Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

• 3 weeks later...

Ok now that house moving is out the way and life settles down again I received two packages, one which opened at work (left) but the other was my Suzi's surprise especially after reaching 100,000 miles today.

So what's in the box on the right?

5CDC23A9-53D5-4DF6-8787-6A7DCF1EF5D5_zpsnfw8kczl.jpg

It contains a whopping 1,650 watts RMS of musical bliss.

57BCE12B-94E5-40DF-9739-E15C270D6A46_zpszkq7khmz.jpg

C6C40AB7-EEDA-477F-8EBC-AA99F2E5FEEE_zpslsf2rrre.jpg

This is tied in with the Audison AV Bit IN will provide the remaining connection between the ipad and a FULL Digital Audio System.

4F13D8C4-73DD-45C5-B810-9079DD9CD004_zpsrasz5go6.jpg

F6E5F334-9CC0-4511-A7C3-4A23458B0E2C_zpspamkwdee.jpg

I'll only be using 1050 watts of the system, which should be plentiful. But will mean that I'll possibly swap the sub for something more substantial as that will be driven by 600 watts on its own. Should be interesting.

Suzi comes off the road during August with my daily commuter which will prob be a C270d for those motorway miles but I doubt it'll provide the smiles.

Install of the above over the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1

You are going to need the extra V8 power just too pull these electronics around! You may need to consider a supercharged V8 if you want to improve the performance ;)

I have already considered this, which I'm thinking the Whipple producing 603bhp at the hubs and I think it's 550tq. $7-8000 for the kit, delivery and customs, including fitting and tuning I'd say around £7-8k - I can then pull a fuel tanker around, as it's likely to burn a whole load more fuel :lol:

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1

You are going to need the extra V8 power just too pull these electronics around! You may need to consider a supercharged V8 if you want to improve the performance ;)

I have already considered this, which I'm thinking the Whipple producing 603bhp at the hubs and I think it's 550tq. $7-8000 for the kit, delivery and customs, including fitting and tuning I'd say around £7-8k - I can then pull a fuel tanker around, as it's likely to burn a whole load more fuel :lol:

Sounds.......ummmmmmm..............PERFECT!!!

• Like 1

I'm going to see of how the LS performs first with trick cams, headers, exhaust etc. get used to the power then decide.

should be entertaining

When are you expecting to getting a work car (with the v8)?

Sourcing my daily chugger this month, then Suzi will be off the road. I'm hopefully going for a modest C270d Merc.

I'm going to see of how the LS performs first with trick cams, headers, exhaust etc. get used to the power then decide.

should be entertaining

Sourcing my daily chugger this month, then Suzi will be off the road. I'm hopefully going for a modest C270d Merc.

Good luck with the search mate :)

should be entertaining

You may grow to love the ride comfort and the fuel economy :D

should be entertaining

But it will be DULL!!

Saving money though by doing so and putting that cash towards the SC B)

should be entertaining

But it will be DULL!!

Saving money though by doing so and putting that cash towards the SC B)

oh yes it will be.... but worth it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

great build. excellent reading. Im after the same "Z" as youve got on the rear strut bar. Where did you get the emblem (letter) from???

cheers

The Z is made by Tommy Kaira and are rare as rocking horse poo on Mars. They aren't cheap either being that they're so rare.

I've got two, one was from the UK and the other from America.

• 3 weeks later...