New neighbours keyed car

Tomb

Same thing happens on my street sometimes its not possible for me to park my cars outside my house so have to leave it nearby in front of others. Its always people who haven't got a car and are jealous that complain luckily the person causing the bother moved last week so I am in luck. But for me i couldn't hold my anger in if someone keyed my car in my street so probably return the favor but would regret it in the long run since they probably wont go away.

You have got to at the very minimum have a word with him, tell him how much the damage costs and that you saw him doing it and are setting up CCTV on your property to overlook it. Hopefully it will score him out of doing it again

Personally, and I have done this in the past with someone who was stealing from us at work......... Went and spoke to them, and having first setup a camera in a discrete area, and asked them if they wanted to tell me anything....... pointed out that before they responded, they should bear in mind that I have CCTV recording (and pointed to the camera).

They came clean with everything and we managed to recover all our goods without involving the Police, but as part of the conversation with them, pointed out that I was willing to give anyone a chance before involving the Police.

May be worth calling their bluff. If they see a discrete camera and even think they have been recorded, they will have to stick their hands up.

• Like 3

Personally, and I have done this in the past with someone who was stealing from us at work......... Went and spoke to them, and having first setup a camera in a discrete area, and asked them if they wanted to tell me anything....... pointed out that before they responded, they should bear in mind that I have CCTV recording (and pointed to the camera).

They came clean with everything and we managed to recover all our goods without involving the Police, but as part of the conversation with them, pointed out that I was willing to give anyone a chance before involving the Police.

May be worth calling their bluff. If they see a discrete camera and even think they have been recorded, they will have to stick their hands up.

Exactly what I would do! 'Excuse me mate can you just quickly come have a look at this? Yeah it's my camera that I put up after the first time my car got keyed, it also has a few pictures of you doing it. Not saying you did it the first time (but you probably did) but there's two ways to go now: you pay me the damage and I refrain from doing whatever it is that's upset you. Or, I phone the police and you can pay damages + the £100's in court fees?'

Sorry to hear this, but I would always go to the police...as much as we would like to retaliate, when it comes to these sort of low life they seem to love tit for tat......just an officer going to the door might have the situation sorted. Feel your pain though......I've had 2 cars keyed in the past.....and boy that hit my anger buttons....hope it gets sorted. Stay clean buddy.......Karma will strike this spineless moron.......he may very well do it in the future to someone who's not as level headed as you........:)

By far the best suggestion. Try to bluff the bastard. Police will do nothing due to the lack of evidence, unless the culprit is stupid enough to admit something.

And, OP, forget about revenge etc. If you were tough enough to pull it off successfully you would not be asking for an advice on the internet forum.

A good friend of mine owns a vehicle recovery company. Could always pay a visit and take his motor for a ride 'Lizard Lick' style!

I'd be pis$ed if it was me. But On a serious note, your best off talking to the guy and get it resolved Otherwise it could go on and on.

• Like 1

Get CCTV one on the car one across the front of your and I assume his front of house.

Catch him in the act, take him to court and reclaim all losses, fees from time off work, to respray, to even the CCTV camera itself.

Doesn't like you parking on a street with zero parking restrictions? His loss now, time to take him to town!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Trouser nice camera but it's indoor !

Tomb, revenge always sounds like a good idea but the reality is it won't solve anything and might leave you in the dock.

hopefully the police will have a talk to him and that will be the end of it, they are unlikely to do any more at this stage.

Try and park nearer your own house and if you can set up cc tv to monitor your car.

Good luck getting this resolved.

I really feel for you. I would be really mad, let alone the costs of repairs to yourself.

As others though - sadly I feel there is little that can be done that will assist the situation other than trying to park elsewhere and reporting it.

If someone has the mentality to do this, they are not likely to be too reasonable. Think hard before approaching them

in all honesty, people are going to say ohh your a keyboard warrior etc.. but if i caught someone keying my car, i would happily go knock on their door, confront them tell them you saw them do it, give them a chance to apologise and pay, if not i would punch them square in the face then go kick a few panels on their car. I live in east london, you have to stand your ground otherwise it will happen more and more with people thinking they can get away with it.

• Like 4

the issue is escalation. Some people are so petty that they will keep upping the ante.

I'd do 2 things.

1) Move the car somewhere else.

2) Try and speak to him to say "I've moved my car, why didn't you just speak to me instead of causing damage to it?"

And take the conversation from there - if he's a **** he'll just laugh and go "whatever" and then just probably ignore your car from thereon in. If he's less of a **** (doubtful as he damaged your property) he'll apologise - but don't expect him to offer an reimbursement.

I've seen these sort of things escalate (not over a car but issues between neighbours) where cars were properly trashed, property damage, graffiti and random acts of vandalism. It ended up in a punch up with some serious injuries on both sides. Is it worth it? No.

Sure, it is less "manly" to not confront them, but if the problem goes away, does it matter?

I generally turn on the charm and politeness to 11 and more often than not it's always worked in my favour with an apology given, and reconciliation - not quite a friendship, but at least with someone who won't cause me problems.

Life's too short for this sort of stress.

• Like 7

the issue is escalation. Some people are so petty that they will keep upping the ante.

I'd do 2 things.

1) Move the car somewhere else.

2) Try and speak to him to say "I've moved my car, why didn't you just speak to me instead of causing damage to it?"

And take the conversation from there - if he's a **** he'll just laugh and go "whatever" and then just probably ignore your car from thereon in. If he's less of a **** (doubtful as he damaged your property) he'll apologise - but don't expect him to offer an reimbursement.

I've seen these sort of things escalate (not over a car but issues between neighbours) where cars were properly trashed, property damage, graffiti and random acts of vandalism. It ended up in a punch up with some serious injuries on both sides. Is it worth it? Hell yeah!!

Sure, it is less "manly" to not confront them, but if the problem goes away, does it matter?

I generally turn on the charm and politeness to 11 and more often than not it's always worked in my favour with an apology given, and reconciliation - not quite a friendship, but at least with someone who won't cause me problems.

Life's too short for this sort of stress.

Corrected that for you! lol

poo in a paper bag and put it on his doorstep, set the top of the bag on fire and ring his doorbell. He'll stamp on it to put the fire out.

Then you'll be the bigger man as he'll have your poo on his shoe :D

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 3

poo in a paper bag and put it on his doorstep, set the top of the bag on fire and ring his doorbell. He'll stamp on it to put the fire out.

Then you'll be the bigger man as he'll have your poo on his shoe :D

He's not got CCTV has he? ;)

• Like 1