Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

YAY Callipers have arrived!!!! :#1:

68834f2d.jpg

But!! Like some of the useless companies out there I've dealt with I'm continually finding idiots!!

Here we go again. 2 Callipers have marks on them. One was caused by two slash marks that had gone through the bubble wrap, yet no damage to the box?

The second calliper had damage before being wrapped.

db9ff9d0.jpg

493bd1ea.jpg

10c0f2f0.jpg

7705ad68.jpg

e7d19cf5.jpg

So two callipers are going back AGAIN!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

If they don't get it right this time I'll be asking for a full refund from Godspeed Brakes.

I give up!

Thats crazy do they not have quality control in these places

This is my email to them (pics won't be included as its direct from my phone)

I've put it politely but the next message will be escalated to Ricey.

Hi Ben,

Just wanted to say thanks for sending across my callipers.

I moved the delivery date to today as I wouldn't be home but now received.

I feel bad for sending this mail but have no alternative and feel rather annoyed as quality control as per your terms of business is not occurring.

Basically I removed the first calliper from the box and unwrapped. All ok.

The second calliper that I removed from the box I instantly noticed two small slashes in the bubble wrap. I looked at the depth of the two slashes before unwrapping and could see the calliper clearly through the bubble wrap. The slashes were from a sharp object. I checked the box and there would be no reason to assume it was damaged by the courier.

I then unwrapped the calliper to find this.

Now, I was quite disappointed at this point considering the issues and having to return the callipers previous to this delivery.

So I now open the remaining two parcels, and on the last calliper I find this

Well at least 2 out of 4 callipers are ok. In fact the finish is far better than before so I thank you for that.

So I guess these two callipers will need to be sent back you for further correction.

I don't know who is checking these before they are wrapped as the one without the slashes was damaged before being wrapped. 

If you can please accept receipt of this email, as previous emails have either not been received or ignored as I've never yet received a reply from my messages.

Secondly I am now having to foot more postal costs. I guess I'll have to write that off.

I'll be honest I expected a lot more from a reputable company as well as being recommended by a fellow 350z member. I spoke to him about these issues and was very surprised.

Can we please be 3rd time lucky as I'm getting rather tired of having to wait all this time in getting my callipers finished. I could have gone to a local company whom was cheaper but I've chosen Godspeed by recommendation.

Please please please can the two defected callipers be corrected ASAP. I have a show 14th July so if you could please ensure they are done by then as I would like to show them off. On a positive note the other two callipers appear to be perfect.

I will arrange for these to be sent ASAP and will call to confirm receipt.

Thanks

Ian

They should pay the postal costs and the fact they have not replyed to your messages makes it worse, hope you get it sorted mate

Me too, it's been kinda painful so far. Just want them all done so I can fit them, and sell on my old ones!

• 2 months later...

Great thread Ian. Found it after you linked to it in another post and has been an interesting read as I've seen your car in the flesh at meets, but it was good to read it/your history together.

What was the outcome of the caliper issue(s)?

Well, received the two back which went for correction number 2, and one calliper was imprinted with the bubble wrap.

So that calliper went back a month ago and due to come back next week. So they will hopefully get fitted before the meet with Keyser.

Well, received the two back which went for correction number 2, and one calliper was imprinted with the bubble wrap.

So that calliper went back a month ago and due to come back next week. So they will hopefully get fitted before the meet with Keyser.

FFS!! "We paint we post" :bang::bang::thumbdown:

Tell me about it Mr G, traders eh :rant:

Although once I swap callipers I'll be creating a very limited edition one off set of callipers that will be stripped and polished!! B)

Now that sounds interesting B)

Although Ian.... with those new calipers, you realise you will need some new alloys to compliment them :blush:;)

I couldn't even tell you the make if them, but know they are PHAT!!!

Keyser is storing them for me till I'm next down, then I'll test fit and decide. If not it'll be option 2.

Oh, the spare set of Volk RE30's that nobody knows about :lol:

Shhhhhhhhh!!!! :ninja:

They may not fit under my arches and may not like them when fitted, but in one way I hope I love them.

Plan B the WEDS will be purchased instead, along with the Motordyne TDX V2 Zorst :cloud9:

I couldn't even tell you the make if them, but know they are PHAT!!!

Keyser is storing them for me till I'm next down, then I'll test fit and decide. If not it'll be option 2.

Oh, the spare set of Volk RE30's that nobody knows about :lol:

Shhhhhhhhh!!!! :ninja:

They may not fit under my arches and may not like them when fitted, but in one way I hope I love them.

Plan B the WEDS will be purchased instead, along with the Motordyne TDX V2 Zorst :cloud9:

If they fit on Keysers, then they should fit on yours. He hasn't widened the arches has he?

I'm thinking more the case of the drop in suspension.

We'll see. They're super wide!!!!!

But yes Keser has Arch extenders.

Stop with the excuses and make them fit. You know you won't get the Volks at this kinda price anywhere.

I dunno what they are going for, but I'm sure it's not gonna be new price at £3K.

GET IT DONE!

I'm thinking more the case of the drop in suspension.

We'll see. They're super wide!!!!!

But yes Keser has Arch extenders.

Stop with the excuses and make them fit. You know you won't get the Volks at this kinda price anywhere.

I dunno what they are going for, but I'm sure it's not gonna be new price at £3K.

GET IT DONE!

Thing is I like to be individual, and the WEDS SA60M haven't come to the UK, so a bit of exclusivity is what I'm after.