Why did you join this forum?

AliveBoy

Why did you join this forum?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you join this forum?

• To join a community of like minded individuals.
    • To sell my car/parts.
    • To buy my car/parts.
    • For help with the car/parts.
    • To rant/rave about a trader (both on or off the forum).
    • General witty banter.
    • I'm 14+/- and the school holidays were on and I wanted to "troll".
    • Advice and tips before buying a 350z or 370z.

A bit different here as I'd already owned my Zed for 3 and a half years before I joined. Just stumbled on the forum when I was browsing the Internet. Didn't join right away, the only other car forum I'd joined was the TT forum and that didn't leave a good impression TBH. So I just lurked for a week or 2 before deciding to join up.

Pete

Was lurking around the end of 2005 having bought my first ZED earlier that year.

Was keen to see if any drives were being organized and got along to the first Wales weekend in April 2006 and for me those weekends and the Scottish Hoons have been the highlights of my time on here :drive1

• Like 1

joined when i was thinking about doing my rear mount turbo to get information

but now i'm addicted like Ekona it's the first thing i check in the morning and last thing in the evening it helps that most people here don't take themselves too seriously

I always try to research as much as possible about the car I'm interested in buying ~ whilst typing into my trusty google search bar "350Z" this forum came up as probably the second or third result.

I did look at a few other 350Z/Zed/Nissan related forums but none of them even came close to this one for information, traders and a great layout, not to mention the active members.

Spent sometime as a guest before joining here shortly after buying my own Zed. B)

As you can probably tell by my post count I'm on this place daily and really enjoy it. I like spreading the knowledge I've learnt & helping others where I can but also enjoy increasing my own knowledge on things where possible.

Good rapport between fellow members and the general friendly nature of the other members is part of what makes this place just that little bit better than all the rest. :thumbs:

Edited for fear of reprisals from doogy. :lol:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 3

I signed up to get more information about 350's - glad I did, made some amazing life long friends and have had a jolly good laugh while doing so.

Been a member of a few other forums, none have been like this one . .

Pretty close to what DoogyRev said, though I'd already bought mine having loved them from afar for ages.

I found the depth of knowledge which many people share to help others with stuff phenomenal - even after 5 years I'm still learning and still enjoy it

I know that even after I join the ranks of Zedless ex-owners I'll still stay participating. (In my defence, I'm going to be an Infiniti owner so it's still sort-of in the family - OK, it's second cousin in the family but at least it's not a Jaaaag ! )

Oh - and I voted for 2 reasons i) To join a community of like minded individuals and ii) For help with the car / parts. It seemed to accept 2 marks!

And finally - the community of like minded individuals: Bearing in mind how nuts some people on here seem to be, I'm proud to say I fit right in and the "Like Minded" bit is comfortingly true

• Like 1

Having bought my Zed in 2008 I joined in 2009 to get advice and with a thought of getting to meets etc. picked up loads of advice along the way, though for some reason never got round to introducing myself and never got to any meets, until this year when zeditis finally took hold and decided to stop lurking (when it was suggested to me about selling my car as it's hardly used )and get to every meet possible. Wales , LakeZ , ZedFest to name a few. Only wish I'd done it sooner ! Six years on I'm still loving the zed and this newly found forum !

• Like 1

Is the 'other forum' the one that 'shall not be named' still going?

You don't hear anything of them these days

You've answered your own question - Yes it's still going, with a bunch of very nice, knowledgeable members (mainly 370 & GT-R owners these days), but you won't hear anything about it here because all mention of it is still banned for some weird reason - like the powers that be are afraid of something? I'd like to know if I'm wrong - or indeed what the reason is. Interestingly, mention of this forum is quite openly allowed 'over there'. Some members here are also active 'over there'.

I joined this forum because I've been fairly obsessed with Z cars for over 10 years, since the 350 first came out, and currently own a 370 (until the new Z replacement arrives).

I joined the forum to research the 370 before buying.

I've done this with most cars I've bought whether for me or not.

Once I've got the info Required I usually never go back.

I found this forum different somehow sort of addictive.

Now after 2 yrs of membership.

I've made new friend that I'm sure will last a lifetime.

Best forum ever. Ran by a great team.

• Like 2

I joined looking to get some owners feedback when I was looking to buy and also hoping to find some like minded folk! Found a great forum, with lots of interaction, great atmosphere and lots of info. I only planned on keeping the car for 6 months "fun" had it over a year now and no intention of selling, 85% of that is due to the members here :thumbs: (Awwww ;) )

• Like 2

You've answered your own question - Yes it's still going, with a bunch of very nice, knowledgeable members (mainly 370 & GT-R owners these days), but you won't hear anything about it here because all mention of it is still banned for some weird reason - like the powers that be are afraid of something? I'd like to know if I'm wrong - or indeed what the reason is. Interestingly, mention of this forum is quite openly allowed 'over there'. Some members here are also active 'over there'.

I joined this forum because I've been fairly obsessed with Z cars for over 10 years, since the 350 first came out, and currently own a 370 (until the new Z replacement arrives).

What's this "other forum"?? PM me if you can't say here

What's this "other forum"?? PM me if you can't say here

It's a savage place filled with orcs and nazgul

I believe it's located in .....

• Like 1

I signed up so that we can offer our car insurance scheme as it was geared towards car clubs. I initially met Mike, a very likeable guy, & we set it up not really knowing how it would work but quietly confident because we knew we had a good product.

Little did we know just how popular & successful it would be & so here we are years later!