New neighbours keyed car

Tomb

what I can't understand is, if someone thinks you're parking inconsiderately, why not just ask them to kindly park somewhere else giving the reasons why? Alright, they might ask you to kindly f**k off but usually there isn't a problem that talking about it can't solve.

• Like 2

This has happened to me but with my tires flat. Live on a private estate on a small culdisac which everyone has a space for 2 cars, either on their driveway or on the road just outside your house. This familiy moved in with 6 cars. lol needless to say they were being very ignorant and were parking in neighbours spots, pissing every one off. Came to a head when I caught him looking at my 8 year old girl in the lounge in only her underwear and was just stood there looking through the window at her. When I confronted him he denied it. Following day and a few days after that my tyres were flat causing me to be late for work each time. He eventually was caught for looking at kids and was a known pedo with an 8 year sentence behind him in Yorkshire. Glad he gone inside again !!!You never know whom you are dealing with. My advice..get a camcorder and catch him in his act.

Totally Disgusting .. SCUM. Once confronted, there is no certainty they will not have another go, especially once the police have approached them. Personally I would waste his car if he has one. Get a car video reorder that has 360 degree vision and make sure you are not parked in the street the night you make your move :rant:

what I can't understand is, if someone thinks you're parking inconsiderately, why not just ask them to kindly park somewhere else giving the reasons why? Alright, they might ask you to kindly f**k off but usually there isn't a problem that talking about it can't solve.

Exactly my thinking but oh well..

Police went round today for a chat. I just won't park there anymore. s##t happens and Kama will be dealt in due course I'm sure.

That website is sure tempting though haha :)

Sadly my wife's car (mint Hyundai coupe/ new shape) was done 3 times with a screwdriver parked outside our house- so deep it dented the panels.

We just ended up parking somewhere else. This was after talking to the guy first too- apparently his son also takes the view that this is acceptable behaviour. Great to wind yourself up over revenge but in reality you live there and life could get tricky

Filming public spaces is legal so I would set up a surveillance and get a dash cam too. Submit claim once evidence is obtained- small claims court if needed.

My favourite revenge idea was to park a battered shed (~£100) there permenantly (And fully legal!) or better still a skip :D

Edited by Siman350z

I know its probably best not to escalate bad feelings with neighbours but if it was my car then i would be absolutely fuming . Ive worked and paid for it and its not parked illegaly What right does he have. None what so ever. Karma may happen but for me that isnt enough. He either pays for the damage or he pays another way. If he gets away with it he is sure to do it again to someone else and not nescessarily a neighbour.

• Like 1

I agree with MIGWEL, id probably smash his door down and punch him around his house...id make sure he didnt do it again. Im actually fuming for you.

On the other hand, if someone managed to calm me down and suggested a camera id go that route. Make a note of the dates and times it was keyed, park there again and get it on film and take it from there. Also, tell the landlord. One thing to think about is to call the police saying you are about to go round and throttle him...theyll be there in 5 mins if they think there will be an incident, maybe when they arrive you can have it out with him...you never know, it may stop him in the future.

Had this a few years ago with my 200SX. Some guy didn't like it parked opposite his house so stuck some traffic cones on the roof which must have blown off in the wind, putting scratches down the bonnet etc. Went round and gave him a mouthfull and that was it. Was fuming for a few weeks but thinking about it now, glad I didn't throw a punch!

It's amazing how people get protective about the road outside their house / home. A road which, unless it is privately owned by them, any other person is perfectly entitled to park on, bearing in mind restrictions etc.

Train a camera on it, better still train a couple of cameras on it to capture any evidence. Even better than that, buy a legal £300 banger, tax, MoT it and then just leave that there instead :)

• Like 2

To be honest, the best thing is to try and capture some evidence if you can and do it in the most subtle but above board way you can. I would try and find out who the local beat officer is in your area and see if they can find the time to pop and see you at home. Doing that means you've made a contact with the Police, it also means they are aware of the 'issue'. Although they may not be in a position to do anything about it what's happened now, unfortunately. It also sends a message to the neighbour that "dude, you need to cut this out, I am getting advice from the Po-Po about a situation, which I would prefer didn't escalate....but if you continue in your activity. I will pursue a course of action involving the Police, you may want to think of the impact on you, your job etc if they get involved.

However; if you capture evidence and make sure you report it each time something happens, that will build a consistent picture and a record which stands for up to review and query, it could also support any potential case in the future. Make sure that when you speak to the Police or see the local beat officer that you make it clear you are not aware of anything that you've overtly done causing the issue. That the people seem to have only recently moved in and as far as you know you're not intentionally upsetting them, although it may be due to some feeling they seem to have about on street parking etc. I would also investigate other parking opportunities near you, renting a space / garage etc. I know that might seem like a ball ache, but is it any more of a ball ache than some bell-end keying your car....repeatedly.

At the end of the day, some people are lovely and smashing and nice and on the other hand some people are ignorant 5h1tbags. It's a shame you've encountered one. They best thing is to try and avoid escalation, balancing that against someone intimidating you or causing you or your property physical harm. You know your area, you know the community. I would think about having a word with some of the other neighbours and say can they keep their eyes open, someone has been keying your car and that you're not sure why its being done, but you may have a word with the local bobby if it continues. Can they let you know if they see anything.

If it were me, I would find somewhere else to store the Zed safely and then I would buy a £300 shed and use that instead. If it get's scratched, so what. I should add that none of what I've typed it advice, just an indication of what I might consider as options, even if I did none of them.

Further Edit: Also, the Police will do something about it, if you can provide them with the opportunity to do so. You may need to do some legwork yourself, but help them to help you.

