Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Why does it look like your boot isn't shut? Is that to do with the fitment of the rear bumper?

It's because my boot is Carbon and doesn't have the weight behind it to seal against the rubber around the lip of the hatch. I'm in the process of having my boot catch shortened because I've lifted the lock as high as I can. This should make it look better fitment.

Your engine bay is looking very impressive Wasso, I really like B) Look forward to seeing the that shiny engine bay in Wales :#1:

I think once the Rare JDM harness is fitted with ARC catch and braided hoses oh and plenum bolts I'll be nearing completion with the engine bay. Already started my engine bay cleaning, it's surprising how dirty it gets in there.

Wow impressively shiny B) looking good there!

Cheers, it's taken a lot of man hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing setup and looks. Got to be my fav Z. Just a quick question on the old Eibach's? Was it the pro or sport line kit fitted? Drop was perfect.

Cheers :thumbs: , at least some people like it :lol:

The Eibach's were fantastic to be fair and I'll praise them as one of my favourite mods since moving to Meister R. It makes you realise that spending £200 on a mod that doesn't just give a spot on ride height but a cornering and ride upgrade at the same time. Really worth the money. They were the Pro version and will be up for sale once I get them taken off my old suspension but I've been pretty busy.

There's now only 8 days left prior to Wales, need to get finish the car off and get her ready. That's if this flippin rain will ever stop :angry:

Amazing setup and looks. Got to be my fav Z. Just a quick question on the old Eibach's? Was it the pro or sport line kit fitted? Drop was perfect.

Cheers :thumbs: , at least some people like it :lol:

The Eibach's were fantastic to be fair and I'll praise them as one of my favourite mods since moving to Meister R. It makes you realise that spending £200 on a mod that doesn't just give a spot on ride height but a cornering and ride upgrade at the same time. Really worth the money. They were the Pro version and will be up for sale once I get them taken off my old suspension but I've been pretty busy.

There's now only 8 days left prior to Wales, need to get finish the car off and get her ready. That's if this flippin rain will ever stop :angry:

I have a garage in a dry part of the country Ian ;):lol:

Looking good mucker :thumbs:B)

Cheers Mr G :)

I have a garage in a dry part of the country Ian ;):lol:

Luckily it's stopped raining but thanks for the offer :lol: if it comes with fudge brownies I'll be there in 2 hours :thumbs:

Well Ian you will get a good chance next weekend to give the Meister R's a workout :drive1

Looking forward to seeing you & Jayne, it's been a while :drunk:

That I am really looking forward to, might even stiffen the settings a bit too. Will chat to you about that @ Wales. Although gave the Meisters a bit of a bash at the last Midlands meet and was highly impressed with the improved braking in the wet. Let's just say it saved my bacon from a ditch :surrender: brown cloth came to mind :scare:

It has been a while to be fair :drunk:

Okay work started this morning to strip the engine bay for the big clean. Using a mix of Meguiars engine cleaner and engine degreaser the job started with a mucky engine bay.

(some pics are prior to recent mods just in case someone says thought you fitted xxx where has it gone - pics purely for dirt and muck purposes)

0986ccb5.jpg

3c9f6047.jpg

6e39c893.jpg

ca2cef2f.jpg

e753dbde.jpg

e7420d8c.jpg

6f102c8c.jpg

e9f183b4.jpg

And now some finished pics

293d03d5.jpg

76e02391.jpg

1959b8f1.jpg

808b03e0.jpg

54870f90.jpg

a6d3b1b9.jpg

be5e74be.jpg

Now onto handbrake and gear boots.... Back in a bit ;)

Hard work this Life of Leisure stuff isn't it Ian? ;) I'm still trying to convince Fran I should be a kept man :lol:

Okay so I had a weeks holiday :lol: but I've been very busy today guv, honest!

Here's the Handbrake and Gear Boot update :thumbs:

546ceb84.jpg

7dc57b8d.jpg

d5f59fbf.jpg

Next on the list is to get back polishing plenums including my own again to ensure its gleaming and ready for the Pro Bolts once delivered.

• 2 weeks later...

I never had a chance to update my thread before Wales, so here are the latest additions.

ARC V2 Catch can

Red Samco Air Intake joints

Remainder of Pro Bolts

Rare JDM Engine Cover

Painted and lacquered oem strut bar in Azure

IMG_7392.jpg

IMG_7390.jpg

IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7388.jpg

IMG_7397.jpg

IMG_7395.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

IMG_7394.jpg

IMG_7393.jpg

IMG_7400.jpg

Just the red Brembo's to fit

Mishimoto steering reservoir

Earls Braided Hoses to replace the horrible black oem pipes

phwoaarrrrr

:lol: Cheers

That looks über slick, nice job on all the shiney bits!

You did better than me at polishing the timing cover, I gave up half way through :lol:

Well, I've done 50% of the cover so I invisage at least another 10 hours on it yet. I want it as shiny as the plenum.

Engine bay, "magpie edition". Lots of shiny bits. B)

Cheers Bronzee, I got fed up of trying to follow colours, so anything that can be polished WILL be!

I think I'll be swapping out the countersunk bolts and washers for etched hex head like round the plenum. The pics don't really give the true perception.

So I'll be posting up for sale soon.....

Tarmac Red Bolts and Pro Bolts countersunk bolts, as I have changed my mind THAT much :lol:

Looking real B)

I definitely need to spend some time cleaning and polishing my engine bay to do the Polished Vortech and Kinetix SSV justice.

What do you use to polish this stuff up? eg the Strut brace and timing covers?