Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

My task between now and June is to polish as many parts on the engine which will are visible, to continue the ongoing trend in my life.

Nice English :lol:

I'm excited to see this! If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know :)

I amended the text but didn't check again that it made sense...... :lol: I'll blame the iphone like everyone else does.

Shame this is going to take so long..... looking forward to the results and the full list of parts required ;)

In the process now of discussing the necessary with Bizz, my LS3 guru! Meeting with Zed Shed director next weekend to set the plans, format, potential timescales, discuss issues etc. It may take a while, but to be fair I'd rather get it right first time than make mistakes costing £££ and wasting time. Okay I'm sure there's going to be problems, but there's always an answer, which a hammer or angle grinder can't fix.

Good to see this happening, I have something vaguely similar-ish to what I have in mind but it's not just the engine... I wonder about all of the other parts working out, and of course - total cost :surrender:

Lets put this on a comparison - plan = 500bhp, with the VQ you're looking at 20k after all parts, rebuild and suitable tuning. Compare that with the LS3 and I'm looking at £14k'ish, well that's my initial budget.

So it all may sound a bit expensive, but in relation to the VQ it works out cheaper and personally more reliable.

We shall see though, I'm speculating...... :)

• Like 3

Yer but take the budget and double it :lol:

We shall see though I did the 500WHP with a VQ and now will be "assisting" Wasso (along with the entire Zed Shed crew) in his LS3 conversion so it will be interesting to see the results.

Whatever happens if it all works he will have the V8 sound :cloud9: and a torque curve that will give my Zed a problem to stay with.

Of course mine is up and running and I can drive her Wasso now gets to drive "something sensible" for a good few months while this all happens.

To top it all I can't get him to agree to paint it Green when he is finished so it's never gonna be as good as mine anyway :p:lol:

• Like 3

lol @ Chris

I can't have Green, it doesn't match my eyes. Plus!! Blue is the fastest colour at the minute until I find some further funds for Candy Apple Red :)

I agree budgets can be doubled very easily, but to be fair, there's not a great deal to purchase which is going to be hugely expensive. ECU is going to be about the only expensive part.....

The wallet will open further if it needs to......

Cheers Chris :thumbs:

Well what would you know the problems have started already - that's the problem with these type of projects ;)

So Wasso arranges delivery to Bob's garage - Bob moves the cars off the drive and leaves a key with me as he is out at work.

Delivery driver calls me to say he is there - I jump in the truck with Mrs Keyser and make the 2 minute journey round the corner to Busters Garage

First thing the delivery driver says is - We have a problem ... :scare:

The pallet truck won't fit under the pallet - O great!!!!! The pallet is about 4 feet wide and twice as long and the way it is boxed you can only get into it from one end with a forklift :doh:

Now I expected the delivery driver to be the typical jobs worth and say something along the lines of "well if you haven't got a fork lift its back to the depot with this"

But no he asked if we had a hammer - we found one - tried to beat the bottom bar out of the way - not happening ..... Hmmmmmm

So then with 2 scaffold planks a brick a block of wood the use of the pallet truck as a jack we got all 460KG's on the pallet truck using Mrs Keyser as a counter balance we even turned it long ways and got it into the garage.

On his return home Bob called to ask if Wasso had in fact bought the whole car and had it shipped back :lol:

So meet Paul - the most helpful delivery driver I have ever met

IMAG0432_zpsae976ee4.jpg

:clap:

Busters now un-useable garage -

IMAG0433_zps86d22ad5.jpg

To be unveiled soon ........................................

Back over to you Ian ;)

• Like 4

:lol: you never told me you had issues, but Paul looks pleased with himself, so that's stage 1 out of 401,923 (as I'm sure it will go a little like that).

Heading down for the "Project C6 350z" meeting on Friday and during Saturday.

Thanks Mr and Mrs Keyser, including Bob and Netti for the honourable receiving goods on my behalf and of course the storage.

Saturday we shall take the lid off the box, take some pics, and take some parts off for polishing and to see what other surprises are in the box.

EXCITED ISN'T A WORD THAT DESCRIBES HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW :yahoo:

• Like 2