Edited by Bockaaarck
  • Like 1

I also feel that if the keying has been done because the scumbag thinks no one should park outside where he lives (as opposed to some othe reason - i.e.jealousy) chances are the police wil get more reports and the "no smoke without fire" should help the police to get enough evidence together to do him for criminal damage.

If you know the house owner it might be worth mentioning the 'issue' to him as all too often such scumbags will have demonstrated they have little regard for other peoples property.

• Like 1

Once heard on the tv, buy a few of bottles of milk (must be bottles), put them on his doorstep, phone the police and tell them that you noticed an elderly neighbour hasnt taken in his milk, any luck they will kick his door in as he might be collapsed ;)

• Like 2

Another bradders and Migwel school of thought subscriber in this thread here.

He's gone too far, that's up there for fully unacceptable behaviour, it's up there with something like if some dude gives your gf @*!#.

and I'd think how many hours work did you have to do to cover the fix?

the law is soft as is cctv. personal experience: I had my motorbike stolen may 2014, central london westminster loading the bike into van under full office building security camera surveillance and then to steal another bike a few blocks up and then the van was tracked leaving town by anpr by a known bike stealer.

I got a call just last month by a nice lady about how it might go to court in the next year but not too soon and if so what dates can't i do in that long term future.

And once a pc support officer gave me @*!# about riding a bicycle along a footpath in my country town with no pedestrians on it except for her.

shakin in my boots.

I wouldn't expect you can talk sense with a moron like that. Go try talking to a drunk or a tree for some practice of getting experience with the level you'll be putting up with and see how do you like it and want some more.

If you can back yourself: you're tougher and got more crazy friends then go beat him up and then equalise with some payback property damage of your own or £ to cover costs.

if you're not, get crafty to get even.

and above all remember rule #1, don't get caught.

• Like 1

If you can back yourself: you're tougher and got more crazy friends then go beat him up and then equalise with some payback property damage of your own or £ to cover costs.

Wow, you sound like a lovely guy. Truly awesome, all big and strong like that.

• Like 2

To be honest, the best thing is to try and capture some evidence if you can and do it in the most subtle but above board way you can. I would try and find out who the local beat officer is in your area and see if they can find the time to pop and see you at home. Doing that means you've made a contact with the Police, it also means they are aware of the 'issue'. Although they may not be in a position to do anything about it what's happened now, unfortunately. It also sends a message to the neighbour that "dude, you need to cut this out, I am getting advice from the Po-Po about a situation, which I would prefer didn't escalate....but if you continue in your activity. I will pursue a course of action involving the Police, you may want to think of the impact on you, your job etc if they get involved.

However; if you capture evidence and make sure you report it each time something happens, that will build a consistent picture and a record which stands for up to review and query, it could also support any potential case in the future. Make sure that when you speak to the Police or see the local beat officer that you make it clear you are not aware of anything that you've overtly done causing the issue. That the people seem to have only recently moved in and as far as you know you're not intentionally upsetting them, although it may be due to some feeling they seem to have about on street parking etc. I would also investigate other parking opportunities near you, renting a space / garage etc. I know that might seem like a ball ache, but is it any more of a ball ache than some bell-end keying your car....repeatedly.

At the end of the day, some people are lovely and smashing and nice and on the other hand some people are ignorant 5h1tbags. It's a shame you've encountered one. They best thing is to try and avoid escalation, balancing that against someone intimidating you or causing you or your property physical harm. You know your area, you know the community. I would think about having a word with some of the other neighbours and say can they keep their eyes open, someone has been keying your car and that you're not sure why its being done, but you may have a word with the local bobby if it continues. Can they let you know if they see anything.

If it were me, I would find somewhere else to store the Zed safely and then I would buy a £300 shed and use that instead. If it get's scratched, so what. I should add that none of what I've typed it advice, just an indication of what I might consider as options, even if I did none of them.

Further Edit: Also, the Police will do something about it, if you can provide them with the opportunity to do so. You may need to do some legwork yourself, but help them to help you.

I more or less did most of that. Police still wouldn't pursue it. The police are about as much use as a pub in Mecca.

So I sold the car and bought a Military Series 3 Land Rover. The more battered that thing got, the better it looked. Was awesome.

Funny, because the vandalism stopped at that point, and then the neighbours car burst into flames one night. They moved back to Scotland after that.

• Like 1

Another bradders and Migwel school of thought subscriber in this thread here.

He's gone too far, that's up there for fully unacceptable behaviour, it's up there with something like if some dude gives your gf @*!#.

and I'd think how many hours work did you have to do to cover the fix?

the law is soft as is cctv. personal experience: I had my motorbike stolen may 2014, central london westminster loading the bike into van under full office building security camera surveillance and then to steal another bike a few blocks up and then the van was tracked leaving town by anpr by a known bike stealer.

I got a call just last month by a nice lady about how it might go to court in the next year but not too soon and if so what dates can't i do in that long term future.

And once a pc support officer gave me @*!# about riding a bicycle along a footpath in my country town with no pedestrians on it except for her.

shakin in my boots.

I wouldn't expect you can talk sense with a moron like that. Go try talking to a drunk or a tree for some practice of getting experience with the level you'll be putting up with and see how do you like it and want some more.

I honestly can't understand a word of this post. If it's incitement to violence, it will make interesting evidence for the court case.

Edited by sipar69

It's amazing how people get protective about the road outside their house / home. A road which, unless it is privately owned by them, any other person is perfectly entitled to park on, bearing in mind restrictions etc.

Train a camera on it, better still train a couple of cameras on it to capture any evidence. Even better than that, buy a legal £300 banger, tax, MoT it and then just leave that there instead :)

Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap.jpg A honey trap!! B)

• Like 3