes and gets drunk and does that. Got what was coming really when he got sacked from a job he clearly loved. Stupidity of an arrogant person.

He was in the public eye 20 years ago, very much so......which is probably the very reason why it was never reported then.

A good friend of mine was the victim of sexual assault, you cant believe the suffering it bought her and the bravery to actually report it, it doesnt even come close to a punch on the nose, in any shape or form.

I am sure JC doesnt loose a single nights sleep about it now he has the deal with amazon and your right, he was a d*ck, no one said he wasnt.

Thats kind of my point though, that comparing Clarkson to Evans in the same light was not really comparable in the first instance - the acts are not really the same and the way they happened is not the same.

• Like 1

If these allegations go back to the 90s, it's no secret that Evans had issues. Turning up to work in a towel and waving his manhood about, groping colleagues' breasts and generally bullying his team. I don't like to think he's the same man he was back then.

If these allegations go back to the 90s, it's no secret that Evans had issues. Turning up to work in a towel and waving his manhood about, groping colleagues' breasts and generally bullying his team. I don't like to think he's the same man he was back then.

dunno reports from the top gear team is he was very abusive and rude apparently when one show when eddie jordan kept stuffing his lines chris evans went and banged his head on the wall infront of everyone not very Professional

Edited by StevoD

dunno reports from the top gear team is he was very abusive and rude apparently when one show when eddie jordan kept stuffing his lines chris evans went and banged his head on the wall infront of everyone not very Professional

o well, a leopard never changes... and all that jazz

But take that another way: I could quote easily imagine that being done in great humour, with everyone laughing at Jordan fluffing his lines *again*, and Evans mocking him by banging his head on a wall.

As ever, the devil is in the details and how it gets reported.

But take that another way: I could quote easily imagine that being done in great humour, with everyone laughing at Jordan fluffing his lines *again*, and Evans mocking him by banging his head on a wall.

Very true

true this is the info apparently its the sun so who knows if its true or not

This news comes after weeks and weeks of rumors of Evans' unprofessional behavior on the set "Top Gear" and his feud with co-host Matt LeBlanc and his other castmates.

Last month, a report by The Sun claimed that LeBlanc threatened to exit the BBC show due to Evans' "rudeness" and "frosty" attitude.

“The team does not gel at all, and the atmosphere between the presenters is decidedly frosty. It’s very much a picture of him – Chris – and them. Matt has already indicated that he won’t continue on any further series if Chris remains a part of it. And he is far from the only one who isn’t happy," sources told The Sun.

“Chris is not encouraging when any of the others are doing their links. On one occasion this month he even pretended to bump his head against a wall in frustration when Eddie Jordan kept fluffing his lines," the insider added.

CE was always a bold choice, he is no different to JC, people either love him or hate him, i guess the beeb banked on his popularity to get or keep the numbers.

I find it curious how the beeb immediately suspended JC pending an investigation but are "fully behind" CE. Of course i understand JC had history and was on a final warning but it dangerous ground to support CE, they could end up with egg on their face, again....

CE was always a bold choice, he is no different to JC, people either love him or hate him, i guess the beeb banked on his popularity to get or keep the numbers.

I find it curious how the beeb immediately suspended JC pending an investigation but are "fully behind" CE. Of course i understand JC had history and was on a final warning but it dangerous ground to support CE, they could end up with egg on their face, again....

Danny Cohen hated clarkson so found a way to get rid of him.

Edited by StevoD

Well if you lamp someone at work in front of everyone then you expect to lose your job. If you are accused of something from years ago, your employer can't just sack you before you're found guilty.

As has already been said, two completely different situations.

Please point out where i said he didnt get what was coming and where CE should be sacked? I said, JC was suspended pending an investigation, not even "he" was sacked straight away and if your being politically correct, he was never sacked, they just let his contract lapse, but the beeb are fully behind CE.

I wasnt aware that if you committed a crime x amount of years ago it diminishes its relevance ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Please point out where i said he didnt get what was coming and where he should be sacked? I said, JC was suspended pending an investigation, not even he was sacked straight away and if your being politically correct, he was never sacked, just let his contract lapse, but the beeb are fully behind CE.

I wasnt aware that if you committed a crime x amount of years ago it diminishes its relevance ;)

yea i guess good ol jimmys crimes are ok as they were in the past :lol:

Please point out where i said he didnt get what was coming and where he should be sacked? I said, JC was suspended pending an investigation, not even he was sacked straight away and if your being politically correct, he was never sacked, just let his contract lapse, but the beeb are fully behind CE.

Alleged crimes ;)

• Like 1

Alleged crimes ;)

ah very true

Please point out where i said he didnt get what was coming and where CE should be sacked? I said, JC was suspended pending an investigation, not even "he" was sacked straight away and if your being politically correct, he was never sacked, they just let his contract lapse, but the beeb are fully behind CE.

Sure, but there was never any doubt that Clarkson assaulted someone, hence the difference in reaction by the BBC.

Just back from Middle East yesterday and watched the last episode and I have to say that on the whole I really enjoyed the series. Sure, there were some bad parts, like the "challenge" to drive to Blackpool and pretty much anything with EJ in it, but Harris, Rory and even LeBlancs Porsche item last night more than balanced that out for me.

Probably posted here before as well but I think Evans was always going to go at end of first series, now we know who the others are we are going to be a lot kinder on them. Looking forward to the next one and more Harris particularly, smashing the only NSX in the world around in the rain like that takes some massive, massive balls. B)