Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Well it's taken my 3 years to get my act together and get some 19's.

I recently purchased Darren's old set, where they've been powdercoated Anthracite. MPSS 2's are being fitted along with a full geo setup.

So she's at the garage as we speak and I'll drop some photo's up later.

Quite looking forward to the change......

Well, yesterday didn't go as well as expected.

The car went in yesterday as above, but received a phone call mid day with a "problem". Mr Wasso, I'm afraid your nearside Toe Adjustment Bolt has sheered off!! :scare:

Okay we're talking Eibach here, and was only fitted less than 18 months ago. Not pleased and now speaking to our South East Emergency service (Darren-B). There's a chance Adrian (Octet) has a bolt, but it turns out because the bolt has no hex, it'll need to be drilled out. This could potentially make a mess of the bush, and so a full replacement is required. To note, Adrian was prepared to deliver the bolt down to me in Chiswick taking time out of his day to do so B)

"Mr Wasso, I'm afraid there's a 4-6 week waiting time for a new bush and bolt from Nissan Japan"

So on the phone and by mail to various people, where I managed to score a huge success with Ewen at Clark Motorsport. Not only does he have the replacement bolt, but also holds the SPL line of bushes, which I have already on my car elsewhere on the suspension. So at 4pm yesterday Ewen has taken my order, sorted out the parts and they're winging their way down south.

Here's a pic of the bolt with no hex :rant:

null_zpse8186934.jpg

So now I've got the problem of heading home 85 miles, so an emergency call to a local car hire company where I'm given a god awful Vauxhall Astra (a little tip here, don't buy one, they're crap).

So my car was now resting overnight securely in their garage.

null_zps0cc70624.jpg

So this morning I've tracked the packages and both have now arrived and the mechanic is beavering away as we speak to get the bush and bolts replaced and finally the alignment. This could have been a very different story, but if it wasn't for Ewen rising to the occasion with such short notice I'd be without a car for days. So I praise you highly on providing such an EPIC service. B):yahoo:

So that's the eventful news out the way and onto the pleasure part.......

Herewith the LMGT4's powdercoated Anthracite with MPSS 2's. Please excuse my filthy car, all due to the recent crap weather!!!

null_zps4b8ba209.jpg

null_zps677f7b8f.jpg

I'm now just waiting on my Motordyne V3 ART Pipes ready to Yaaaaaaaarp just that little bit more.

:)

Looking good! I love the LMGT4s... going to suit your zed really well! Looking forward to seeing it when she's all shiny, shame on you for letting her get so filthy!

Cheers matey, the biggest problem I have now whilst living in the country is the amount fo mud on the roads, flooding and leaves. So my journey to work is littered with dirt. Plan A - is to take her off the road over winter and purchase a 4x4 for when the snow comes. The amount of people that have said "get prepared to be snowed in, it happens a lot here" GREAT!!! :surrender:

Nice wheels in a great colour! ;)

Cheers - I didn't want to go against the grain of my current setup :lol:

Glad I could help Ian and that you got it all sorted :)

All sorted now thanks and you have been a legend of service and customer service.

Get some decent wheel bolts on it man! You have had those off blue ones for ages :lol:

Patience is a virtue my friend, already sourced, but I don't think I'll have these on for very long as I'm going to chuck winter tyres on the 18's. So the nuts may as well stay for the short term where the new ones will go on after winter.

Anyway news update.

Just picked her up, where I took my slim card along to pay for the bill. OMG!!

I'm expecting the following:

Tyres £1,250

Alignment £200 (major adjustment)

2 Hrs for removing old toe bush and replacing with new SPL bits

So lets call that £1,600 as a round figure.

Read......

Here it comes......

£1,150.00 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bargain basement deal of the century. He said we won't charge you for today as it wasn't your fault the bolt snapped. I said yeah, but it wasn't your fault either?! Either way I slipped the mechanic £30 for a few beers.

I'll be going back that's for sure.

That is all for today. :)

Ha ha t'was a deal huh. I was gobsmacked!!

I think I'll get them to fit my Yaaaaaaaarp sound enhancer! ADRIAAAAAAAAN!!!!

The wheels will take some getting used to, as I've had my Rays for 4 years, kind got to love them in their own way. Glad I've gone 19's as it does make a difference. We shall see how the handling goes on the way home. ;) (Well my 1 mile journey to the hotel) :lol: might make a sneaky detour.

Cheers Will, apologies I've not replied to your PM its all been a bit hectic at the minute. Didn't leave work till 8:30 (another 12hrs). Will reply from work its easier than doing a load of typing on an iPhone. lol

I'll also pop up replies to comments above at the same time :blush:

Looking great Ian :thumbs:

Cheers matey :)

Love the colour of the LMGT4's :thumbs: Are they ET25/30?

Also what spacers are you running? I took my 20/25's of as I thought they poked out a little too much

I think they are those offsets, but knew they'd fit like a glove on the 20/25 spacers. Although to be fair they could be dropped in just a little like you say. So maybe put the 20 on the back and drop to a 15 on the front. Something to consider for sure.

congrats Ian... B)

Cheers Bob'o!

I think I'll get them to fit my Yaaaaaaaarp sound enhancer! ADRIAAAAAAAAN!!!!

What do you waaaaaant agaaaaaain? Your YAAAARP pipes are @ RT-P from Thursday last week!!! :lol:

What use are they to me at RTP, so much for an International tradesman :stir:

Nothing worse when something goes wrong after already spending money on wheels and tyres, glad it wasn't to big a deal. Was worth it too, big difference, need to update that signature soon as thats not what your car looks like :lol::thumbs:

I'd love to update my signature, but as I get zero time for pleasure these days, and the roads I live down are full of country mud it gets a little tough to get some pics. Thing is, I clean the car, go for a drive to a location and she's covered in crap within seconds. I should really get some good pics done that's for sure. Although I need a new camera lens as I'm still using the standard cannon lens with the camera, need to make a purchase :)

Welcome to the LM club Ian, You've nearly taken as long as me!

Thanks matey, to be honest I've never been a huge fan of the LMG's, but as Adrian powdercoated his, they make a huge difference, so to save me £2,000 it was easier to just get the LMG's. I don't think I could stand spending £3k+ on a set of rims from America to then sell them here for peanuts.

• Like 1

I think they are those offsets, but knew they'd fit like a glove on the 20/25 spacers. Although to be fair they could be dropped in just a little like you say. So maybe put the 20 on the back and drop to a 15 on the front. Something to consider for sure.

That's what I thought, I tried putting the 20's on the rear to see what they looked like but decided to leave them all off in the end for fear of curbage!

Think I took some pictures, can post them up (if I can find them!) when I get home.