New 350Z owner seeks disinterested forum members.. :)

Hey guys,.. and ladies..

Thought I would properly introduce myself.

I am a 34 year old guy from across the pond in the US. Though I guess you could call me a bit of an Anglophile (My heritage is from Glasgow (ie: Father's side has last name of McAllister lol)..) and the other side is from a little town just south of London. Was born here in the US however,.. :/

I run a 24/7 "Channel", if you will,.. that hosts only UK shows.. ie: QI, Fry and Laurie, 8/10 cats, etc.. (Not linking anything here.. that's not why I'm here. )

I'm here because of my new love..

11415440674_bf7da1019e.jpg

Yes, my new (used) 2008 350Z, got her with 26k miles,.. that's new to me, and the car is even better than I had hoped for.

Anyhow,.. I am glad to be here, and hope I won't be too much of a nuisance with my incessant questions. (Though eventually it turns around and I start giving back with DIY's and helping others with those same questions. ;) ).

Take care,

Awesome.. This forum seems very friendly. Just what I was after, and had anticipated from you UK'ers :)

I will be "Modifying" the car as the months and years go along as money and time allows. So far have done about 2 weekends worth of serious detailing (even removing panels in the engine bay and literally vacuuming and cleaning..) lol. What else.. hrmm.. I've dropped 2 K&N filters in the dual intake of the '08 motor,.. Found a perfect fit 7" antenna to replace the Fishing rod that comes factory. (Haven't posted it cause I didn't want to get scolded like other forums I've been on for posting something that's been talked about before :( ). But for $3 US it's a nice little "mod" to make the exterior just that bit more appealing/sleek, and oddly enough reception is better with it, even though it's 196mm compared to the 406mm stock antenna. -- I've already put a new set of Tires on her,.. Got a good deal on a set of Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Potenza's,.. thus balanced, mounted, and aligned (was WAY out of alignment.. had the common front low speed tire noise from misalignment previously.) -- Replaced the driver side switch panel that likes to get scratched up on the 06-08 models,.. Tinted windows,.. Rear spacers on wheels, and a Pioneer doubledin touchscreen Headunit - AVH-P4100DVD.

Coming up is replacing the stock speakers with some nice components up front, a custom sealed Sub box that fits in the factory slot behind the drivers seat, new wiring, and amp(s). Then I'll probably go for something more performance related. These cars are so awesome, and not bad to maintain,.. but for me, at least, you get bit by the bug to continue to add things to it, and/or fix minor details.. which results in a lightweight wallet. ;)

Thanks for the kind welcome, much appreciated

Oh: Edit: -- In case anyone cares. It's cloth interior,.. (I wanted it that way) -- (grey/black),.. with a 6 Speed Manual Trans.

Edited by Chromatic

Welcome!

Where abouts in the states are you based? Love the US....my dad lives in Houston and I am over at least twice a year.

Boston is my favorite city so far but New Orleans does come close ;):drunk:

Edited by 350Ad

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking car and some good initial changes. Will be interested to see the kind of parts you can get over there compared to us and the difference in price! Always think the US modders get it better than us although I may be wrong.

Edited by wizurd

:welcome:

Unusual for a a US resident to join the UK club, it's usually the other way round as the US forums have a lot of great deals and knowledge too. However the atmosphere on that forum wouldn't be quite as good as this one :)

Port up the link to that stubby, seems an absolute bargain at $3!

Awesome.. This forum seems very friendly. Just what I was after, and had anticipated from you UK'ers :)

I will be "Modifying" the car as the months and years go along as money and time allows. So far have done about 2 weekends worth of serious detailing (even removing panels in the engine bay and literally vacuuming and cleaning..) lol. What else.. hrmm.. I've dropped 2 K&N filters in the dual intake of the '08 motor,.. Found a perfect fit 7" antenna to replace the Fishing rod that comes factory. (Haven't posted it cause I didn't want to get scolded like other forums I've been on for posting something that's been talked about before :( ). But for $3 US it's a nice little "mod" to make the exterior just that bit more appealing/sleek, and oddly enough reception is better with it, even though it's 196mm compared to the 406mm stock antenna. -- I've already put a new set of Tires on her,.. Got a good deal on a set of Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Potenza's,.. thus balanced, mounted, and aligned (was WAY out of alignment.. had the common front low speed tire noise from misalignment previously.) -- Replaced the driver side switch panel that likes to get scratched up on the 06-08 models,.. Tinted windows,.. Rear spacers on wheels, and a Pioneer doubledin touchscreen Headunit - AVH-P4100DVD.

Coming up is replacing the stock speakers with some nice components up front, a custom sealed Sub box that fits in the factory slot behind the drivers seat, new wiring, and amp(s). Then I'll probably go for something more performance related. These cars are so awesome, and not bad to maintain,.. but for me, at least, you get bit by the bug to continue to add things to it, and/or fix minor details.. which results in a lightweight wallet. ;)

Thanks for the kind welcome, much appreciated

Oh: Edit: -- In case anyone cares. It's cloth interior,.. (I wanted it that way) -- (grey/black),.. with a 6 Speed Manual Trans.

Wasn't quite sure what you were saying with your choice of thread title, but nice response ^^^ and glad you find our site friendly and look forward to seeing and hearing more about your ZED :thumbs: