New 350Z owner seeks disinterested forum members.. :)

Hey Hey Welcome! Its good to have someone from across the pond! il do you a deal you find me parts for my G35 and if you need things from over here il get them for you haha

Thanks! On a serious note, if you find stuff in the US that needs a US "resident" to help things along to get it to you .. I'll be glad to help.

Welcome to the forum...

Gracious.

A manual in the states? I thought you guys didn't know how to drive manuals

Welcome along, from Glasgow

Hahah.. I'm not your typical "American".. and, I can't stand to drive Automatics. I've owned one car that was automatic, as hard as I tried to like it.. I couldn't, and had to get rid of it for a manual. Had 8 cars,.. 7 of them Manuals. Just doesn't feel right if I'm not shifting. But, in America (and much of the "western" world..) the vast majority see manuals, at best, for sports cars... and I would guess 95%+ of vehicles here are automatics now. Hurts me sometimes to see 350's and such in automatic. I had 3 criteria when I was shopping for this Z. 1) Must be Manual. 2) Must NOT be convertible, and 3) Less than 50k miles. Not too particular, but last car was convertible and I'll never buy a convertible again unless it's a secondary car (of which I can't afford but one right now).. too loud with the ragtop.. prone to leaks, and really makes the chassis looser than a coupe. (Not that I'm a track guy).

Welcome!

Merci!

:welcome:

Much appreciated.

Welcome!

Where abouts in the states are you based? Love the US....my dad lives in Houston and I am over at least twice a year.

Boston is my favorite city so far but New Orleans does come close

I am in the great city of Birmingham,.. and like you guys, who tend to give people from Birmingham, UK a tough time.. Birmingham here is the best city in this state,.. but the state is Alabama,. so we get a tough time of it as well. :)

If you visit the southeast,.. and go through Alabama,.. Only areas really worth going through are 1) Birmingham, (Highway 280 area/Summit/Galleria etc..).. 2) Huntsville (northern AL), and 3) The beach. ;)

Welcome along

Thanks mate.

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking car and some good initial changes. Will be interested to see the kind of parts you can get over there compared to us and the difference in price! Always think the US modders get it better than us although I may be wrong.

Well, these cars do come from Japan,.. but I would tend to think due to population size and sheer size of the states that we may have it better as well in variety. Costs should be fairly equal, unless you guys are having to import your mods from the US or Asia.

Hi and welcome :teeth:

Salut, and Merci, mon ami.

Unusual for a a US resident to join the UK club, it's usually the other way round as the US forums have a lot of great deals and knowledge too. However the atmosphere on that forum wouldn't be quite as good as this one

Port up the link to that stubby, seems an absolute bargain at $3!

Yeah,.. I'm a bit unusual in that regard. I value the community and people of a forum more than how "Big" it is.. I am on one other forum,.. you know the one. :)

Oh as for the Antenna -- Sure:

Here's the stock antenna .. just for before and after.

(You can click on any of these images for larger ones if need be )

11575384925_613afafcea.jpg

Here's the $3 Antenna (Believe it comes stock on Dodge Avenger?) installed:

11575385155_12b88a1995.jpg

I think it looks much better personally. Less than 1/2 the height of stock,.. And I'm particular with how things match up, and I know you guys are too. So here's a close up of where it screws into the base of the mast. It's a perfect match imo.

11575600683_d105536e60.jpg

Here's the invoice (which has part number on it, so you don't get the wrong piece if searching around for it):

11575385675_3dcd13a7dd.jpg

Apparently mine came from New Orleans :)

And if you like it -- The guy increased the price slightly.. from $3.11 to $4.74 (Still worth every cent, imo). This antenna I'd happily pay $20-30 for,.. because it looks so much better and , for ME, gets better reception oddly enough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-OEM-5064253AB-Antenna-/190926608350?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c741cd7de&vxp=mtr

No, that's not me selling it hehe. You can find that thing using the part number on all kinds of websites, Car part places,.. Dodge and I think even Chevrolet dealerships , etc. Ebay is certainly not where you have to buy it,.. it was just easy for me to click a button and the cheapest I found after shopping around for 5 minutes.

Edited by Chromatic

Be sure to give me a shout when you are coming to Glasgow so I can put a requests in for you to bring parts

Thanks for the welcome. Heh, I am actually going to visit the UK sometime in the next 12-18months (if things go as planned),.. and I am considering emigrating permanently to the UK,.. already have quite a few friends over there, but mostly because I really think I'd enjoy living there more than the US. Might take me 6-7+ years to get my citizenship (and I think US makes you renounce your US citizenship.. typical..) but,.. that's a ways off, and many things have to fall into place for it to happen.

Wasn't quite sure what you were saying with your choice of thread title, but nice response ^^^ and glad you find our site friendly and look forward to seeing and hearing more about your ZED

I was just being "different" and silly with the title. With threads like this most people are just like.. oh humm.. boring. So I said "seeking disinterested forum members" ;) No disrespect meant.

:welcome: it's not often you hear of our friends from the US using "stick shift"

Yeah that's the second time I've gotten that in this thread,.. as you can see in my response above,.. I am a manual/stick shift guy for life apparently.

Welcome

Thank you very much.

Best intro I've read for a while, welcome along even if you have deserted us :)

Nice of you to say,.. appreciate it. You will find I am a bit wordy when I type (not like that face to face..),.. so just fair warning that my posts will be longer than average. I'm used to TL:DR responses ;)

And.. no, definitely haven't deserted this place. Just didn't think to check this thread out, frankly I didn't expect quite this welcome. Makes me feel like I'm in the right place. I'll be spending much more time here!

Welcome . where abouts are you situated? I have a few colleagues spread over the US and get to pop over with work now and again.

Thanks, and Birmingham, Alabama. Yes, I'm in the south,.. no I'm not a redneck. :) (Do have a bit of the accent of course.)

Welcome to the forums and most of us are a friendly bunch You always get the village idiots ( you know who you are ) Tidy looking Zed you have

Thanks, and appreciate the compliment on the Z (or shall I call it appropriately the Zed? ;) )

:welcome: Don't worry about topics that have been covered before, we love pictures of any modifications, including stubby aerials

Fantastic! The post above this one I , as requested, showed and linked the antenna "mod" for a few dollars.

Think I've covered all the responses, wow! Appreciate this warm welcome everyone!

Welcome along :). The U.S.A allows dual citizenship with The U.K, so you don't have to renounce your citizenship, the only proviso is that when travelling into The U.S.A you must use your American passport and you cannot get any consular help from The U.K while in America. If either of your parents were born in The U.K then citizenship is normally granted fairly quickly, if it's one of your grandparents then you can still apply but it can take a fair bit longer.

Pete

Welcome along :). The U.S.A allows dual citizenship with The U.K, so you don't have to renounce your citizenship, the only proviso is that when travelling into The U.S.A you must use your American passport and you cannot get any consular help from The U.K while in America. If either of your parents were born in The U.K then citizenship is normally granted fairly quickly, if it's one of your grandparents then you can still apply but it can take a fair bit longer.

Pete

Thanks.

Not sure on the grandparents.. I think it was "great" grandparents who were born in UK. That's a stretch lol.

So,.. my citizenship would be based on time 'served' or how long I lived in the UK.. "Naturalization" I believe. From what I read there is no dual citizenship if you have no parents, etc born there..

From what I read there is no dual citizenship if you have no parents, etc born there..

Hmm, If you've heard of David Soul of Starsky and Hutch then he has dual nationality despite having no connection with the U.K before he came to live here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Soul

However, this site here says you may lose citizenship, it's all rather unclear really.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1753.html

Pete

Welcome Along :wave:

I'm on your side of the pond also . . although a touch further north :teeth:

What's that all aboot, eh? I suppose Canada? :D --

Thank you.

I'll add you to this if you like - nice to expand the map a bit more

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72832-location-location-location-maps/

http://maps.yourgmap.com/v/7_1me_350z-370z-uk.html

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you.

I'll add you to this if you like - nice to expand the map a bit more

http://www.350z-uk.c...-location-maps/

http://maps.yourgmap...0z-370z-uk.html

Welcome aboard :)

Again, thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

And yes, please add me, Vlad.

Not sure what you need -- but my address is: REMOVED

Take care,

Edited by DoogyRev
Removed you Address . . public forum and all that