Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

I feel bad for you Ian, your bank must be hurting. I really want to know what the conversation was with your misses to get her to allow you to spend this sort of cash :lol:

This is a very touchy subject.......

Me and the Mrs don't talk about purchases for the car. If we did, the Zed would be sold by now, and I'd be locked in the cellar with a big bag of spuds and a peeler!! :scare:

To be fair, I'm likely to spend the same cost of the engine over the coming 2-3 months, which 1) my bank manager doesn't yet know about, but there's some funds in reserve. 2) The Mrs must never find out, regarding anything that "happens" to the car. (She will know about the engine, but not the cost)

3) Bonus time comes at Xmas, so hopefully a tidy sum to keep the major costs less painful.

I've also purchased a Kaaz diff just recently, the Ksports + painting, the wheels. Then I've got future costs of ECU, Sikky Conversion Kit and Fabrication costs (headers/exhaust)

It will be worth it in the end...... well I keep saying that to myself just to keep the tears of financial pain at bay :lol:

• Like 2

Fair play mate, I mean you could of spent the same money and being in something really nice but this will be something a bit special. I doubt(I hope) you would ever do something as drastic to another car again so may as well go the full way. Just don't do what half the forum does these days, finishes the job then sells up 2 weeks later!!

• Like 1

Fair play mate, I mean you could of spent the same money and being in something really nice but this will be something a bit special. I doubt(I hope) you would ever do something as drastic to another car again so may as well go the full way. Just don't do what half the forum does these days, finishes the job then sells up 2 weeks later!!

The plan is to keep her running the LS for 2 years.

I then have a super crazy idea, which is to remove the engine, and then go for a "home build" Ultima GTR, with said LS engine. At least that way I get the full use out of the engine, not just in one single car.

It's a crazy idea as I'm not a mechanic, but I have a facility close to home where I can store the "parts" try and build the car over a period of a year say, and then pay a mechanic to build it for me :lol:

Well, that's the plan anyway......

• Like 1

I then have a super crazy idea, which is to remove the engine, and then go for a "home build" Ultima GTR, with said LS engine. At least that way I get the full use out of the engine, not just in one single car.

It's a crazy idea as I'm not a mechanic, but I have a facility close to home where I can store the "parts" try and build the car over a period of a year say, and then pay a mechanic to build it for me :lol:

We love you Ian :love:
  • Like 2

I guess that's in support of my mid life crisis ideas.

It's achievable but during the 2 years the LS is on the Zed, I'll have to save like crazy. The initial cost of the engine is covered, the cost of the kit is £16k, you've then probably got about £15k of additional parts/paint/blah.

That will then be the end of my mid life crisis lol

• Like 1

Such an epic build though will be a crazy one off car! What colour you getting the wheels? I like the matte red

Well, in keeping with the current look they are standard grey from Forgestar. I saw no point in getting a custom colour as I'm not 100% sure on what colour the Zed will end up. I really love the metallic/anodised red look. But, would look rubbish with Azure.

I may go shadow chrome maybe.

It's still to be decided. First priority is the engine, then bodywork, then wheels. Brakes are going on before the engine swap.

Just don't do what half the forum does these days, finishes the job then sells up 2 weeks later!!

Why not? :shrug:

Half the fun is building them :thumbs:

AND I get to have a go at building this one :yahoo:

Just hope Wasso's expectations are not to high - you know wanting the engine the right way round and that sort of thing ;)

• Like 1

Just don't do what half the forum does these days, finishes the job then sells up 2 weeks later!!

Why not? :shrug:

Half the fun is building them :thumbs:

AND I get to have a go at building this one :yahoo:

Just hope Wasso's expectations are not to high - you know wanting the engine the right way round and that sort of thing ;)

I hope you've not been in close company of Bennett?

Will be ringing Phoenix tomorrow to discuss the 12th Dec. They appear to be up for the challenge. No issues with any of the projected work.

I'll be honoured for Sir Keyser and of course Bobster and team to assist in the build :notworthy:

• Like 1

We love you Ian :love:

Never realised you lived close to Keyser :lol:
  • Like 2

.......... Never realised you lived close to Keyser :lol:

I dunno if you noticed but he has moved 3 times in the last year each time he gets a bit closer - can't wait 'till the house next door comes up for sale :lol:

• Like 2

.......... Never realised you lived close to Keyser :lol:

I dunno if you noticed but he has moved 3 times in the last year each time he gets a bit closer - can't wait 'till the house next door comes up for sale :lol:

I thought he was just trying to avoid the ta xman or something :lol:

Edited by Darren-B

• 2 weeks later...