The "Show us your garage" thread

AliveBoy

Saving for my Dura garage... Love Jason Plato's mancave.

www.duragarages.com/inspiration-gallery/

Some of those are lovely. Can only dream of having something like that. My leaky asbestos roof will have to do for now. Not that I can get the zed anywhere near it at the moment! Bet the prices of those are eye watering

• Like 1

New kitchen, or new garage.... Hmmmm 5k should do for a start 😱

You can get a four poster ramp for around 2k ;) attach the roof to it if headroom is an issue and the roof will raise up with it :D

• Like 1

These are my BEFORE

20130604_170729_zpsf46d05fb.jpg

20130604_170715_zps232d87e3.jpg

20140325_144957_zps6nrf3ttd.jpg

I'm afraid the after pics might take a while to upload.......

Like...............a few years when I get round to doing something with it. :lol:

what front lip is that mate? Will it fit OEM bumper? I like it!

Edited by Dashurik

My Zed bed is almost ready, the pit was the hardest part to do but glad I put one in now.

Any Zed owners on here need use of a pit give me a shout :)

(Stoke on Trent area)

686d1054dee1f25a3f3ba163818b37f7.jpg

9bdbc7d56085a97f2e51f8cdf4abfefe.jpg

69ec5c0fe146c5e4cea47a5331ac557d.jpg

877a5cf1eaa061f15b066a44b3131095.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Would love to do a pit, not sure how difficult it would be to dig though, whether I could get a digger in there with the roof etc.

I'll have to have a google.

I've been googling it myself :lol: . Problem seems to be if you need planning permission or not as technically you're changing the structure if anything runs through where you want it. Apparently you'd never get planning permission as the eu have banned new ones as so many people got gassed under them by running the engine over them. Not sure on the accuracy on either point though as it is only forums I've found information on so far :lol:

It's actually pretty light inside, the photo doesn't do it justice. But you're right, there's masses of work to be done on it. :)

Subject to planning, I want to extend it to the left to double it, then install a pit.

Chances are you might not need planning permission, (or building reg approval if under 30 square metres)

This link might help: http://www.planningp...dings/miniguide

• Like 1

Here's a pic of my new garage "during".

Hopefully when I get back from France on Friday it will be significantly further on .

IMG-20150515-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Lexx

It's actually pretty light inside, the photo doesn't do it justice. But you're right, there's masses of work to be done on it. :)

Subject to planning, I want to extend it to the left to double it, then install a pit.

Chances are you might not need planning permission, (or building reg approval if under 30 square metres)

This link might help: http://www.planningp...dings/miniguide

One thing to bear in mind with constructing a pit is its position relative to existing or new footings. Loads acting out at a 45 degree angle must be taken into consideration as you go down below the footings for the pit, if that makes sense. Building control are very particular about this sort of thing but as Dan says if it is retro fitted and a bit of common sense applied to constructing it, I can't see a problem.

Edited by leonk

Having to hold off building my new one. . . as the car is immobile stuck in the old one =/ hope to get my big play pen built in July also gives me a deadline to get the car back together. Liking the ideas as at the moment all I know is it will be 5m wide by 8.7m long with eves 2.4m high. The rest is all pooling in the back of my head so keep this thread going!

• Like 1