New neighbours keyed car

Tomb

Watch the film '300' for a guide on the best course of action.

Jump into an avoidable fight you'll never win against overwhelming odds and get your ass kicked, lose your battle and your lives whilst wearing just your pants and a cape?

FTFY.

Edited by ilogikal1
  • Like 2

well my assumption is he's quite protective about the parking outside of 'his' house (they rent it) and as I stated earlier there are no parking restrictions on the road .. Before they moved in there the car would always be parked there with no issues what so ever.

Tom.

Tom I believe that you have identified the issue above. From experience I wouldn't solely rely upon the Police as it cannot be proved. I would log the complaint with the police as a record and then leave car parked in the same location with surveillance. Using your car as bait doesn't sound wise although you have to catch the geezer in the act; it sounds like he has a real issue therefore it probably wont take long for a repeat performance.

I returned late from a night out with the GF about two years ago and parked in front of a neighbours house minutes before they appeared (looking for a space). Parking is a nightmare where I live, its a terraced street with no ownership over parking spaces....its a lottery. I returned to my GF's Mini the next morning to find that it had been keyed across three panels. We tried everything to prove that it was them, politely confronted them asking if they had seen anything as they were around at the same time (recorded this via a phone in the pocket). Requested for information from other neighbours. My GF even works for the local Constabulary. We reported it, they were taken to the station and questioned but nothing could be proved.

Still to this day I frequently cross paths with who I am 99% sure did it. I feel like they know I know they did it, but it cant be proved. SO many people have stated that 'revenge is a dish best served cold' and I'd be lying by saying that I haven't considered keying their car across the same three panels to enable them to appreciate the cost implications. But is it really worth it, what would I achieve? Do I want to tarnish myself with the same brush as them - no. My father runs a garage so we drove home two of his loan cars (an old rusty Merc and focus) and left them outside of their house for months. Slightly satisfying by didn't enable us to recoup money.

Try and catch him in the act or call his bluff. IMO you dont want to alert him before catching him in the act.

Edited by Ceejay29
  • Like 1

Someone might of said this but keep your car under Surveillance and take him to small claims court for damages you will 100% win with the footage as long it's clearly him and he will have to pay for ALL court fees on top of your car fees. But make sure the cameras are off when you kick his head in

• Like 1

Someone might of said this but keep your car under Surveillance and take him to small claims court for damages you will 100% win with the footage as long it's clearly him and he will have to pay for ALL court fees on top of your car fees. But make sure the cameras are off when you kick his head in

Bad advice. Even if the footage was good enough to prove it was him, there's no such thing as a 100% win in court. All it takes is to get the wrong person on the wrong day after the night before and you can lose. The camera footage would have to be excellent (as in broadcast quality) to get a win IMHO, I've seen it happen too many times before. The CCTV should act as a deterrent, not as your proof to take him to court.

If he scratches it at night, wears a coat, the sun is in the wrong direction etc then that footage will be useless.

If he scratches it at night, the sun is in the wrong direction .

Do we need to teach you the difference between night and day again? :lol: If the sun is out at night, he either lives in one of the polar circles or something has gone badly wrong :lol:

If he scratches it at night, wears a coat, the sun is in the wrong direction etc then that footage will be useless.

To me this reads, if he scratches it at night whilst wearing a coat and the sun is in the wrong direction... :p

It's impossible to read that without hearing it in Luke's voice.

Same as if I tell you that this was written by Morgan Freeman. I bet now you're reading the rest of this, in his voice, with the pauses he leaves. Oh yes.

• Like 3

Parking in our street is pretty much as described above (without the keying) but I'm probably the worst offender in terms of hogging the space outside our house for the Z, mainly because I'm the only person in the street who regularly runs a hose out to wash their car. I usually dump the Aygo in the space when I go out in the Z. Sad I know. :)

I wouldn't ever dream of damaging someone's car for parking where I want to park though. That's proper mental.