Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Ahh well done fella, I missed a mod :thumbs:

HEL Braided hoses and Motul RBF 600 Fluid fitted very soon after my RING trip as a result of cooking my brakes.

I also have HEL Braided Clutch as well :thumbs:

Not sure if I've even added the SuperPro eccentric lower compression arm bushes and ARB bushes to the list. I keep fitting things but forget to put them on here.

Not sure if I've even added the SuperPro eccentric lower compression arm bushes and ARB bushes to the list. I keep fitting things but forget to put them on here.

Mount a big whiteboard in the garage listing every mod you plan to do and then make a big red tick mark when done :D

Mount a big whiteboard in the garage listing every mod you plan to do and then make a big red tick mark when done :D

The long list is almost done, only a few low value mods to do, then there's some very expensive mods. Example:

Low value:

Braide the rest of the engine bay

Tint windows

Replace wheel nuts when news wheels are ordered

Expensive:

Supercharger + add on's

Wheels + Tyres

Motordyne Back box

So the list is almost complete, just need a job now so that I can continue spending :lol:

Oh and I don't have a garage which is a pain in the a$$.

Mate always had full appreciation for your Z and the effort taken. It's just got better,Good work. :cloud9:

Cheers Rothers it's not for the will of trying.

Ian, you would be ashamed of the colour of my engine bay :lol: The dirtiest part of your engine bay is still cleaner than my cleanest part :blush:

Well there's a few dirty bays out there. It's a huge job to clear the crap, and I had to remove a number of items in order to get a good clean. Used some engine bay cleaner courtesy of DoogyRev which worked a treat.

I can actually put my hand up and say my bay is now cleaner than Shire's, I had a moan at him at Wales for not keeping on top of things.

Problem for me is once you start you've got to keep going. In fact I'll be giving her a quick dust over in the engine bay tomorrow. More painting and polishing today for plenums and struts.

what did you use to polish the plenum chamber?

A multitude of weapons and hours of elbow grease.

Wet and Dry 120, 180, 240, 440, 600

Drill : 120, 180, 320 flap wheels

Dremmel : varying light grit wheels

Them move onto....

Drill : 3 sized polishing mops, with 3 varying cutting and polishing compounds

Bench machine : 8" polishing mops, again 3 wheels for cut, cut and polish then finish with polish.

Back onto drill and dremmel with felt ends and polishing mops.

Let's just say it takes a long time and very frustrating as you need to bring the levels of grit evenly, ensuring all previous levels of abrasion are removed.

The bench machine polisher is my favourite as you get amazing results, only problem is my machine gets hot with lots of work.

my dad has a workshop for his business, i might see what i can steal

Note: you'll probably spend about 30hrs on your first one, as it's a fine art completing each cycle, knowing when to move onto the next grit and so on. You'll also find that you'll become impatient and want it shining like no tomorrow. You must avoid that feeling as you'll only have to retrace steps back to before getting ahead of yourself.

A bench polisher and compounds are a must for getting the best results.

I invested over £200 for the equipment.

Or you can get it powder coated for £80 and no effort :shrug:;)

Note: you'll probably spend about 30hrs on your first one, as it's a fine art completing each cycle, knowing when to move onto the next grit and so on. You'll also find that you'll become impatient and want it shining like no tomorrow. You must avoid that feeling as you'll only have to retrace steps back to before getting ahead of yourself.

Tut tut Mr G, now that's just lazy. But to be fair results can look pretty nice :thumbs:

But would you not then have a powder coated plenum rather than a polished one? :shrug:

DB

Use fridge in kitchen as whiteboard...

Use fridge in kitchen as whiteboard...

I'd need a bloody great big fridge :lol:

Some mod developments :thumbs:

Red Brembo callipers will be fitted on Tuesday, along with my new engine start button.

b15aedc7.jpg

Which should hopefully look like this....

Red.jpg

2a32f2bf.jpg

You may notice the number 7 on the package as I was a lucky winner at Wales and also took ownership of a new suede steering wheel both courtesy of EPR Racing :thumbs:

8ed3a734.jpg

Also to potentially add on Tuesday time permitting is one of those auto close mirror units from cookbot

5b7d6c63.jpg

Had an opportunity to fit the above today, although encountered some issues with the calipers. 1. They have been spray painted rather than powder coated. 2. There is minimal or NO lacquer on them what so ever. They are going straight back to Godspeed for correction. So the calipers were not fitted.

The auto fold mirrors therefore were dropped as well, due to the amount of time fitting the engine start button.

Now, this is one piece of kit that really does look oem when fitted. Fits perfect, starts every time and looks nice.

IMG_7408.jpg

B)

shame about the calipers, did the paint flake off on you while installing, hope you didnt waste much time :doh:

There was a small amount of brake fluid that dripped onto the caliper, it instantly started stripping itself. Now if you drip brake fluid on the oem brembo's nothing happens as their is plenty of lacquer.

I then took my finger nail to the paint, it clearly was not lacquered before leaving their depot.

So they will be going back and a morning wasted.

Godspeed have accepted taking the callipers back.

It turns out there was NO lacquer on the callipers :bangin:

"We use gloss paint and this didn't require lacquer"

So they will re-do all of them with lacquer this time. I shall update when they return :thumbs: