New neighbours keyed car

Tomb

Just out of interest - now that you have a letter from them saying he did it, and they've paid for the damages, could you now go to the police and get him done anyway? Not that I'm saying you should of course as by the sounds of it they'll be good as gold from now on, but still.......I'd be tempted. Teach him a lesson. Again.

You'd have to be a right arse to do this, and the police with any luck would point out that the chap has apologised and made good. Think his Wife isn't teaching him a lesson? :p

Great result, just shows what a spineless idiot the guy is though. First taking it out on your car and then sending his wife round with a letter instead of having some balls and apologising face to face himself.

And yes, getting the police involved now is the worst idea I've ever heard. I'd just stay out of his way and park further down the street if needs be.

Your car was keyed and repaired costing you £300 and then done again. Do I take it they have only put their hands up for the second 'offence'?

In which case that extra cash your repairer has for you will help offset that first cost, but what troubles me is that he was drunk and keyed twice????? What happens the next time?

In which case if you haven't reported the incidents, and outcome, to the police I would be doing so for the record and as advised ^^^ do keep that original written admission of guilt. You can always say that as you have the admission but been recompensed you are not seeking prosecution but this guy could well do it again (if being drunk was the genuine reason) and if not your car some other poor bugger.

My guess it was the letting agent that put the pressure on and wife saw the writing on the wall...........

Right update time.

Ended up deciding the best course of action was to write a letter to them as I am terrible at confrontation, the police where never going to do FA about it (and still haven't) and I'm also just a slight cubby manchild who can't handle himself in the slightest.

So the letter in short stated that we saw him damage the car and we would be taking it to the police. That we had contacted there letting agents telling them of the damage they had cause. And if he wanted to make amends please contact my local body shop where the car is booked in.

So next day rolls round and to my surprise I had a letter in return (from the chaps wife no less) saying they admit to the damage done and have contacted the body shop and paid for the work and send there deepest apologies and her husband was drunk when it all happened.

.. So I get on the blower to my buddy down at the body shop (a great friend of mine, who's done many of my cars) he tells me that they've paid up and All is good. He then adds "oh and I charged them b**tards over double so I have some cash waiting for you when you drop it off"

All in all pretty happy with the resolve .. Just wish it hadn't happened in the first place.

Tom.

Good lord, I didn't see that coming. :headhurt:

• Like 1

Violence doesn't solve anything, and in this case not being violent solved the issue. They've paid the bill and apologised. They've been honest and done the right thing. I'd keep the letter and get on with life.

Extra cash can pay for the first instance.

Keeping calm and not being confrontational has worked here. If asked directly they would have denied it, the letter has given them time to read, reflect and do the right thing.

Good work.

And this, ladies and gents, is why storming over and smashing the guy's teeth out would've been a moronic thing to do.

Maybe would've felt good though :stir:

Great result OP, a blow struck for reasonableness and keeping calm under fire. I'd still do the poo thing though :lol:

Great result and we'll done on taking the high road.

You avoided being arrested causing you grief for the rest of your life (employment etc...), avoided animosity between neighbours, and probably further damage to your car.

It is sad we live in a world where this sort of thing happens though and has to be sorted this way :/

I would now go and speak to the neighbours since the situation has been diffused and make amends in person. They'll probably offer you a cuppa and be humble.

• Like 1

Right update time.

Ended up deciding the best course of action was to write a letter to them as I am terrible at confrontation, the police where never going to do FA about it (and still haven't) and I'm also just a slight cubby manchild who can't handle himself in the slightest.

So the letter in short stated that we saw him damage the car and we would be taking it to the police. That we had contacted there letting agents telling them of the damage they had cause. And if he wanted to make amends please contact my local body shop where the car is booked in.

So next day rolls round and to my surprise I had a letter in return (from the chaps wife no less) saying they admit to the damage done and have contacted the body shop and paid for the work and send there deepest apologies and her husband was drunk when it all happened.

.. So I get on the blower to my buddy down at the body shop (a great friend of mine, who's done many of my cars) he tells me that they've paid up and All is good. He then adds "oh and I charged them b**tards over double so I have some cash waiting for you when you drop it off"

All in all pretty happy with the resolve .. Just wish it hadn't happened in the first place.

Tom.

Brilliant, well done!! thats great news!!

Wow! What a turn up for the books. Never would've dreamed that they would've been so accommodating and submissive. It's good to know that a firm but polite letter can save the day. Perhaps the pen is mightier than the sword in this case. I'm happy that it's all turned out well with the added sweetener of some extra cash! Rare!!!

• Like 1

And this, ladies and gents, is why storming over and smashing the guy's teeth out would've been a moronic thing to do.

Don't often agree with you but I do here 100%

Really makes me cringe when I see posts like this and all the 'go round with a baseball bat' type responses, total and utter madness.

'It's the only type of message they understand'

No it's the type of behaviour you condone :p

Glad it all got sorted out (kind of) agree you should keep the letter just in case though!

• Like 2

Thats great that you got a good result, we had the same problem at my parents - the neighbors were nuts, and kept attacking our cars - put a chair through my rear light and hit my partners with a cement mixer - the police did nothing and the they got away scott free, really pleased for you