!!2007 350z 313HR!!

Just got hold of a 350 313 HR and I LOVE it to bits, I need to get the hooligan out of me though because 2nd gear is the best 4 seconds of my day lol.

Picked up the car with from private seller with £1300 RAC warranty although I think this is going to be like chocolate teapot.

A few issues have been picked up the likes of the clicking rear axial and sport weld required in backbox flange coupler & the engine sometimes get close to red on temp when sitting in long traffic so I have the car at a family garage before I send it to nissan.

If anyone has any comments please fire away.

Also i am looking for some insurance friendly modifications, how do you guys get around insurance with sports exhausts.

:teeth::teeth:

Edited by chrisday1990

Just got hold of a 350 313 HR and I LOVE it to bits, I need to get the hooligan out of me though because 2nd gear is the best 4 seconds of my day lol.

Picked up the car with from private seller with £1300 RAC warranty although I think this is going to be like chocolate teapot.

A few issues have been picked up the likes of the clicking rear axial and sport weld required in backbox flange coupler & the engine sometimes get close to red on temp when sitting in long traffic so I have the car at a family garage before I send it to nissan.

If anyone has any comments please fire away.

Also i am looking for some insurance friendly modifications, how do you guys get around insurance with sports exhausts.

We don't 'get around' insurance, we tell them what we have fitted and they charge us accordingly.

Clicky axle is an easy fix, exhausts often break at that point and one of your fans isn't working, which is why your engine is getting hot.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.

As has been said earlier your problems don't sound serious.

The clicky axle and rusted flange between back box and mid pipe are such common problems they can almost be considered "part of the zed experience":lol:

The flange can be welded for around £60 or you can use it as an excuse for a new stainless system.

Sometimes a re grease of the CV joints will cure the click but if the warranty will shell out for new joints all the better.

Don't let these points put you off the car.

Happy zedding :wave:

Welcome aboard Chris. :welcome:

With regards to mods and insurance: It's best imo to be transparent with the insurance company & inform them of changes as if they find out different & you've had an accident it may void your insurance meaning no payout from them.

Every insurance company is different though so the best thing is to ring yours & see what they say ~ some will charge you a small amount like an extra £10-£15 a year for an aftermarket exhaust, some won't charge you anything extra especially as you won't see a difference performance wise (without a remap that is) but other companies will be harsher & may not even insure you if you start modding the car. :surrender:

There are also a good number of insurers (some of them on this forum) that specifically deal with modified cars so know the ins/outs of it and don't usually charge too much more than they would for the same car in standard guise. Good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. I,ve got the same car..same colour as 5th gear etc.

Such a great car I bought it back after selling it three Years ago.

The clicking axle is a simple fix ..suggest you upgrade to a s/s exhaust.

BUT beware of Zeditis....no known cure

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. I,ve got the same car..same colour as 5th gear etc.

Such a great car I bought it back after selling it three Years ago.

The clicking axle is a simple fix ..suggest you upgrade to a s/s exhaust.

BUT beware of Zeditis....no known cure

Looks like a black one in the vid ?

Welcome :)

• Like 1

Hello and :welcome: to the forum :thumbs:

As others have said, declare all your mods, there are some associate insurance companies on here, but what maybe good for one, may not be good for another. So try 'em all.

I'm afraid your insurance may just have escalated through the roof, as your car has been used for media, publishing and broadcasting..... :stir:

• 2 weeks later...