Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

hey wasso, what a beautiful subtle job, i'm a newbie of two and a half weeks standing and i think what you've done is superb and subtle and in my mind they're the best type of mods. it's certainly given me food for thought and juding by previous comments the turbo versus supercharger argument could go on forever. i think you've done a wonderful jon. samsniss350Z

Changed my mind all of a sudden, I'll go for the SA70 instead :dry:

:lol:

Saw them on Supra and MX-5 forums already, so not so exclusive :lol:

Which ones the 60's or 70's? If you've seen the 60's I would almost garauntee all of them are 18".

The ones I'd like will be 19" :p (crap offsets though :lol: )

hey wasso, what a beautiful subtle job, i'm a newbie of two and a half weeks standing and i think what you've done is superb and subtle and in my mind they're the best type of mods. it's certainly given me food for thought and juding by previous comments the turbo versus supercharger argument could go on forever. i think you've done a wonderful jon. samsniss350Z

Ah cheers :thumbs: made my morning that has. Any questions fire away.

Me??? spare RE30's ?????

No no idea what you are talking about (whistles innocently smiley)

Like option 2 as well :thumbs:

Any news on the calipers?????

when you coming down again?

The last calliper should be with me by the end of next week. I'll be heading down to see Jez the day before Keevil for a checkup so may get Jez to whack them on.

If not then I'll be down soon just need to work some dates. I'll sort it all out this weekend.

Looking forward to sliding, sorry slotting, no I mean somehow getting those rims under my arches :headhurt:

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally Godspeed have delivered!!! :boxing:

So I am now the proud owner of 4 complete calipers ready to fit.

So the car will go in to my local garage fairly soon for fitting.

The Blitz spoiler has been purchased but won't be with me for a few weeks.

Once my old calipers are off, they will be treated by a special service by my own hands ready for resale. So watch out for a special for sale thread.

Once my old calipers are off, they will be treated by a special service by my own hands ready for resale. So watch out for a special for sale thread.

Didn't cover themselves in glory did they :shrug: Sorry I mentioned them to you now :thumbs::blush:

Didn't cover themselves in glory did they :shrug: Sorry I mentioned them to you now :thumbs::blush:

Don't worry MrG I got the end result apart from taking 4 months lol. I moaned at their MD, saying they were useless. Their communication was horrific, and I made sure they knew about it. Would I use them again, no. Bennett even enquirer with them and said they use special paint. Bennett knew the issues I had and put the phone down. I'd say your work you had done was a one off, it's shameful to know an established company such as Godspeed could fail on 3 occasions. Still though the job is now done. At last :lol:

Local garage? Get down here we can get them done and you get a free holiday and to try some RE

30's at the same time :thumbs:

They're in Bridgend :thumbdown:

Chris was saying about having them fitted.

That's a fair point actually tie it in with the visit once I have a firm date :#1:

:doh:

Just to finish, Godspeed said on their last call, "do you want to meet us half way if the courier is likely to damage the calipers again" I said put them in the post but this time wait for the lacquer to harden :bangin:

They're in Bridgend :thumbdown:

Chris was saying about having them fitted.

That's a fair point actually tie it in with the visit once I have a firm date :#1:

:doh:

Just to finish, Godspeed said on their last call, "do you want to meet us half way if the courier is likely to damage the calipers again" I said put them in the post but this time wait for the lacquer to harden :bangin:

FFS!!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so finally after many months of pain and sorrow the calipers are on :teeth:

They're only iPhone pics for now till I get on my laptop for the fitting pics etc.

Had them fitted by Mr Chris Keyser who got very MAD with my car. For whatever reason despite taking calipers of and on within 60 seconds air had somehow managed to get into the system. So plenty of hours of bleeding ensued. I even tried the trick of driving down the road to heat the system with heavy braking, which only made a slight 10% improvement.

So Chris adopted the depress the pedal over night trick. Out came a lump of wood and the pedal was depressed for 10 hours+

The next morning I have 85% braking, and now after the weekend I'm back to 100% after the remaining air has been lost through heat.

Anyway a chapter finished until the next time.

D1667148-BA28-4536-A5EE-1BD62EAEF4FC-3953-00000250C1C2E66E.jpg

0439F35D-3733-4524-9FA8-8683757DA36B-3953-00000250D2529245.jpg

You need red nuts now :)B)

I may have red nuts at the weekend ;)

Looks ace matey, nice one

Cheers Will :thumbs: it's been long overdue. I also have a Blitz spoiler in my porch ;)

I had the pleasure of seeing these up close. B) I must say they look lovely!

Cheers Steve I'm rather proud of the finish now and ready for the next mod :thumbs: