Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

I think they are those offsets, but knew they'd fit like a glove on the 20/25 spacers. Although to be fair they could be dropped in just a little like you say. So maybe put the 20 on the back and drop to a 15 on the front. Something to consider for sure.

I saw this and went to check mine as I was certain mine are already a snug fit and sure enough they are (without spacers). I'm tempted to try 15/20's now but then I think I'd need tyres with a 'flatter' wall.

• 2 months later...

Good luck! We won't see you in Wales of you start before then! :D

3 months? Its possible..... How hard is it to swap an engine :lol: you seem to have a SC done in a day, so maybe two for an engine?

Tony, it maybe cool but it will open many cans full of worms.

:yahoo: :yahoo:

I feel the same way. :teeth:

B)

Are you going to polish it first? :stir:

What do you think....... YES :lol:

Just need to sort the logistics, you're closest to Stanstead aren't you Adrian. Mind collecting it for me? Got a stupendous shipping quote $580!! When he said Chelmsford, I said Chelmsford UK and not America :lol: - so that's Stanstead Airport me and a van, and hopefully a fork lift truck.

Edited by Wasso

is that $580 by air or boat?

You know boat can take up to 3 months :lol:

Unless Stanstead Airport has a shipping port I'd say air :lol:

Ian, if you need any plates laser cut for your mountings give me a shout our new 6.5Kw laser cuts up to 20mm in mild steel,

Thanks for the kind offer matey, I'll be sorting a lot of the info and guides from Bizz, which we've been in comm's since he started his own project. So depending on his recommendations I'll take whatever is the best option, whether for fabrication and parts etc. but will def give you a nod if needed :)

This kinda feels like a house re-development, where you enter the unknown and unsure of the final outcome or cost. I've budgeted £12k all in, which will cover everything from Engine, ECU, Fabrication and additional parts. This means she will finally come off the road and stop being used as my daily commuter which at the moment I'm doing 500 miles a week in her.

The engine has 18k miles on the clock so she's nicely run in. Just need to sort out some trick cams and build everything around her.

So errrr watch this space...... :thumbs:

• Like 1