Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

They've done all they can without modifying the Motordyne, which could invalidate my warranty.

Need to try with standard cats on then see if it fits. If not then send it back to Motordyne.

What a ball ache.

They've done all they can without modifying the Motordyne, which could invalidate my warranty.

Need to try with standard cats on then see if it fits. If not then send it down to Keyser.

What a ball ache.

Fixed that for you :thumbs:

:sorry:

I'm just green with envy really - Can't see the CAT's making any difference - a blow torch and a big bar would get it there - but as you say warranty issue!

Hope you work it out mate.

Well, the Japspeed being super high quality could be miss aligning the rest of the system.

Motordyne make the kit to fit like oem, so in order to see if the exhaust is at fault or the decats we shall need to put oem cats on to see. If it fits its clearly the Japspeed decats. If it doesn't fit we know its the exhaust.

Time, effort, money.....

All in the love of our cars!

Nooooooo, bad luck mate. I had a similar thing with the hfcs on rosie, you build your hopes up high then there is the complication and you come crashing back down.

Hope you manage to sort it and it will be worth itin the end

Well we need to work out where the issue is coming from first. I agree a friggin great big downer considering I took the day off purposely for this.

Starting to hate Motordyne.....

As pointed out to me, the XYZ forms I to a single section through the tunnel mid way. So any issues in the decats won't show.

The TDX has a silencer which now fits in this space but pushed to one side. In order to reclaim from MD would mean testing with oem cats because that's how it was designed. If it doesn't fit thereafter clearly the MD have made an error.

Kindly Darren-B has lent me some spare cats he has and have already been packaged and checked in for collection tomorrow.

We shall see what happens, but I seriously believe CS from looking at how the Zorst sits.

Gota say though, the 4" tail pipes are friggin huge and I'll need to make some rear bumper modifications to accommodate.

Dont want to make you spend more money, but after spending a heap of money on the exhaust its a bit criminal mating them up to some Japspeed pipes....C'mon :)

Its a decat Matt, doesn't need to be over engineered. Simple pipe. It was suggested by Abbey and fitted the bill during the XYZ.

We shall see what happens. It may mean taking on some HFC's or other brand of straight pipes or even maybe some custom ones?

Did the exhaust parts come labelled as to where they go?

I remember my Invidia had all the sections labelled "Driver Side" and "Passenger Side", which had to be swapped around as their cars are left had drive and ours are right hand drive.

Just wondering if it was the same case with MotorDyne.

As pointed out to me, the XYZ forms I to a single section through the tunnel mid way. So any issues in the decats won't show.

The TDX has a silencer which now fits in this space but pushed to one side. In order to reclaim from MD would mean testing with oem cats because that's how it was designed. If it doesn't fit thereafter clearly the MD have made an error.

Kindly Darren-B has lent me some spare cats he has and have already been packaged and checked in for collection tomorrow.

We shall see what happens, but I seriously believe CS from looking at how the Zorst sits.

Gota say though, the 4" tail pipes are friggin huge and I'll need to make some rear bumper modifications to accommodate.

Do you need any pics of my set up to see what yours should be like?

Any help i'll do the best i can to provide, But yeah, if the cats are off even slightly then say goodbye to the rest of the exhaust fitting properly!

You'll love it im sure of it and it will fit with the OEM cats, i have some DE Cats from Abbey which had HR flanges fitted and mine is slightly off to one side, but still fits great as it does have a little bit of give in the design.

Hope it does turn out to be the cats and not the system. Would be a shame. And a lot of messing about if you had to send it back to the US

Agreed one big hefty ball ache. Considering I had to wait so bloody long for it. If it don't fit then I'm going to deliver the exhaust up Tony's jack!! (Tony @ MD that is).

Via Tarmac, he's already been prepped with the info so far.

Thing is they're hand made by what I understand, so to be perfectly honest there's a 'chance' there could be human error.

The car is on the ramps as we speak.

We have some news.....

The crapspeed decats are the cause.

We now have a new problem. The tail pipes don't fit the chargespeed diffuser. :doh:

Need to have a chat with RT to make a custom chargespeed by the look of things.