The "Show us your garage" thread

AliveBoy

It's actually pretty light inside, the photo doesn't do it justice. But you're right, there's masses of work to be done on it. :)

Subject to planning, I want to extend it to the left to double it, then install a pit.

Chances are you might not need planning permission, (or building reg approval if under 30 square metres)

This link might help: http://www.planningp...dings/miniguide

:thumbs:

The only issue I may have is that the house has already been extended once, so I need to be careful not to take it out too much further. Or do what everyone else does, and just make friends with the planning officer! :lol:

Having to hold off building my new one. . . as the car is immobile stuck in the old one =/ hope to get my big play pen built in July also gives me a deadline to get the car back together. Liking the ideas as at the moment all I know is it will be 5m wide by 8.7m long with eves 2.4m high. The rest is all pooling in the back of my head so keep this thread going!

Now that is a good sized Garage / Man Cave / Play area :thumbs:

CIMG1584_zps0f282833.jpg

That my Garage, I would personalise it a bit more but i've had it 5 years now @ £120 a month, its a bit pricey plus moving away from the area when i decide to move out will cause issues lol.

Nice open estate though. Has electric, lighting, water and a toilet block lol

Edited by -Bradders-

Garages (including pits) are exempt from Building Regs if

• its less than 30 square metres and
  • detached from the house ie not attached to it in any way

the moment you attach it, even with a covered walkway, - it doesn't matter how big or small it is - it will need regs

• Like 1

the moment you attach it, even with a covered walkway, - it doesn't matter how big or small it is - it will need regs

Yer they got me on the 30 square meter rule - O and apparently "an engineering operation" - O well got planning now - no pit on the plans though :scare:

• Like 1

- no pit on the plans though :scare:

:lol: :lol: :lol: for now

• Like 1

This is the other end of the garage now where I can finally do some work indoors!! Going to do the plenum spacer and brembo upgrade in the next week or so, I must say this thread has dampened my spirits, so many awesome garages people have, mine looks crap now :lol:

WP_000156_zpssejxu8uy.jpg

Edited by jumping350

Would love to do a pit, not sure how difficult it would be to dig though, whether I could get a digger in there with the roof etc.

I'll have to have a google.

We hired a mini and I mean tiny digger, a Kubota, £57.00 for the day and it easily went in and couldn't believe how powerful it was digging right down to about 7 feet but small enough to swing around with each bucket full and dump it's load in the skip.

7 hours from start to finish and the hole was huge for a 5 foot long pit but we were lucky as it was all clay and no rocks.

I've already got bookings from two mates to use it :)

How stable is that?

Lol :lol: i was thinking that................Dont lean backwards in a hurry

Do we need a change of name back to his original??? :lol:

Kudos to the garages :thumbs:

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

Funnily enough it's actually ok! I sat on it for a bit because I was worried it would be a death trap :lol: haven't fallen over yet *touches wood*

Do t want to know what wood you're touching in your rocker seat :lol:

Sorry dude couldn't resist. Well done on the ingenuity :thumbs:

Funnily enough it's actually ok! I sat on it for a bit because I was worried it would be a death trap :lol: haven't fallen over yet *touches wood*

Do t want to know what wood you're touching in your rocker seat :lol:

Sorry dude couldn't resist. Well done on the ingenuity :thumbs:

Not going to lie, I hadn't even thought about it and it's far more luck than judgement that it doesn't topple over backwards :lol:

• Like 1

so, yesterday I found out that my garage is missing a crucial piece of toolage... I don't own any pliers :lol:

This weeks project is to build a work bench. Any tips/advice/suggestions would be greatly received :)

Anything I should include space for? I'm clueless :lol:

I'm planning on getting some second hand kitchen units and worktop to kit out my garage... and use as a workbench etc.

funnily enough that's what I've done :lol: I'm just going to use (technical terms on the way, try to keep up) wood, to build a squarey type base for the work top so can put some stuff in/around the frame :D